Discontent #12 food, energy, transport, cost of living, society etc

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honestly we should have an entire finance sub forum here! I know it errs on risky territory as we’re not FCA regulated etc but as long as it’s heavily caveated surely it should be cool?

I know this sounds like a reach but tattle being a safe space to discuss influencers, the predatory nature of their peer to peer marketing schtick, the dishonesty, explaining affiliate links/how it works to bystanders is actually really financially empowering to the women this tit targets/damages lbr. It’s so nice to have a space like this + also be able to talk about finances in a similar non intimidating setting (like I have no desire to go to Martin Lewis’ forum, altho with that said r/ukpersonalfinance is good and where I learnt about investing from!! They are hateful neeks tho!).
I haven’t seen the r/ukpersonalfinance but will take a look! As long as people aren’t giving actual advice it’ll be fine. I say that as a regulated adviser (trying not to out myself too much on here!). I’d much rather a safe space for people to learn than people make mistakes. That’s why the Martin Lewis forum is so good, as there’s advisers on there who help rather than people making some terrible mistakes. TikTok makes me want to cry with the amount of incorrect info being put out there!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Quick and semi-depressing info - many pension schemes will pay out a sum if the holder dies before they can access it. So your next of kin/estate may benefit, even if you don’t.
Mum said I'll get around £70k if she dies before retirement. She's a civil servant and they pay 3x salary death in service. She has cancer so had mentioned it

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.