Digital Spy Forums

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The worst are people like Frank Debrin, carl.waring (so shockingly rude I can't believe he's not been banned), the_don1, bollywood, and unique. Don't even bother trying to converse with them, just shove them on ignore. It will save some massive headaches. It's mindblowing to me how certain posters can break the rules 100 times over and nothing, but you can get banned for saying "I agree" to someone's politely expessed opinion in a debate about transgender issues.
There are a bunch of trans activists on there and you cannot say anything without them getting offended. For example they all got up in arms about a tweet made by JK Rowling (which I didn't see as offensive). She was being ripped to sheds over it. Because they are so aggressive its absolutely not worth joining any discussion on the subject.

Reactions: 8
I just got fed up with the cliques, the non-stop student politics, the overwhelming virtue-signalling and the outrageously poor moderation. I've been on the forums for around 12 years and only made 1000 posts - it just doesn't appeal to me when you have such absolute arseholes on there.

Reactions: 7
There are a bunch of trans activists on there and you cannot say anything without them getting offended. For example they all got up in arms about a tweet made by JK Rowling (which I didn't see as offensive). She was being ripped to sheds over it. Because they are so aggressive its absolutely not worth joining any discussion on the subject.
They seem to have been given unspoken permission by the mods to run the forums. It really is crazy.

Trans activists quite upset me. I consider myself a LGBTQ+ ally but trans activists are so toxic and even violent they make me afraid for the future. It's mindboggling they can't see the harm they are doing to their own cause.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
They seem to have been given unspoken permission by the mods to run the forums. It really is crazy.

Trans activists quite upset me. I consider myself a LGBTQ+ ally but trans activists are so toxic and even violent they make me afraid for the future. It's mindboggling they can't see the harm they are doing to their own cause.
Yes I totally agree with you. I'm all for 'live and let live' but some of them are really scary, and as you say they are harming their own cause by their hard line approach and the insistence that everyone falls into line. It's as if the mods are scared of being accused of being phobic by them so they just let them bully everyone else into submission.

Reactions: 6
Don't mention Harry and Megain, well, don't criticise them in any way or you get a final warning or ban. I asked the reasons I got suspended and was told posting links to media sources could incite hatred and leave DS open to legal action from Harry and Megain.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Don't mention Harry and Megain, well, don't criticise them in any way or you get a final warning or ban. I asked the reasons I got suspended and was told posting links to media sources could incite hatred and leave DS open to legal action from Harry and Megain.
They do seem to be very worried about litigation.
Okay a lot of stuff discussed on this forum is just gossip. Probably some of it is rubbish and certainly a lot is unproven rumours but how is it than we can discuss on here and not on DS?

DS have a rabid fear about certain subjects and threads seem to be automatically deleted if they mention the McCann's, Katie Price and Philip Schofield. I guess we can now add Meghan and Harry to that list.

I can't see the point of a forum where people can't actually discuss or put forward any opinion other than one of total agreement that the celeb is anything other than wonderful.

Reactions: 4
The worst are people like Frank Debrin, carl.waring (so shockingly rude I can't believe he's not been banned), the_don1, bollywood, and unique. Don't even bother trying to converse with them, just shove them on ignore. It will save some massive headaches. It's mind blowing to me how certain posters can break the rules 100 times over and nothing, but you can get banned for saying "I agree" to someone's politely expressed opinion in a debate about transgender issues.
I've had run ins with a couple of those you mention, just bully boys/barrack room lawyers and they back off when you stand your ground and don't cower away. I am very surprised how they are allowed to make very personal attacks on other members given personal attacks are a supposed no no over there.

I've had run ins with a couple of those you mention, just bully boys/barrack room lawyers and they back off when you stand your ground and don't cower away. I am very surprised how they are allowed to make very personal attacks on other members given personal attacks are a supposed no no over there.
That's exactly what annoys me. If you post any negative opinion about a celeb you get called out for being a 'horrible hate filled person' even if what you posted wasn't really that bad. So it seems to be ok to attack posters but not the celeb in question. Nobody there seems to see any irony in that!

Reactions: 3
Don't worry Scotch Mist, one of them is asking for help on picking the best microwave egg poacher which sums up his true intelligence.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I tried to sign up to DS a few months ago as I like the soaps forums and then all of a sudden I could no longer view any of the forums at all, and obviously my membership hadn’t been approved. I’m guessing they blocked my IP address (this lie that influencers spread explained here) ? No idea what the duck I did wrong, I hadn’t even had the chance to make any comments or posts 🤷🏻‍♀️😂

• Haha
He's awful and so is scottie2121 who only ever seems to post to sneer at other forum members. He has never, not once, contributed anything that could bring some positivty to anyone or anything.

I'd pity these people if they weren't so awful to be around.
Yeah, HIM, Scottie2121, always comes into my threads and trashes them, he is "untouchable" and I swear he has a sock (Sport1).

I tried to sign up to DS a few months ago as I like the soaps forums and then all of a sudden I could no longer view any of the forums at all, and obviously my membership hadn’t been approved. I’m guessing they blocked my IP address (this lie that influencers spread explained here) ? No idea what the duck I did wrong, I hadn’t even had the chance to make any comments or posts 🤷🏻‍♀️😂
They had massive sign in problems a few months ago so you should have no problem now signing up or signing in.

Reactions: 1
There was a thread about JK what'sherface about the comments she made on twitter, the thread was closed and at least 8 people BANNED.

There was a thread about the bans but the thread was pulled within minutes.

DS is just a grim place these days. I haven't logged in for some time now because I actually want to see differing opinions and potentially debate things, not just the same opinion on everything and additionally being ignored by cliques.

Hello 👋🏼 I used to post on DS yearsssss ago! Mainly in the BB forums. I couldn’t log back in after the username/password debacle because I had no idea which email I had used to make the account about 10 years ago 🤣 so I came over here.

I saw the Mandy mccan thread and thought well this will get shut down in a minute 🤣🤣

• Wow
This is perfect timing.

Today I came across a thread and posted a reply. I got a warning and restrictions on my account for bumping an old thread, yes it was old, no I did not read the date but a warning and restrictions is a bit much when they could just have told me of my 'error' (mistake actually)...bunch of idiots. I've now replied and expect a full life ban for the content of my reply.

Hello 👋🏼 I used to post on DS yearsssss ago! Mainly in the BB forums. I couldn’t log back in after the username/password debacle because I had no idea which email I had used to make the account about 10 years ago 🤣 so I came over here.

I saw the Mandy mccan thread and thought well this will get shut down in a minute 🤣🤣
But it wasn't closed, it's actually still up and running, I'm still quite shocked it's there.

DS is just a grim place these days. I haven't logged in for some time now because I actually want to see differing opinions and potentially debate things, not just the same opinion on everything and additionally being ignored by cliques.
DS is boring, GD is full of Covid 19 threads, BLM threads, however I'm managed to spice things up a tad with a few threads which did rather well.

Oh and Frank Debrin was banned tonight.

• Haha
There was a thread about JK what'sherface about the comments she made on twitter, the thread was closed and at least 8 people BANNED.

There was a thread about the bans but the thread was pulled within minutes.
Yeah, you know the mods have lost the plot when they ban Whedonite over that thread, who is one of the most leftist lefties, wokiest woke person I have ever seen on a forum. I’ve never seen her write anything outside of the “party line” - still didn’t, actually. In that thread she kept reiterating that she thinks trans women are women but ‘please don’t call me a cis-woman because I don’t like it’ and was routinely ignored. I don’t like her so wasn’t particularly upset that she was getting goaded and patronisingly spoken to like I’ve seen her do to others. Perhaps it will also be a lesson to her that when you live your life by admonishing people and trying to get them “cancelled” when they don’t have the same views as you, don’t be surprised when suddenly your own views aren’t considered up to standard and the mob turns on you.

God I could write an essay thesis rant calling out DS posters. I can think of five off the top of my head but could probably be pushed to twenty if I had a few minutes to think of names.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.