Digital Spy Forums

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There was a thread about JK what'sherface about the comments she made on twitter, the thread was closed and at least 8 people BANNED.

There was a thread about the bans but the thread was pulled within minutes.
Ive been banned for a week for saying I didn’t think that JK Rowling was transphobic in that thread. Apparently I was ‘minimising transphobia’. It’s ridiculous, but there you go. The mods have always been faceless hitlers over there.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
The mods have always been faceless hitlers over there.
Exactly, it's not worth your time - just post elsewhere and ignore the place. I've hardly been on myself apart from to look at the soaps forum last night having endured what was possibly the worst Emmerdale episode known to man. Bizarrely they liked it, so maybe I'm in the minority. :p

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Ive been banned for a week for saying I didn’t think that JK Rowling was trans phobic in that thread. Apparently I was ‘minimising transphobia’. It’s ridiculous, but there you go. The mods have always been faceless hitlers over there.
So the bans are temporary, oh tit! That means Frank will be back in a week..

I said something about Sam Smith a while back, got my account restricted like it I am now restricted on here.

Reactions: 1
There was a thread about JK what'sherface about the comments she made on twitter, the thread was closed and at least 8 people BANNED.

There was a thread about the bans but the thread was pulled within minutes.
Well that's just bleeping typical. God forbid that anyone should defend JK from that rabid bunch of pricks.

Yeah, you know the mods have lost the plot when they ban Whedonite over that thread, who is one of the most leftist lefties, wokiest woke person I have ever seen on a forum. I’ve never seen her write anything outside of the “party line” - still didn’t, actually. In that thread she kept reiterating that she thinks trans women are women but ‘please don’t call me a cis-woman because I don’t like it’ and was routinely ignored. I don’t like her so wasn’t particularly upset that she was getting goaded and patronisingly spoken to like I’ve seen her do to others. Perhaps it will also be a lesson to her that when you live your life by admonishing people and trying to get them “cancelled” when they don’t have the same views as you, don’t be surprised when suddenly your own views aren’t considered up to standard and the mob turns on you.

God I could write an essay thesis rant calling out DS posters. I can think of five off the top of my head but could probably be pushed to twenty if I had a few minutes to think of names.
Whedonite is a sanctimonious tosser, glad to hear that the mob have turned on her 😁 thats made my day. Shame I missed the fun.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Hello all! I’m a DSer too, but probably one of the sanctimonious ones so I’ll keep it low on here :D
A) I actually thought the JK thread was doing quite well for an open discussion for a while then it got a bit silly
B) I saw a poster mention lurking in the Strictly live thread - yes it is very bring the sausage rolls and have a party but it is very good fun and I tend to think it’s quite welcoming :)

but yes, DS has definitely changed in the 14 odd years I’ve been on there, and not for the better :( I also only found Tattle because of PS but my eyes have been opened to SO MUCH GOSSIP.

Reactions: 5
What did Mr Drebin say this time I wonder?
WARNING! Don't contribute to transgender threads unless your comments are 100% 'safe'

Otherwise, you could end up getting banned like these FMs:
Aristaeus
DaisyBill
Frannypoo
Jane Doh!
SeasideLady
wandering-star
Whedonite
WombatDeath
maybe there are more.

Admittedly, I didn't contribute or read all of the recent (now closed) J.K Rowling being Transphobic on Twitter again thread but what I did read wasn't transphobic as far as I'm concerned. It's happened on previous threads discussing transgender issues where I have contributed then I suddenly notice the thread has been trimmed as well as FMs banned and I wonder why or if I've missed something. That's why I've said 100% 'safe' as it seems even the mildest comments are being removed and perhaps result in bans. I put the word 'safe' in quotes as I'm not really sure what that is in the eyes of the moderators. That made me wary of contributing to the above thread in case my comments were deemed not to be 'safe'.

I know free speech is not really a thing on DS but the moderation around this topic seems to be extremely OTT/harsh. I'm not too familiar with all the above FMs but many have been members for a long time I can't remember any of them being particularly bigoted or saying anything worthy of a ban. This thread will get deleted as the moderators' actions are seemingly indisputable but why can't they explain for once the thinking behind this OTT/harsh transgender thread moderation policy? The only time a transgender thread will remain open is if they are echo chambers where only 'safe' comments are allowed.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I used to venture into the soaps forum quite regularly but it was really cliquey, especially the Eastenders threads. You were definitely ignored if your face didn’t fit.

• Haha
I was banned for saying that it’s just a biological fact that transwomen can’t menstruate. They can’t because they weren’t born with the ‘equipment’ to do so. I’ve nothing against trans people on a personal level, live and let live as far I’m concerned etc.

But apparently pointing out that it’s not transphobic to say trans women can’t have periods is ‘minimizing transphobia‘.

The place is a bleeping joke!

Reactions: 10
Well, got a ten day ban on the 'should children go back to school' thread, how very dare me for arguing logic and facts and upsetting a teacher or two, thats me done, fluck DS I won't be going back.

So remember folks, along with all the other topics that are taboo, you can't criticize teachers in anyway and remember if you enjoy a comfortable retirement and have a rather nice home with large garden you've worked 40 years to get your seen as elitist and a snob...I'm off to the summer room for tea and toast and read the Times.

I have a feeling the Digital Spy forums won’t be around after 2021. That is, if they have any members left to keep it going that they haven’t already banned by then.

Reactions: 7
Thing is, if people are being temporarily banned unnecessarily, why would you actually want to return to DS?

I've seen this quite a few times where long-timers get a temp ban then return. I'd personally be telling DS where to stick it.

I'm another refugee from the JKR thread. I kind of knew I was going to get banned when I posted but I thought 'what the heck, some people might read it and see it's ok to tell the truth'. My post was on there for a while and had 17 likes last time I checked.
i expect I'm permabanned but I won't be going back even if I'm not. The whole forum has gone to tit over the last few years. Shame really, it used to be my favourite.

I was banned for saying that it’s just a biological fact that transwomen can’t menstruate. They can’t because they weren’t born with the ‘equipment’ to do so. I’ve nothing against trans people on a personal level, live and let live as far I’m concerned etc.

But apparently pointing out that it’s not transphobic to say trans women can’t have periods is ‘minimizing transphobia‘.

The place is a bleeping joke!
I certainly agree. There is no room for sensible debate on anything any more. If you post anything short of whole hearted approval (from the accepted DS opinion) you will be attacked or banned. When I first joined years ago you could have a bit of a laugh but these days I find the place toxic and deeply unpleasant. I'm never going back there again and by the sounds of it neither will many others.

Hopefully DS will sink under their bandwagon of wokery. 😁

I use to go there and stopped years ago . I didn't like the new layout i much preferred the channel 4 forums. I use to go on the student room when i was at school.

Reactions: 2
I've talked to 'support' on several occasions and either the same person got back to me or they employ what I believe are young people to be mods judging by how they compile a reply; young or old matters not but I think they moderate based on their personal views. When I got into trouble for giving my opinion on Harry and Megain and for posting links I was told I was 'leaving digital spy open to possible litigation bought on by the Royal Couple'.

So much we can't talk about, can't voice an opinion on these days, we are slowly but surely loosing our freedom of speech.

Reactions: 4
It's a terrible forum, IMO. I used to read it religiously (anyone remember the neighbour pooing in the pond? :ROFLMAO:) but it's just devolved into a haven of ridiculousness. I think a lot of people there are on the spectrum - it would certainly explain a lot about the rigid viewpoints of many posters.

Have been a regular but infrequent poster on DS since C4 closed the Big Brother forum. Have been there over 16 years but have only posted around 200 comments.

I have never been warned, less banned. Have not overly noticed the particular wokeness, what grinds my years is the misogyny on certain threads and the cliques.

The worst culprits it my experience are Rhumble and Pgwoodhouse.

I was really enjoying classic Coronation Street and found the thread only to find it full of people making horrible comments about any actress over 40. Percy however was exempt from criticism, despite being written as a difficult character. They post again and again about the way Rita treats Mavis, ignoring the fact the they are written as a humorous double act. Not been there in more than a year.

• Heart
There was one thread about Katie Price which went on and on and on with members posting the most vile comments about her, really nasty personal comments and that thread was allowed to run for ages before it was eventually closed and yet other threads are shut down pretty much on day one, there is no consistency in DS moderation.

There was one thread about Katie Price which went on and on and on with members posting the most vile comments about her, really nasty personal comments and that thread was allowed to run for ages before it was eventually closed and yet other threads are shut down pretty much on day one, there is no consistency in DS moderation.
Oh you mean the one from last year, not as good as the original thread I started in 2013 lasting 200 pages.

Reactions: 1
The 200 page thread, it seemed to attract all the nasty low lifes over on DS who more than likely live a shite life and attacking someone on social media cheers them up.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.