Digital Spy Forums #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A new thread to discuss Hurst magazines odd forum :)

Reactions: 5
Is occy male or female? I have always assumed the former, but I really don't know as s/he doesn't give much away that I have noticed. Although s/he is very annoying starting numerous random new threads and posting on other ones without reading previous posts before repeating what has already been commented on. However, the amount of stick s/he receives, I have never known him/her to be rude to other FMs.

Reactions: 3
Does anyone remember a poster called PamelaL? She was a regular years ago and was an Australian woman living in the U.K. She used to post all the time and then just stopped randomly. I often wonder what happened to her.

Reactions: 1
Well, I've always thought HR Guru/Sierra mist was female. 😳
They might be. I'm calling them he but I'm not actually sure of their gender.

Does anyone remember a poster called PamelaL? She was a regular years ago and was an Australian woman living in the U.K. She used to post all the time and then just stopped randomly. I often wonder what happened to her.
Yes, I remember her. I quite liked her.

Yes I like her as well. She went from being really prolific to just not posting at all, even occasionally.

There is an FM who seems to appear everywhere, mainly on the TV threads, yet rarely has anything of interest to say. I won't mention 'her' name as I believe she may have learning difficulties. In fact, it is a shame as I've noticed many FMs with high post counts must be housebound as there is no way they good post as often as they do if they are able to get out for a few hours. The same applies to FMs who maybe have mental health issues, so posting on DS and and any other forum could be the only time they 'speak' to someone.

• Haha
About 2/3 years ago I used to look on DS Forums only on Sundays to read the Liz Jones thread after her MoS column was published. But I noticed that there was a poster who every Sunday used to do little spoof Liz J columns and I admit I didn't read them as that sort of p take had been done to death and I found them boring. Anyway, one Sunday about 2 or 3 posters none of whom I recognised as being on the LJ thread really laid into her.it was horrible. They instructed her to stop doing the little spoofs and were just vile. If I'd been a member I would have muscled in and defended her but a very few did while others jumped on band wagon.. The ones that started the attack didn't return to the thread after upsetting her, nor did she, she was obviously hurt and said she was sorry her posts had angered people and wouldn't post again. Then she died a few weeks later. It made me feel really sad that her little bit of enjoyment was ruined by typical DS people and I was sickened and I never went back to DS since.i used to think she probably looked forward to her Sundays on that thread and they made her leave it.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
It seemed planned to me for them to just pop up singing the same song. So it seemed more like an attack than if a regular had said something.
There was a hoo-hah recently, and it seemed like it became an organised attack.

There is an FM who seems to appear everywhere, mainly on the TV threads, yet rarely has anything of interest to say. I won't mention 'her' name as I believe she may have learning difficulties. In fact, it is a shame as I've noticed many FMs with high post counts must be housebound as there is no way they good post as often as they do if they are able to get out for a few hours. The same applies to FMs who maybe have mental health issues, so posting on DS and and any other forum could be the only time they 'speak' to someone.
I can't think of the name but does she also hang around in Soaps obsessing over young child characters?

I can't think of the name but does she also hang around in Soaps obsessing over young child characters?
I wouldn't know if we are referring to the same FM as I don't read the soap forums. Possibly not the same person as to obsess over someone she would have to post more than a few words per post...unless they are all cumulative.

60K+ posts = 90% pointless crap.

I have a feeling I know who you are talking about and totally agree that if they do have difficulties, I'd rather not say anything negative. Mostly just skip their posts.

You're probably right about the high profile posters, maybe the lockdown hasn't helped with that for some though.

Reactions: 2
This was posted by 'What's your point' in the last thread but I thought is was too good to go unnoticed ....

'I have been a irregular poster on DS for many years. Sometimes dont log in for months at a time to be honest.

I might go back on and call all the ones I dont like Twats though just for fun because I dont really intend ever going back on again. And some of them deserve it 😂

The ratio of nutters to 'normal' posters is scary high on there.

I prefer here the mods are really decent I think to be fair and Tattle doesn't have the same cliques as DS (there are some I suppose but on the whole they are all really accepting of new posters).'

I have long thought that if I go (I'm on my last warning) it will been in a blaze of glory and I will tell everyone on the LBC thread what I think :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

About 2/3 years ago I used to look on DS Forums only on Sundays to read the Liz Jones thread after her MoS column was published. But I noticed that there was a poster who every Sunday used to do little spoof Liz J columns and I admit I didn't read them as that sort of p take had been done to death and I found them boring. Anyway, one Sunday about 2 or 3 posters none of whom I recognised as being on the LJ thread really laid into her.it was horrible. They instructed her to stop doing the little spoofs and were just vile. If I'd been a member I would have muscled in and defended her but a very few did while others jumped on band wagon.. The ones that started the attack didn't return to the thread after upsetting her, nor did she, she was obviously hurt and said she was sorry her posts had angered people and wouldn't post again. Then she died a few weeks later. It made me feel really sad that her little bit of enjoyment was ruined by typical DS people and I was sickened and I never went back to DS since.i used to think she probably looked forward to her Sundays on that thread and they made her leave it.
I remember that It was very sad. I think she had a lot of experience in journalism herself and used to write anecdotes. The person who targeted her hadn't even posted on the thread for a few years.

Are you talking about a lass who uses her full name with an underscore in the middle as her username?

I used to frequent the DS forums years ago, can’t remember my username though. I left in the end because it’s full of people swimming in the shallow end of the gene pool. Just gone on for a mooch now (can’t sleep) first thread I look in, someone is confidently claiming bipolar is the modern term for schizophrenia. Good to see nothing has changed!

Reactions: 3
I wouldn't know if we are referring to the same FM as I don't read the soap forums. Possibly not the same person as to obsess over someone she would have to post more than a few words per post...unless they are all cumulative.

60K+ posts = 90% pointless crap.
I just ventured into DS and found the user you're talking about. She spends a lot of time in Chatter and doesn't really provide anything interesting in any discussion.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.