Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

TheMan

I actually saw a Tumblr post where a young American girl had posted a picture from Derry Girls, with the text "I wish I had lived in Derry in the 90s"

I replied "As someone from Northern Ireland, I can promise you REALLY don't." Some people are just SO naive, ridiculously stupid and annoying.
Awk sure it was all nuns and werid friends and doing talent shows! Nothing like bombs, murder, any of that! And the people who say this stuff are ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYS American. And in their mid 20s. And girls.

• Haha
Reactions: 19

Boring Monday

VIP Member
It was the bit where all the Angles hugged Claire, and because Orla was the last in, her big wings went round them all. Very well done.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Webster1357

VIP Member
Loved last nights episode

Michelle sees the plumber:

'Fuck me sideways'
'Language Michelle!'
'Fuck me come on Mary, that's ridiculous'
'Even so'

🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 18

nycinthesun

Claire is almost unwatchable! I really don’t rate Nicola as an actress at all. She basically plays the same character is s2 of Bridgerton, just an aristo version 😂 only on second episode but it’s lost a wee bit of the charm for me

Father Ted was just sooooo good. Might watch some
Eps tonight 😂
I'm a bit let down by Clare so far this season. She was my favorite character but it seems like she's just over the top with the screaming and anxiety. I wonder if it's because her role had to be reduced due to scheduling conflicts with Bridgerton and they just made Clare extra dramatic to make use of her limited time with Derry Girls? I'm hoping this final season features more of Orla. She feels like a background actor at this point.

Reactions: 18

Dizzy

VIP Member
Loved episode 4 - ‘we’re not filling in your fucking UCAS form here Claire’ 👌🏻🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Gillybean42

VIP Member
I’ve just seen the trailer for season 3! I’ll see if I can link it here!

Hopefully that works!

• Heart

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I just finished the episode and I had such a big smile on my face! I even teared up a bit in few places.
I found Ardal’s inclusion a bit pointless and I found the Niall storyline a bit forced? I think that was because Michelle and James had never mentioned him but it seems like it was an open secret? If there were references to him previously it wouldn’t stick out so much for me.
I was a bit confused with the Bishop on the phone, with Sister Michael saying she phoned him back and he didn’t say much. I think I’m missing something there.
But yes overall I thought it was great and I’m glad that not everything was tied up in a neat little bow, like James and Erin (who I half expected to kiss) and the mum going to University etc. I also didn’t mind the Chelsea Clinton letter scene which was just a bit random but quite fun.

I read a review praising the way Orla was portrayed as an autistic person.
I did not know she was. I haven't watched all the episodes but was this ever acknowledged?
I think Orla was a great character and one that developed the most tbh.
I don’t think it was ever stated, I thought she was just meant to be ‘different’ without having a label. But then Louisa went in tiktok and said that Orla was non binary and I just feel why? Why can’t we just be a woman existing as she wishes without adding labels onto it because they haven’t done that in the series.

On another note I did find it cute after Claire had left the school they were still wearing their rainbow badges.

Last edited:

Wee Nora

VIP Member
Just caught up last night and I enjoyed the last episode. I liked how we got to see a more sensitive/deeper side to Michelle. Loved the dancing scenes with Orla and how her mood suddenly changed when she encountered the soldiers, she’d always been portrayed as carefree until those few seconds, it showed that nobody was immune to what was happening at the time, then true to form she carried on dancing.
I also thought bringing Liam Neeson back for the polling station scene was good, it showed that ultimately both “sides” had had enough and chose peace.
The “adults” were always my favourites on the show, love Mary and Sister Michael in particular and Tommy Tiernan (Gerry) is my favourite comedian, seen him live a few times now, he’s incredible but not for the easily offended 🙈
Best moment of the whole series for me was probably Sister Michael in her sunnies in the Dolorean. Iconic 😎

• Heart

xvictoriax

I read a review praising the way Orla was portrayed as an autistic person.
I did not know she was. I haven't watched all the episodes but was this ever acknowledged?
I think Orla was a great character and one that developed the most tbh.
Don’t think it was ever explicitly stated but there were subtle clues. I think through the series they made slight references, her lack of social skills at times, taking things quite literally though that led to her taking grandpa to the prom. I loved Orla think she was my favourite of the five.

Reactions: 16

Rubyred97

I’m guessing Claire had to move away, as Nicola was filming those bedroom scenes elsewhere during bridgerton. The burger phone though 😂🍔

Reactions: 16

Warpaint

VIP Member
I'm sure the wide reach of Derry Girls will bring Derry and Northern Ireland lots of tourism and it will be great. But a lot of it is still 'troubles' tourism.

It won't be in any of our lifetimes, but as Grampa Joe said, someday it will be a 'Ghost story' and the future generation will have hardly believed what went on and why it had to happen that way.

How we'll get to that stage? Fuck knows, but we will.

Reactions: 15

RachyWoo

VIP Member
Everytime Claire spoke all I could imagine was the amount of spray that must come out her mouth when she speaks, or maybe I'm just weird 😂 She really was overacting the part in that episode. Liam Neeson, was great!! Orla is the best character, she's always made me laugh. I found the adults more amusing than Erin and co this episode.

Raemie20

Maybe it's because I've always found Clare a bit annoying as a character but I thought Nicola Coughlan was the weakest of the bunch in that first episode, I know Clare is shrill but she was completely over the top. The actresses that play Michelle and Orla are the ones with the most natural comic timing. Uncle Colm was the MVP for me last night

Hodgies

Chatty Member
I hadn't had a chance to watch the third series but caught up last night. It's definitely not as naturally, easily funny like the other series are but there's still some classic moments. I think the adults are outstanding in it though.