Denise Pelo #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Your by far the worst mum ever! Perfect parents do not exist!! Most parents are doing mostly good, most of the time! And most kids turn out just fine! That’s my motto!
I whispered under my breath to my son (he's grown up not a baby)

'Shut up ye big bollixing prick"

😂 ring childline quick ...

In my defence , he deserved it ha

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Not a smart arse question, genuinely, has Denise ever said to those following her,if you manifest or believe hard enough, wish and want it enough, then you will have your baby. ?

I don't believe she ever has.... I'm fairness to her like. I really don't think she's ever said those words.
She has said she used manifestation and does alot of work on herself and how her mind thinks, she controls her thoughts. but I don't believe she has outright said if you believe and wish enough it will happen. Nor that she ever said your mind can overcome your physical infertility.

Perhaps its peoples interpretation of what she said about law of attraction and manifesting. Peoples own insecurities were brought up listening to it.
It is not my own insecurities that she brings up. I don't know of you have been through fertility treatment but if you have you will know that you second guess every single aspect of what you do in your life before, during and after. What cosmetics you use, what cleaning products, what you eat, whether you took your injection or pills 2 minutes too early or late, should you have bent down to pick up that pen, whether that twinge is your Godforsaken period coming again, if your womb lining is 0.05mm too little or too much, if the phonecall you will get in the morning will tell you that none of your embryos made it to day 5 blastocysts, if the credit union are going to turn down yet another loan for "home improvement", if you don't chat to work colleagues today because you're so afraid you are going to start crying, if you hear another pregnancy announcement your heart is going to break into a million pieces - again. Denise did 9 IVF cycles and was blessed to have her daughter and really acknowledged that, to then go on and have a natural pregnancy and to state in various ways at various times that is was as a result of journalling, positive thinking and manifesting is just so disingenuous it actually beggars belief. I'm not insecure, I'm incredulous that she thinks it is ok to spout this horseshit having gone through numerous fertility treatments herself!! If she just said it was luck - grand but the bullshit of this manifestation bollocks!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Your by far the worst mum ever! Perfect parents do not exist!! Most parents are doing mostly good, most of the time! And most kids turn out just fine! That’s my motto!
Makes me feel awful, I struggled to breastfeed 2/3 of my kids and had absolutely no support at all so they ended up on formula.
Agree the outfit is awful but it is clearly a still babygro. I’ve no idea why anyone would buy one of those little fake suit ones but they are just a babygro with the little waistcoat attached at the front over it like this one from Next.
I had one of these for my little boys christening. He was 9 weeks though and wore it for about an hour 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Agree the outfit is awful but it is clearly a still babygro. I’ve no idea why anyone would buy one of those little fake suit ones but they are just a babygro with the little waistcoat attached at the front over it like this one from Next.
It would be a cute little novelty outfit if they were going to an event such as a wedding or an after christening outfit....but the weather was so hot today the little polo style rompers she got would have been so much better for him.

Reactions: 4
Makes me feel awful, I struggled to breastfeed 2/3 of my kids and had absolutely no support at all so they ended up on formula.

I had one of these for my little boys christening. He was 9 weeks though and wore it for about an hour 😂
Ok granted yeah maybe for a christening!

Reactions: 1
The wee fellas outfit 🙈 it looks itchy and uncomfortable (I'm sure it isnt). It is very in keeping with her style.
Horrible. So tacky. I love newborns in soft neutral baby grows. They have all their life to be dressed in actual clothes. They’re not small for long. I hate seeing tiny babies dressed up in what looks like doll clothes. Miniature jackets etc. Personal choice I suppose but they alwaylook so uncomfortable.

Reactions: 8
Would a gp not just do a pregnancy test as standard practice in this instance?
As far as I remember, the GP wanted her to have a colonoscopy as she was complaining of bloating etc

It does seem very far fetched that a test wasn’t done. I get her fertility issues but it shouldn’t be taken as gospel unless she literally has no uterus / ovaries / Fallopian tubes

• Heart
As far as I remember, the GP wanted her to have a colonoscopy as she was complaining of bloating etc

It does seem very far fetched that a test wasn’t done. I get her fertility issues but it shouldn’t be taken as gospel unless she literally has no uterus / ovaries / Fallopian tubes
I attend a hospital for treatment. Even though my tubes are tied well over five years they still insist on a pregnancy test before they go ahead.

• Heart
I attend a hospital for treatment. Even though my tubes are tied well over five years they still insist on a pregnancy test before they go ahead.
I find the fact that your word isn’t taken infuriating though, like a woman can’t consent to a medical procedure she has to have this test. It happened to me when I needed a test 5 weeks after having a baby and I told them in advance I wouldn’t be able to confirm LMP date as no cycle after baby but I was 100% certain not pregnant, was told that was ok. But on the day they wanted to send me away for me to get a beta HCG blood test to confirm and wait for results and come back again for test. Even tho I confirmed I was 100% certain not pregnant (no sexual activity since birth of newborn = definitely not pregnant). I hit the roof and I needed the procedure that day and it wasn’t as simple as come back again for other reasons I won’t go into. Eventually the let it go ahead but I felt so belittled and angry, especially angry because I flagged it well in advance and was told it wasn’t an issue.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
do you not believe that fathers of pregnant women should be a priority ? I d have been happy for any father who wanted a vaccine to get one before me - I believe no one should have to labor alone !
Unfortunately they aren't. My partner is 40 and I'm pregnant and he just has the one dose when his turn came up.

Not to go totally off topic, but, I don’t think it should ever be assumed that tied Fallopian tubes are 100% solid. So I can see where they are coming from. Avoiding a lawsuit

Not to go totally off topic, but, I don’t think it should ever be assumed that tied Fallopian tubes are 100% solid. So I can see where they are coming from. Avoiding a lawsuit
Yeah that's the exact reason for it, they're not doubting the individual just making sure.

I went in for a small procedure to remove a tiny cyst on my eye and the made me take a pregnancy test. Doesn’t add up that they were doing medical investigations and didn’t make her pee on a stick once. I reckon she found out a few weeks before (and it was a surprise) but decided to spin it. IMO

I have irregular periods and every time I went to the Gp about anything they would ask about my last period and every time would do a test. Her GP was actually negligent if they didn't do a test!

My sister in law and her wife both talk about this a lot. When they go to GP for anything gynae or stomach etc there’s always a pregnancy test and they’ve said ‘no I am married to my wife I couldn’t be pregnant/ we plan to do ivf etc’ they still make them. Some days they laugh some days it really pisses them off but every single time a GP enforces the test

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.