Deliciously Ella - Ella Mills Woodward and Plants By DE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lol @ the explanation for the nappies.
She really is the only person to ever give birth ever ever ever isn’t she? 🙄

Reactions: 2
Lol @ the explanation for the nappies.
She really is the only person to ever give birth ever ever ever isn’t she? 🙄
Ooh I had no idea you bled after birth and you’d still be sore after passing a 9lb human through the birth canal 🙄🙄🙄, I’m so pleased Ella is here to keep us informed 😴

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I’m glad it isn’t just me that thinks this. Who even does that? bleeping weirdo narc.

Reactions: 3
Oh to live in a world where every day or meal is:
Amazing.
Total bliss.
Awesome .
Just divine.

🙄

Reactions: 5
I first thought of unfollowing her when she posted on instagram about her birth plan and mentioned hypnobirthing etc. I don't know if this is because I was naive enough to think that if I was healthy, active and had a relatively easy pregnancy I would have an easy birth - and the reality couldn't be further from the truth and my advice for everyone would be to know what you would like to happen but not get too hung up on it as you have NO idea how your labour will go.
I digress - I think her message was incredibly smug - this whole 'this is just what we chose, no disrespect to those who gave birth in the hospital but we just want to be snug at home blah blah'. As if she was somehow suggesting that anyone who gave birth in the hospital, had an assisted birth etc was less of a mother or didn't look into preparing for birth properly.
Anyway. Newsflash Ella, the most important thing is that regardless of where and how the baby is born they and the mother are healthy and well. Also, birth is just the beginning, so good luck on your motherhood journey (though obviously I'm aware she will never admit to anything going wrong. The first few weeks have been magical already :rolleyes: and I'm sure Skye will continue being a perfect baby.
Sorry, I just needed to vent, the smug with her is overwhelming. Also, never acknowledging her privilege and instead spinning this story of starting from a lil' old blog and just trying to share her journey. BS.

Reactions: 11
I first thought of unfollowing her when she posted on instagram about her birth plan and mentioned hypnobirthing etc. I don't know if this is because I was naive enough to think that if I was healthy, active and had a relatively easy pregnancy I would have an easy birth - and the reality couldn't be further from the truth and my advice for everyone would be to know what you would like to happen but not get too hung up on it as you have NO idea how your labour will go.
I digress - I think her message was incredibly smug - this whole 'this is just what we chose, no disrespect to those who gave birth in the hospital but we just want to be snug at home blah blah'. As if she was somehow suggesting that anyone who gave birth in the hospital, had an assisted birth etc was less of a mother or didn't look into preparing for birth properly.
Anyway. Newsflash Ella, the most important thing is that regardless of where and how the baby is born they and the mother are healthy and well. Also, birth is just the beginning, so good luck on your motherhood journey (though obviously I'm aware she will never admit to anything going wrong. The first few weeks have been magical already :rolleyes: and I'm sure Skye will continue being a perfect baby.
Sorry, I just needed to vent, the smug with her is overwhelming. Also, never acknowledging her privilege and instead spinning this story of starting from a lil' old blog and just trying to share her journey. BS.
Well said! She and Rvk_loves are clones. It’s so nauseating.

thanks! I also seriously doubt she eats all the stuff she posts recipes for. One of the recipes on the app was a porridge which must have had about 600cals - I know she's not about counting calories but eating nutritious food etc, but the porridge was 60g of oats, 2 tbsp peanut butter, maple syrup and almond milk. And that was just to cook it! :eek: Once cooked, it was drenched in more maple syrup and more peanut butter.
This is an insane amount of fat (healthy, but still fat) and sugar (don't care it's maple syrup - still SUGAR) - I bet she does not eat stuff like that, more like half this portion!
All her sweets are so expensive to make with insane amounts of SUGAR from medjool dates. She also promotes snacking on medjool dates stuffed or dipped in almond butter - again, this must have sooo many calories! I think people might get an idea that if they make her recipes and eat as she does they will be slender like she is - I seriously doubt this.
I promise I'm not obsessed with her, this stuff was brewing within for several months and I just found an outlet.
I just hope now that she is a mother she will not try to present herself as a parenting expert (*cough, Joe Wicks, cough!)

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I think he's writing the book with someone who has a background in nutrition (or specifically child nutrition - one would hope at least!). He got a lot of flack for posting about Indie being a chilled out baby who was easy to travel with and take to restaurants because they as parents made sure they were chill around her... ummm he obviously doesn't realise that she is just an easy baby but he was super smug about the whole thing. ugh

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Women can't win these days. How dare she share a positive birth story, and share that she hypnobirthed. It's not a guarantee you'll have a pain free easy labour, just a tool to be prepared. Be angry at the crap NHS antenatal classes or how expensive NCT is, not at her for trying something that worked for her. If she had shared she had a horrible birth she'd also be accused of moaning, scaring women and not being grateful enough. I'm not a huge fan, but flipping heck people like to pick women apart.

Also, her nut balls are so expensive and taste horrible. Just to balance my post out!

Reactions: 6
I didn't comment on her birth story though - I'm glad she got the birth she wanted and all went well! I was talking about the post she made before she gave birth when they decided on their plans. It's great that she researched hypnobirthing etc but the general vibe I got from that post this kind of... I dunno demonisation of hospital births? Maybe I took it personally but it just seemed super smug.

Women can't win these days. How dare she share a positive birth story, and share that she hypnobirthed. It's not a guarantee you'll have a pain free easy labour, just a tool to be prepared. Be angry at the crap NHS antenatal classes or how expensive NCT is, not at her for trying something that worked for her. If she had shared she had a horrible birth she'd also be accused of moaning, scaring women and not being grateful enough. I'm not a huge fan, but flipping heck people like to pick women apart.

Also, her nut balls are so expensive and taste horrible. Just to balance my post out!
I agree that people were always going to comment, no matter what she did.

However, speaking for myself, it's not the details of the type of pregnancy / birth / postpartum she is singing about. It's the chronic over sharing of TMI about it all on her FOOD BUSINESS Instagram page. I'm not shouting with my capitals BTW 😅, just emphasising that she has a business Instagram that people follow for food, recipes, and cooking inspiration, not pictures of her half naked wearing an adult nappy.

That's the problem for me and many others who are just there for the food. She could have put all the baby stuff on a blog post and her followers could have chosen to view it if that's something they are interested in, aside from the food.

A food business and adult nappies just don't sit well together side by side imo 🤷‍♀️ and I had to unfollow which I'm disappointed about because I liked her recipes and pictures

I agree that people were always going to comment, no matter what she did.

However, speaking for myself, it's not the details of the type of pregnancy / birth / postpartum she is singing about. It's the chronic over sharing of TMI about it all on her FOOD BUSINESS Instagram page. I'm not shouting with my capitals BTW 😅, just emphasising that she has a business Instagram that people follow for food, recipes, and cooking inspiration, not pictures of her half naked wearing an adult nappy.

That's the problem for me and many others who are just there for the food. She could have put all the baby stuff on a blog post and her followers could have chosen to view it if that's something they are interested in, aside from the food.

A food business and adult nappies just don't sit well together side by side imo 🤷‍♀️ and I had to unfollow which I'm disappointed about because I liked her recipes and pictures
That I agree with. There's a few people I follow for interiors/mental health/fitness stuff who have had a baby and then POW all the content I followed for is gone! Which is a shame as for many it just switches them off.

Camera/freeze/stare in to camera,show food,insert food in to mouth for first bite ,wearing baby-its weird to see 🙈 I think it’s the intense glare.

Reactions: 1
I had one of her deliciously Ella double chocolate cups (it was save 1/3 in Waitrose) and it wasn't very good. Was clearly made with the cheap unhealthy coconut oil and not the raw virgin coconut oil she's insistent on using in recipes. But I guess all morals go out of the window when trying to get a good profit margin eh Ella.

Ot but the freaks of nature puddings are only 50p more (or the same price as her stupidly expensive energy balls) and so much bigger and better (and you get a glass ramakin). Vegan, gf and sweetened with dates / coconut sugar 😉 cherry bakewell was so good and have had the chocolate one before.

Reactions: 3
Camera/freeze/stare in to camera,show food,insert food in to mouth for first bite ,wearing baby-its weird to see 🙈 I think it’s the intense glare.
I'm so freaked out when i see her staring at the camera like that. She seems uncomfortable which results in this weird half smile and stare..

She’s taking it easy because she’s losing her milk supply due to pushing herself too hard.

From the Insta story of the Sainsbury’s trust fund super rich woman to the fans who have to put a shift in to put a roof over the heads of their children.

🙄

Sorry sorry I hate being this person, but I’ve got to weigh in. Agree the staring at the camera stuff is strange, but with the milk supply, her POTS will be causing her issues, if she gets exhausted her nervous system can’t regulate itself like others can, her heart will work harder to pump blood around, making her tire more easily, meaning her milk supply will dip (I’m a fellow sufferer and experience it myself, I couldn’t not comment)

Reactions: 6
Ever since my eyes were opened to the mod/fod saga I have been so much more aware of subtle (or not so) boasting of products on instagram especially other instamums. I’ve started asking a few people if products are gifted. And just want to say DE normally replies to me, but with this comment not so much? I’ll update if she replies. I wouldn’t care if it were gifted or not but just disclose if it is!!!

Attachments

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.