Defunct websites from yesteryear that you miss

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There used to be one called “snackspot.org” where they’d report on the “first sightings” of limited and festive edition sweets and chocolate 🤣 I truly loved it

Also another one called “NTK” - Need to know. Was written in the same ASCII style as Popbitch but I’m sure Charlie Brooker was behind it.

Reactions: 1
Neopets still around?

Also used to go on Gaiaonline. My bastard brother got my account banned though and it was never the same again. He asked for passwords in the forum when I left myself signed in.

Stardoll too!
Neopets is still going, but they’ve fucked it because Flash (which most of the games were using) stopped being supported at the end of 2020 and despite having over 5 years to do something about this, they just ignored it. So there’s like three games that work now. They also had an issue recently with Charity Corner and the Altador cup didn’t work very well either. I dip in and out of my old account sometimes but there’s not a lot to do on the site now.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
I use to love UKParents, must have been late 90s. Helped me so much and i still remember some of the people on there. It could be a bit Mumsnet but it was the first forum i belonged to, on our first home computer in the dining room! Really helped me with my first baby, i didnt feel as alone as i did IRL.

I remember in the early 00's there was JoeCartoon.com that had loads of random gory animation shorts. They looked quite good for the time

Regretsy. All manner of homemade crafts that should never even have been thought of, let alone actually made.

• Haha
Yes I used the MTV chat sites and I also found a good friend through the pen pal section on the MTV music teletext pages. Also C4 had one on their teletext music section "Planet Sound", I think it was called "Zine" and people left their email address and what bands they were into. It does seem so dodgy now 😬
I didn't get a computer at home until 2010 (don't ask) so I missed all the early internet stuff but I was a big fan of Planet Sound!! Used to read it in the mornings before school with The Big Breakfast in the background. I still remember Big Fat Flying Bloke (I think that was his name)!!

Oh, I loved Planet Sound. The Void (viewer's letters) was my fav. Big Fat Flying Bloke was my bleeping hero! 😁
Ahh I got his name right!! Wasn't there also a female sounding name that was quite prolific on there? I can't remember it.

• Heart
iSketch - it was basically an online version of Pictionary and had a really great community! You could make your own custom wordlists and there were lots of amazing artists. It helped me get through my GCSE’s and A Levels, I spent hours de-stressing on there ❤

• Heart
I didn't get a computer at home until 2010 (don't ask) so I missed all the early internet stuff but I was a big fan of Planet Sound!! Used to read it in the mornings before school with The Big Breakfast in the background. I still remember Big Fat Flying Bloke (I think that was his name)!!

Ahh I got his name right!! Wasn't there also a female sounding name that was quite prolific on there? I can't remember it.
Are you thinking of Rebecca Nahid? She was a witch about everyone and everything.

And there was Peter Pinsent who was obsessed with Geri Halliwell 😂

eBaumsworld
Miniclip - there was a game on there called “Boneless Girl” I don’t even know how to describe it but got banned from all the computers at school :ROFLMAO:

& I remember a website that was so strange I can’t for the life of me think of the name but had really weird videos. One was the “badger, badger, badger, badger, badger MUSHROOM MUSHROOM” song.

I miss the early 2000’s:cry::ROFLMAO:
The website might have been Newgrounds or Weeblstuff you’re thinking of! (And they’re both still active!)

I remember watching Weebl’s stuff (badger, magical Trevor, Weebl and Bob) salad fingers, Charlie the Unicorn, the llama llama duck song.. and playing the pandemic game - trying to infect Madagascar before they closed their borders!

Basically my IT lessons in a nutshell! I miss it.

Last edited:
Holy Moly C"nts corner. If people think tattle is bad they should of read some of the entries on there

Reactions: 3
I'm just sitting here minding my own business and had a flashback of Celebdaq, anyone remember that? You would buy (with pretend money) shares in celebs and their stock would go up and down depending on how much press they had. I took it real seriously and would trawl blind gossip sites to try and figure out who might soon be trending!

iSketch - it was basically an online version of Pictionary and had a really great community! You could make your own custom wordlists and there were lots of amazing artists. It helped me get through my GCSE’s and A Levels, I spent hours de-stressing on there ❤
Damn I miss it. Used to report people for writing 😂😂

• Heart