Decluttering challenge

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Trying to streamline my CD (and to a lesser extent DVD) collection. I remember as a teen (showing my age!) when albums were so expensive and were almost a reflection of your personality! I have so many memories attached to music, but a lot of my albums only have 1 or 2 songs I like on them and if I'm honest with myself I'm not going to pop a Nelly Furtado album in my car's cd player anytime soon 🤣
Have managed to cull about a third 😬
There’s a renaissance for physical media atm so it’s probably the best time in recent years to sell a collection. Or on the other hand… you may want to reconsider selling it lol 🫣

Has anyone got cute/fun bank holiday plans? I’m exhausted atm, can’t focus enough to commit to a few bits for the house (shelves, paint samples) so tempted to just have a cosy home day with my toddler.

There’s a renaissance for physical media atm so it’s probably the best time in recent years to sell a collection. Or on the other hand… you may want to reconsider selling it lol 🫣
I've looked on eBay and it's all literally worthless 😂 music magpie have most things for £2/3 and my local charity shops are briming with unwanted CDs. Giving a few away to family ect but think I'll just donate them!

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I recently had my garden shed cleared out - completely - by a 'dump-run' guy. Years of clutter. o_O I know there were probably loads of items I should've rescued but just had a little talk to myself; let's face it, once something goes out to the shed, it rarely ever comes back in.

It's my guess a lot of us on this thread are of the 'I can't get rid of that ... sentimental reasons' brigade. Sometimes it pays to be ruthless and just not think about it too much.

Now it's the house-junk's turn. Be prepared, house-junk! :LOL:

Reactions: 7
I recently had my garden shed cleared out - completely - by a 'dump-run' guy. Years of clutter. o_O I know there were probably loads of items I should've rescued but just had a little talk to myself; let's face it, once something goes out to the shed, it rarely ever comes back in.

It's my guess a lot of us on this thread are of the 'I can't get rid of that ... sentimental reasons' brigade. Sometimes it pays to be ruthless and just not think about it too much.

Now it's the house-junk's turn. Be prepared, house-junk! :LOL:
Exactly! I think I've spent more time dusting my dvd collection over the past 5 years than actually watching them! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I know some of you were tinkering around decluttering wondering if you could possibly find 5 random pieces of crap to throw out. 😉 This just hit my inbox (one of the few I’ve NOT unsubscribed from - yes, you can declutter your email too - should take you less than a minute to unsubscribe from 5 newsletters right now!) - and you could probably put 100 things in the bin before dark.

Reactions: 5