Dawn O'Porter

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Everytime she mentions Patreon on her Instagram, she loses followers according to Socialblade!

Reactions: 6
Did you see the post she made (then swiftly deleted) about being so stoned she passed out on her kid fully clothed?

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Hi dawn, business/patreon slow going??
After Caroline Flack died and Dawn started posting about their friendship her followers went up around 50K extra followers. Looking at her Patreon it looks like she’s had a lot more members sign up so seems like she’s doing well 🤷‍♀️

Did you see the post she made (then swiftly deleted) about being so stoned she passed out on her kid fully clothed?
I’ve seen her post a few times about being stoned! Plus her and Chris love to drink! Normally her kids are at school or childcare so she does seem to be struggling having them at home full time!

Reactions: 3
To be fair I know it’s not quite as wild but I woke up yesterday morning with really minging hair....you know like when you should have washed it the day before and then you leave it and it really is a bit yuk? So anyway, I promised myself I’d wash it yesterday. We then had a fairly normal day (as far as lockdown with 3 kids is normal) but me and the hubby might have had a bit too much to drink last night and guess what I woke up this morning and I was like....erm....wtf happened to my hair? It was clean and silky...and just like....really fresh. I can only conclude that I showered late last night and gave my hair a lovely wash and blow-dry. But I kid you not if it wasn’t for the clean haired evidence I wouldn’t believe it bcos I don’t remember a thing.

I’m laughing bcos that is like THE most boring thing to do when really drunk...but also kinda freaked myself out that I don’t remember doing it at all...like not one teeny tiny memory. I only had a bottle of Prosecco (I know that’s probably quite a lot, but you know what I mean....)

I like Dawn, she’s funny and kinda keeps it real ya know? I’m guessing she fell asleep next to her kid when she went in to check on them late at night or something? So she didn’t make it to her room to get into her PJs? I dunno....like it’s clear that her and Chris like a drink or two (and obvs a smoke) but she doesn’t strike me as a neglectful or dangerous parent. She probs deleted it as she thought that the parenting police would be all over it like a rash, which I kinda empathise with in all honesty.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I used to love Dawn’s Instagram stories and love her books but lately have just found her a bit meh 🤷‍♀️

Maybe it’s me. Still following her for now.

Reactions: 2
I used to love Dawn’s Instagram stories and love her books but lately have just found her a bit meh 🤷‍♀️

Maybe it’s me. Still following her for now.
I think it’s because she’s more into her Patreon page as she makes money from that.

I also think she’s finding it hard to be funny after Caroline Flack’s death and lockdown (because she hasn’t got childcare).

Exactly what she did when she was living in London for 6 months! I’m sure she won’t accept a gifted one though and will pay for it with the money she’s making from Patreon 😜
I would say she could easily afford a mattress! As much as I like her books I’m going off her on insta. Haven’t unfollowed yet but might need to soon :(

I think she spends most of her earnings on alcohol! 😜
Can’t blame her! Still, they aren’t short of a few bob so she shouldn’t be begging for another free mattress.
If she does get one for free she should donate it to the refugee charity she goes on about

Why pay when you can get it for freee?

Should both parents be drinking and smoking weed when they are responsible for minors? Serious question for any parents reading, not a preechy finger wag, i would have thought one needed to be sober just in case something happened. 😮

Bored, so looking for new fiction i was looking at her book reviews but i get the impression they are for teens. I think pateron seems beggy and leaves a bad taste in tje mouth when she and her family are more than comfortable. Chris has a lucrative career, (not HIS money but money for HIS FAMILY) and Dawn has had success on tv, and now has a book deal. That is what she should be living on, amd putting in the family financial pot. Pateron is for those struggling to get paid / get that book deal etc. Being greedy is unappealing, and quite possibly in the long term will do more harm than good.

Reactions: 5

Should both parents be drinking and smoking weed when they are responsible for minors? Serious question for any parents reading, not a preechy finger wag, i would have thought one needed to be sober just in case something happened. 😮

Bored, so looking for new fiction i was looking at her book reviews but i get the impression they are for teens. I think pateron seems beggy and leaves a bad taste in tje mouth when she and her family are more than comfortable. Chris has a lucrative career, (not HIS money but money for HIS FAMILY) and Dawn has had success on tv, and now has a book deal. That is what she should be living on, amd putting in the family financial pot. Pateron is for those struggling to get paid / get that book deal etc. Being greedy is unappealing, and quite possibly in the long term will do more harm than good.
Her book the cows is worth a read, think she did both teen and adult fiction books.
Re the weed and alcohol, I'm surprised she publicises that so much!

Reactions: 1

I’m not a parent but I hate to think if I ever became one I’ll have to give up all fun. If they aren’t getting out of control I don’t see a problem with drinking and smoking personally.

Yes her family are comfortable, but does that mean she should she work for free? Dawn is a writer, not an instamum influencer shilling us crap with sponsored posts. There clearly is an audience that is willing to pay for her content so I think it’s fair play to her 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 8
Cows and So Lucky are adult books. I've read them both but So Lucky was better but I don't actually think she's that good a writer. Very basic. Her plots are predictable.

I’m not a parent but I hate to think if I ever became one I’ll have to give up all fun. If they aren’t getting out of control I don’t see a problem with drinking and smoking personally.

Yes her family are comfortable, but does that mean she should she work for free? Dawn is a writer, not an instamum influencer shilling us crap with sponsored posts. There clearly is an audience that is willing to pay for her content so I think it’s fair play to her 🤷🏻‍♀️
She started off as a TV presenter and wrote a few columns. She only got into writing when Chris became so famous and she lost a lot of her jobs and then probably due to Chris been famous she got offered book deals. Her writing is mediocre but she actually writes articles better than she writes novels.

I don't agree with her Patreon. I follow some actual authors that have them but they don't have publishing deals so it helps pay for their marketing etc when they release a book.

Reactions: 3

She's not working for free. She has a book deal. I feel that is being glossed over.
If she didn't that would be a different conversation.

Yes, her family are MORE than comfortable, they are rich. Yes, she should do some work ( insta, blog) largely for free as it will yeald more in the future. Just good pr. It could generate good will amongst her audience who will then buy her books or online magazines that she's in. Pateron seems greedy and grabby. That's not appealing, it's akin ti the restaurant owner keeping all the staff tips for themselves.

I am of the mindset one parent should always be sober, and, sadly i think fun times of a certain kind do stop when you become a parent. That's one of the many sacrifices people make when they become parents, and why they welcome breaks via friends, family or paid for people do the childcare for a night or two. Imagine if one child needed to go to hospital suddenly and they were not in a fit state to talk to the medical staff?! Have seen plenty of intoxicated people in a&e and even their 'sober-ish' mates aren't much help. 😞

Last edited:
She's not working for free. She has a book deal. I feel that is being glossed over.
If she didn't that would be a different conversation.

I am of the mindset one parent should always be sober, and, sadly i think fun times of a certain kind do stop when you become a parent. That's one of the many sacrifices people make when they become parents, and why they welcome breaks via friends, family or paid for people do the childcare for a night or two. Imagine if one child needed to go to hospital suddenly and they were not in a fit state to talk to the medical staff?! Have seen plenty of intoxicated people in a&e and even their 'sober-ish' mates aren't much help. 😞
I agree. I stopped drinking years ago as couldn't cope looking after my kids when I had a hangover!

Reactions: 4
Cows and So Lucky are adult books. I've read them both but So Lucky was better but I don't actually think she's that good a writer. Very basic. Her plots are predictable
This post has made me feel brave enough to say The Cows is the worst book I've ever ever read. The storylines were ludicrous and it was not the big comment women's relationships with other women it was touted as.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
This post has made me feel brave enough to say The Cows is the worst book I've ever ever read. The storylines were ludicrous and it was not the big comment women's relationships with other women it was touted as.
I’m a member of Netgalley where you receive advanced reader copies to review. You request which books you want and wait to see if you are approved but occasionally you get emails offering you books without requesting them and both The Cows and So Lucky were offered to me that way! That’s some desperate marketing from her publishers!

I was so bored reading The Cow’s! Her plots are so predictable and in So Lucky the male characters weren’t fleshed out enough. I read and review a lot of books and to me, she’s not deserving of a publishing deal in the same way Influencers aren’t deserving.

However, I did used to enjoy her articles but it’s obviously easier to write an article than a novel.

The book deal pays for the book writing no? So the patreon pays for the article writing. I don’t have a problem with women valuing their output.

They are doting parents, try not to worry about the kids. I reckon there’s a nanny anyway.
She doesn’t publish articles anymore as lost all her contracts with magazines.

She writes articles for her patreon of things she used to mention on her Instagram for free.

I don’t think they have a Nanny but they use child care. She has moaned a lot about not having school/child care during lockdown.

Last edited: