Dating someone who thinks they’re on the spectrum

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Even with no autism. A month is very soon to declare ones love and as others have suggested it perhaps raised a red flag for him? He could have very well been hurt or mislead before.

As for dating someone on the spectrum. My ex partner of over 3 years was on the spectrum. It wasn't easy. I was still learning right up until we parted that he expressed most of his emotions in an entirely different way as opposed to what I was initially used to. He too, like another members partner, would not engage in conversations with my family or friends but would have no problem with strangers at a pub for instance. He was very good in bed, but any other physical contact he could barely tolerate he would prefer to show that connection by lounging on the same sofa instead. He has even acted nonchalantly when friends of his have passed on and at times couldn't manage his tantrums. It was a big learning curve for me and if you are somebody who needed their feelings validated so soon in, in such a way, I wouldn't advise it.

Reactions: 1