Dating after lockdown #36 Have you dated a man? You may be entitled to compensation.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi again all. I’m after some advice please. I’ve completely stepped back from all dating apps because I just can’t even muster up the energy to have such blah conversations anymore and it was feeling more and more impossible to actually like anyone enough to try and chat with. Anyway, my friend has a private tutor for her son and both of them kept saying shall we set you up with let’s call him Dave (he is definitely not Dave). I initially declined because he typically isnt my type physically but they kept saying they think he’s very much my type personality wise and how kind he is etc and that is RARE. Anyway, she kinda hinted to him about setting him up which he said bits to but nothing has come off it. I then said ok I’ll give a chat a go because I’m quite good at self sabotage and if my best friend thinks he could be a match then there’s something to trust. She’s not actually done anything about getting us to chat. Now she’s found out he’s younger than she thought. She thought 30 but he’s actually 26 this year. I’m 36 this year…how young is too young? For context I also have a nearly 17 year old. Everything he says and how he acts it’s not that typical 26 year old behaviour. He seems an old soul but he’s still 26. Since she found this out she’s definitely pulled back in trying to make it a match because she thinks it’s a bit icky (her husband is 5 years younger than her). Do I give up? Do I message him and ‘joke’ about the set up as an introduction? Or do I just finally accept I’m going to be single forever?
Personally, I think an age gap that was equal between my child and the man (10 years) & between the man and me (10 years) would be too much of an ickfor me.

Your language is speaking volumes here. "Do I finally accept I'm going to be single forever" your choices aren't this man or nobody else for the rest of your life, and you can't go into dating him (or anyone) with that thought process.

You deserve someone who you are attracted to, and want to date because you like them, not because you're scared there's nobody else left.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hi again all. I’m after some advice please. I’ve completely stepped back from all dating apps because I just can’t even muster up the energy to have such blah conversations anymore and it was feeling more and more impossible to actually like anyone enough to try and chat with. Anyway, my friend has a private tutor for her son and both of them kept saying shall we set you up with let’s call him Dave (he is definitely not Dave). I initially declined because he typically isnt my type physically but they kept saying they think he’s very much my type personality wise and how kind he is etc and that is RARE. Anyway, she kinda hinted to him about setting him up which he said bits to but nothing has come off it. I then said ok I’ll give a chat a go because I’m quite good at self sabotage and if my best friend thinks he could be a match then there’s something to trust. She’s not actually done anything about getting us to chat. Now she’s found out he’s younger than she thought. She thought 30 but he’s actually 26 this year. I’m 36 this year…how young is too young? For context I also have a nearly 17 year old. Everything he says and how he acts it’s not that typical 26 year old behaviour. He seems an old soul but he’s still 26. Since she found this out she’s definitely pulled back in trying to make it a match because she thinks it’s a bit icky (her husband is 5 years younger than her). Do I give up? Do I message him and ‘joke’ about the set up as an introduction? Or do I just finally accept I’m going to be single forever?
Neither.

You said that he was not your type initially, but you would trust your friend's judgement, now your friend does not seem to think anymore that it would be a great match ebtween you two (whether it is due to to the age difference or something else) so why wouldn't you also trust her judgment now?
I would let it go and keep living my life, without thinking of being single forever, as this person is not the last man on earth.

• Heart
Reactions: 3