Danielle Vanier

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She has fibromyalgia which means living in constant pain the majority of the time. Losing weight is probably pretty hard and not on the forefront of her mind, simple tasks such as having the energy to cook and buy fresh food from the shops and complete forms of excercise is id imagine pretty labouring. Fibromyalgia is one of the most painful conditions to live with with no cure, even if she was 4 stone lighter she would still feel like tit everyday.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
It’s counter everything she tries to encompass into her messaging for fat folk to have all and any health concerns lost in weight chat.

Curves and Curls has been talking about finally getting the attention she needs for some gynae issues, being pitifully grateful she’s been treated like normal, grown up with health worries. It’d break your heart (if you’re not fatphobic nor have internalised fat phobia).

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Strange isn’t it that so many things are a no go and cannot be commented on , but it’s it’s still very acceptable to many people to comment on someone’s weight who they have never even met and apply her weight to any health issues. Some issues will no doubt be helped by a healthier lifestyle but not everything is weight related. Dani sounds like she has suffered for a long time with her fibromyalgia and her monthly cycle. Can’t be any fun for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Yes it’s wild how acceptable it is to speculate about someone else’s health like that.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Yes it’s wild how acceptable it is to speculate about someone else’s health like that.
Whilst completely unqualified to boot. My consultant - a literal surgeon - wouldn’t even check a lump over a FaceTime call she insisted on seeing it IRL, plus sized influencers are so lucky they’ve got a panel of experts to hand to diagnose & treat them 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
From the Arthritis Foundation (for ex)
"Fibromyalgia hurts more when you’re overweight. Having too much body fat and too little muscle also increases fatigue and worsens many other symptoms. Studies show that losing weight and exercising help dial down the pain while improving daily function."
Plus, despite the pain, it's very recommended to exercise 2 or 3 times a week, slow and regular exercise according to each one possibilities of course,. Apparently DV doesn't. Seems like she's driven everywhere for a start and only swims in her parent's pool occasionally.
I am fat and I guess most of the plus size followers are fat too. I don't hate myself or the fat people in general, on the contrary.
I am quite happy although I'd be happy to drop a little weight for comfort right now. Fat comes in all different kind of bodies, shapes, sizes...
Fatphobia exists even in the medical field but still, there are (medical) truths you can't deny. It's not prejudice but simple facts.

Reactions: 7
As someone with a chronic illness let me tell you, do not pass comment unless you’ve first hand experience.

Reactions: 11
(I’m not fat but I am not especially highstreet shaped - massive bangers, the plus size world provides me with great ideas for fashion. In any event I’ve listened and learnt and I’m an ally and I am not commenting on weight and health - no one needs that from Jo Fuckin’ Public).

• Heart
Reactions: 7
From the Arthritis Foundation (for ex)
"Fibromyalgia hurts more when you’re overweight. Having too much body fat and too little muscle also increases fatigue and worsens many other symptoms. Studies show that losing weight and exercising help dial down the pain while improving daily function."
Plus, despite the pain, it's very recommended to exercise 2 or 3 times a week, slow and regular exercise according to each one possibilities of course,. Apparently DV doesn't. Seems like she's driven everywhere for a start and only swims in her parent's pool occasionally.
I am fat and I guess most of the plus size followers are fat too. I don't hate myself or the fat people in general, on the contrary.
I am quite happy although I'd be happy to drop a little weight for comfort right now. Fat comes in all different kind of bodies, shapes, sizes...
Fatphobia exists even in the medical field but still, there are (medical) truths you can't deny. It's not prejudice but simple facts.
"despite the pain" easier said than done.

I have Crohn's disease and understand how bleeping tit it is to deal with a crohnic illness, the last thing you're concerned about is how your weight may fluctuate, you just wake up hoping that you won't feel like tit or maybe you won't get hospitalised this month.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
"despite the pain" easier said than done.

I have Crohn's disease and understand how bleeping tit it is to deal with a crohnic illness, the last thing you're concerned about is how your weight may fluctuate, you just wake up hoping that you won't feel like tit or maybe you won't get hospitalised this month.
Oh I know :( and chronic illnesses are not all the same btw. But the exercise in case of fibromyalgia is not in order to lose weight actually. It helps prevent functional disability and ease the pain too.

Reactions: 1
How lucky dani is that she doesn’t have an actual 9-5 job and very wealthy parents! I imagine all people with fibromyalgia aren’t as lucky

• Heart
Reactions: 11
It’s counter everything she tries to encompass into her messaging for fat folk to have all and any health concerns lost in weight chat.

Curves and Curls has been talking about finally getting the attention she needs for some gynae issues, being pitifully grateful she’s been treated like normal, grown up with health worries. It’d break your heart (if you’re not fatphobic nor have internalised fat phobia).
Oh that’s so awful.
I went to see a Dr last week in a clinic near my place, was fully expecting that despite me being there for something completely unrelated to my weight that it would be be mentioned. Wasn’t brought up once and it really was lovely ! I’m moving soon and it’s in a public clinic for people with lower incomes so I wouldn’t take a permanent place from someone else who really needs it. (I don’t live in the Uk so our system is slightly different!) but I would love to have that Dr treat me cos he was focused on the actual issue in hand rather than immediately jumping to blaming it on my weight.

Reactions: 2
I totally get that people feel being overweight stops them getting the correct diagnosis in chronic illness but that’s the point I’m trying to make , if being fat stops you being able to get diagnosed and treated properly why continue with it ? Its the single best thing you can do for your health .
It’s different if people don’t have health or energy to do so but a lot of these plus size bloggers are actively refusing to lose weight as a lifestyle choice.

It’s like someone smoking 100 cigarettes a day going to see the doctor about being short of breath it might not be the cause but to a doctor the likelihood it is and until you stop the smoking they don’t know .
Also misogynism in healthcare is a very real thing and women in general have issues with disease diagnosis . This isn’t an ‘ unqualified’ view either by the way .

• Heart
I totally get that people feel being overweight stops them getting the correct diagnosis in chronic illness but that’s the point I’m trying to make , if being fat stops you being able to get diagnosed and treated properly why continue with it ? Its the single best thing you can do for your health .
It’s different if people don’t have health or energy to do so but a lot of these plus size bloggers are actively refusing to lose weight as a lifestyle choice.

It’s like someone smoking 100 cigarettes a day going to see the doctor about being short of breath it might not be the cause but to a doctor the likelihood it is and until you stop the smoking they don’t know .
Also misogynism in healthcare is a very real thing and women in general have issues with disease diagnosis . This isn’t an ‘ unqualified’ view either by the way .
If only it was that easy.
I’ve lost weight before. A lot of weight. Being on a diet gave me an eating disorder. I cant count the number of people I know who like me have been smaller but mentally very unwell. My metabolism is absolute fucked now from starting diets at the age of 16, I’m about 4 stone heavier than I was when I started. Every time I’ve lost weight, the second I’ve eased off tracking every single thing I put in my mouth and enjoyed a meal with my friends, I’ve gained weight. Basically unless I’m miserable and obsessive, taking laxatives the day before weighing myself and punishing myself for doing normal things like having a slice of cake on my own birthday then I’m fat. But I’m not sitting around eating multipacks of crisps, it’s just not as easy as deciding not to be fat.
And my best Dr agrees, there is no one size fits all solution and very few methods that work long term for more than a small percentage of people.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
That’s fine people can stay at whatever weight they want to but my original point was a lot of issues to do with pain can be stopped by looking after yourself and being very overweight isn’t completely harmless like a lot of these bloggers make out. there’s 3-4 I follow and every single one is moaning about back pain or muscle pain at some point , is that fatphobic 🤷‍♀️ Maybe .. it’s also the truth . I do like the outfit ideas to be honest it’s great to see stuff not just on slim bodies but I’m not buying that these people are in optimum health .

Reactions: 4
It's a quandary huh ?! For some their livelihoods revolve around them staying a certain size, but surely when it comes to your health you would choose that over an Instagram existence surely?

I saw Poppy Adam's was called out for her recent weight loss surgery, which she has stated she did for health reasons, happy to have cashed in on being plus size but has now tit all over the people that bought into her being happy bigger etc ...the fear is people do get really angry with them when they make big changes like weight loss but ultimately your health is your wealth and should always be a priority.

Reactions: 3
It's a quandary huh ?! For some their livelihoods revolve around them staying a certain size, but surely when it comes to your health you would choose that over an Instagram existence surely?

I saw Poppy Adam's was called out for her recent weight loss surgery, which she has stated she did for health reasons, happy to have cashed in on being plus size but has now tit all over the people that bought into her being happy bigger etc ...the fear is people do get really angry with them when they make big changes like weight loss but ultimately your health is your wealth and should always be a priority.
Yes I’ve noticed the whole body positive movement although initially positive can be a bit toxic and a lot of people who made success as bigger would lose followers if they sorted out their health .

Reactions: 5
And as we all know huge followings means bigger prizes ! And soo many of them ..Callie Thorpe for example...have become addicted to the freebie lifestyle !

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.