Danielle Vanier

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But that was all his hard work not DVs! She needs to learn to stand on her own two feet and stop sponging off them constantly....the assumption being that is what she does !
I agree. Has she ever really worked? First years I think but since then.
On the other hand, if parents "help" her, it's because they are willing to do so

Reactions: 1
I agree. Has she ever really worked? First years I think but since then.
On the other hand, if parents "help" her, it's because they are willing to do so
She's mid 30s ? At what point do you stop relying on bank of mum and dad to bail you out ? I understand she has some underlying medical issues but I also think she could help herself more...

Reactions: 6
It is my absolute least favourite thing in the world when people say “my parents worked really hard for their vast wealth” (paraphrasing... humour me) - such a Tory, bootstrap mentality.

a) like really, I’m pleased for them, and for the kids inheriting it, but can we refrain from letting this go unspoken? I really feel that people who can fanny around all day as influencers should be up front that they got there because they were in the unique position to ride the blogger wave of the late naughties by having internet access, a good camera and money for these clothing hauls

and b) some of my friends have said things like “oh my parents started in a two up two down and they’ve just worked super hard to get here” and I feel like saying, so my single mum who worked full time and had to remortgage to pay off my absent father’s gambling debt didn’t work hard enough and that’s why she hasn’t paid off her mortgage two decades later, while your parents are younger and already retired?

I dunno it’s so insidious, and I can just imagine people without a deeply cynical or mature worldview being sucked into this and getting into debt over fripperies because nobody is being honest that they’re independently wealthy via bank of mum and dad.

Anyway, dolphin teeth and mortifying patois episodes notwithstanding I’d be delighted to go out with DV if it meant a slice of that Tuscan pie haha.
Harderfaster please write a book / start a podcast so I have somewhere healthy to channel my stanship. Everything you write is 10/10 so spot on

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.