Dangerous Dog Breeds #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Daniella smashing all the stereotypes of an XL bully owner šŸ’ŖšŸ»

IMG_5966.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
Just seen a post on a local neighbourhood group that 2 XL Bullyā€™s have ā€œescapedā€ a garden because her son opened a patio door and the fence have blown down (in a comment further down the owner was moaning the council hadnā€™t fixed them so this isnā€™t a new thing). If I look out the window and see them, Iā€™d be ringing the police/ dog warden in the hope that would be 2 less of the creatures about

Had an encounter with one the other week- I was waiting for a taxi and sheltering from the rain in a church yard. I could see a chav being dragged up the road and thought to myself I bet heā€™s got an XL bully and itā€™ll have no muzzle on either. Yep I was right, the dog dragged him into the church yard, it was sniffing a bush about ten foot away from me and I made a swift exit to wait for my taxi across the road in the rain šŸ™„

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I canā€™t believe the judge in this case. The CPS applied for a destruction order but the judge spared the dog claiming heā€™s not a danger to the public.

Maybe it was just a freak out of character incident but isnā€™t the point proven that the dog is capable of such a dangerous attack? It shouldnā€™t matter what the cause was. How will the judge live with himself if it happens to a child next time?

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
the biggest we problems we have now are:

1. it's become even "cooler" to own one to the wrong people who don't have good intentions or the want to correctly rehabilitate these dogs.
2. in a mad rush to get rid of them, some people have sold the dogs ridiculously cheap into the wrong hands of uneducated chavs.

as a country, we always manage to mess these things up.

• Sad
Spotted someone suggesting the person wanting to rehome an XXL Bully to say the dog is a different breed - I donā€™t have words for how stupid this is

IMG_7678.jpeg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
the biggest we problems we have now are:

1. it's become even "cooler" to own one to the wrong people who don't have good intentions or the want to correctly rehabilitate these dogs.
2. in a mad rush to get rid of them, some people have sold the dogs ridiculously cheap into the wrong hands of uneducated chavs.

as a country, we always manage to mess these things up.
Yep, we pansy about for fear of offending some group or other every time, and in doing so, make the problem worse or just fail to actually act at all.

Best thing would be a destroy order on all of these dogs. No muzzle tit, no bleeping about. Gone. Make owning one afterb a certain date a criminal offence, massive fines, prison time, kids removed from household, eviction from social housing, whatever.

Shut down the supply AND the demand. Only way.

Reactions: 11
I donā€™t think a dog should start growling at you simply because you look at it.

Ahey want to ā€œplayā€ with cats do they? Now, I wonder how that might go. šŸ¤”

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
I donā€™t think a dog should start growling at you simply because you look at it.

Ahey want to ā€œplayā€ with cats do they? Now, I wonder how that might go. šŸ¤”

This idiot is exactly why owning a dog should require a licence. I wouldn't give her control of the television never mind two animals capable of killing someone.

She's openly admitted both her dogs regularly go for various things (people and animals) and the only thing stopping them is her being able to hold them. So what if her dogs escape? Or she loses control?

She'll be on social media giving it "oh my god guys I cannot believe it my dogs are angels they would never ever hurt a fly I cannot believe this has happened".

Morons. Morons everywhere.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
This idiot is exactly why owning a dog should require a licence. I wouldn't give her control of the television never mind two animals capable of killing someone.

She's openly admitted both her dogs regularly go for various things (people and animals) and the only thing stopping them is her being able to hold them. So what if her dogs escape? Or she loses control?

She'll be on social media giving it "oh my god guys I cannot believe it my dogs are angels they would never ever hurt a fly I cannot believe this has happened".

Morons. Morons everywhere.
This woman is thick as pig tit..... I honestly believe one day one of those dogs will attack her.

Reactions: 18
Interesting read on this website: https://www.dogsbite.org/dangerous-dogs-pit-bull-owners.php#liontamer.

"A behavioral trait not addressed in the Tufts study has been dubbed the "Lion Tamer Complex." Many pit bull owners believe they are superior dog owners and through this superiority can control their "game bred" pit bull by teaching discipline and love. While not all pit bulls are inherently vicious, their genetic history cannot be "loved" out of them either. As demonstrated by numerous press reports of pit bulls attacking their owners, this complex has serious and deadly ramifications. "

Well worth a read.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Many pit bull owners believe they are superior dog owners
Ah, the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

The Dunningā€“Kruger effect is defined as the tendency of people with low ability in a specific area to give overly positive assessments of this ability.

I would suspect given the state of the individuals featured in this thread, that the low ability isn't confined to the area of dog ownership. I would say there's evidence that said low ability extends to the areas of spelling, grammar, dressing themselves and thinking.

• Heart
I think this woman has some deep rooted issues. I generally donā€™t mind people calling their dogs and pets as ā€˜fur babiesā€™ if thatā€™s as far as it goes, just a bit of fun to acknowledge our furry friends who are part of the family. But Daniella seems to actually consider them like children, Iā€™ve seen her put kids tv on for them. And this post is probably the worst Iā€™ve seen so far.

If there is some underlying grief about not having her own actual (human!) children then itā€™s very sad, but this is not normal to talk about your dogs this way.

IMG_6170.jpeg

Reactions: 2
I think this woman has some deep rooted issues. I generally donā€™t mind people calling their dogs and pets as ā€˜fur babiesā€™ if thatā€™s as far as it goes, just a bit of fun to acknowledge our furry friends who are part of the family. But Daniella seems to actually consider them like children, Iā€™ve seen her put kids tv on for them. And this post is probably the worst Iā€™ve seen so far.

If there is some underlying grief about not having her own actual (human!) children then itā€™s very sad, but this is not normal to talk about your dogs this way.

View attachment 2835593
I think the kids TV is weirder than this post. I think this is a pretty normal thing as a lot of people feel bad leaving their dogs home alone.
I think it's one of the best skills to teach a dog though as you never know when they might have to be left alone e.g. a family member in hospital.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.