Daily Anti-Procrastination Accountability Thread

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Something in the water this week, or something about mercury retrograde maybe? Crap week here too, my loop excision on Friday had me showing up to A&E 6 hours later and I'd not felt bothered to do anything all week so my weekend wiping out more or less wasn't quite what I needed. It's been easier to focus on feeling bad about not doing my to do list than getting anxious about the medical stuff.

-try to get back to the gym, look at possible PTs to get me motivated and feeling confident about going in there again after so long! (this one is probably going to be a recurring feature, my favourite thing to procrastinate is exercise but I did a hike on holiday and it highlighted my total lack of athletic ability and I'd like to not do that in front of someone I'm attracted to again lol) ❌ I didn't even think about it lol
-find a screen protector around the flat and sort my phone ✅
-get organised with medication requests ✅
-do a meal plan ❌
-book trains for a London work trip week after next ❌
-buy paint and caulk for redoing bathroom skirting boards/door/walls maybe & grout cleaning ✅
-start mapping out bathroom vinyl tile placements/how they fit around the loo ❌
-clear top of my wardrobe ❌
-buy new cosy pyjamas in the sales ❌
-nails infill and try and book a mega hair keratin appointment ✅
-see when botox availability is back ❌
-prep for a possible cell removal on Friday (get your smears ladies!) ✅
-work out what paperwork I need from my nan to get an Irish passport/dual nationality ✅ holy crap there's so much to it
-sort trip with friend since we both procrastinated too much to get an affordable spa trip sorted lol ✅ my friend did this but I'll take credit since I'm anonymous here lol

This week I'm gonna try and take it easier so just a few things I'd like to tick off. I need to be kinder to myself all round.

-book trains for work trip when they are available given the strike stuff
-pack for work trip
-buy more leggings
-mega hair appt
-call hospital and check I don't need to go back in
-have someone come and replace the fan in my bathroom
-pay tax for self employment stuff last year
-maybe buy a fancy drip coffee machine as a treat
-maybe do the grout cleaning in bathroom

Hopefully things feel better for all of us this next week! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
  • Do 2 more TT documents at work ✔
  • Do all of the EB documents at work ❌ nah, just the most important two - I think I've got like 7 to do?
  • Stay on top of the house stuff ✔ Smashed this yesterday after a crappy start
  • Have a go at UFYH ❌ Total failure, will keep trying
  • Keep walking ✔
  • Stop procrastinating and have a serious go at sorting out my home desk ❌ lol, haven't touched it 🤣
  • IMPORTANT: Book the car in at the garage - stop procrastinating!!! I'm sort of scared of this.✔✔✔ Absolutely did! £245, ffs. Oh well, it's done.
  • Get a haircut. ✔✔ Yessss, it's great, I got a tenner off and I feel a little bit unshit 👍👍

This is it, the busiest week of my professional year, and there's a lot riding on my performance this time.

All I want to do is:
  • Not let the house go to tit
  • Create EB work documents as far in advance as is possible - probably just the day before they're needed, lbr
  • Keep on top of the walking and stay on the wagon in general.

A week to keep my head above water, really.

Anti-Procrastination Storytime:
Something I got around to which I'd been putting off was trying on the binliner of clothes I'd stuffed into the bottom of my wardrobe in a fit of pique about 11kg/ 25lbs ago. I'm delighted to report that almost all of it has returned to hangers in the wardrobe and I've got a few more cute bits of clothing to choose from.
Moral of the story: I'm really glad I kicked myself up the arse to get that done - it was worth it for my wardrobe, and a nice little self-esteem boost too.
Thanks, me!

What nice favour will you do yourself this week?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
What an amazing lift for your week! And ah I absolutely love the idea of the above because it kind of captures the reason I’d love to procrastinate less- being kind to myself definitely looks like not letting things pile up and overwhelm me when it’s inconvenient.
This question is going on a little whiteboard on my fridge ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I love this too 😊 I definitely need to try it next week.
Awful failure again this week 😢
So much of my time is spent getting stuff done and agreeing to last minute favours for others, when I’m home I have absolutely no motivation whatsoever to do anything other than the basic washing, cooking, shopping etc,,
I’ve also realised that I’m using this place as an escape/de-stresser, which is great but not great, because I’m basically procrastinating in a major way by being on here!
Next week I need to limit myself to maybe a half hour catch up before bed.
Need to also have a major clothes sort out and reorganisation of the spare room.
I’m not even going to bother listing any more things because I’m just setting myself up to fail at the moment!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Totally agree that tattle can be an amazing/awful time drain!
My week was definitely better than last, hopefully not just a one off but I'm away with work Sunday afternoon - Thursday afternoon so not gonna get too much done.

-start mapping out bathroom vinyl tile placements/how they fit around the loo ❌
-clear top of my wardrobe ✅
-book trains for work trip when they are available given the strike stuff ✅
-pack for work trip✅
-buy more leggings✅
-mega hair appt✅
-call hospital and check I don't need to go back in✅feel like I've got appointments all the time lately
-have someone come and replace the fan in my bathroom ✅
-pay tax for self employment stuff last year✅
-maybe buy a fancy drip coffee machine as a treat ❌ moving to next week for hopefully sale prices
-maybe do the grout cleaning in bathroom✅done a good clean, going to get grout reviver done next week though

Next weeks (mostly next weekend) plans:
-buy fancy bean to cup coffee machine - hopefully gets discounting on prime sale days
-work out what beans to get
-buy a new shower head and swap current one out
-do grout reviving
-do 2 coats of paint in bathroom
-maybe start flooring change
-do a huge food/laundry/etc shop and prep keto snacks

Hope everyone had and has a great week!

• Heart
I feel like I’m falling apart at the seams - so much stressy stuff going on and I think I’m coming down with something just to add to all the crap 😔
To try and preserve a little corner of sanity and discipline, for the rest of this week I’ll:
Limit time on here and on web surfing
Do a half hour “job” each night on top of the usual cooking, washing etc.,
Half hour to go for a walk each day/evening
Not give in to the temptation to eat crap while stressed (inhaled half a packet of Jaffa cakes last night rather than murdering OH 🙀)
@oksobasically Did you find a coffee machine? I’d love one of those :)

• Heart
@oksobasically Did you find a coffee machine? I’d love one of those :)
I grabbed a fancy bean to cup one in the Amazon prime sale this week with 28% off! I went with a Cuisinart Grind & Brew Plus with a burr grinder and a thermal jug so I only need to brew once and it’ll do all morning, still came to £150 but a friend of mine that’s a real coffee snob has had a version of it for about a decade so it feels like an investment!

I hope your week is going better than you’d been expecting and you’ve not ended up under the weather on top of it all!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
If I don't do this today I'll forget and it really does help me to have accountability here!
Tbh I think I'm getting lots more things done than usual lately because I'm trying to avoid thinking about things that have been playing on my mind, anxiety is such a motivator 😅

-buy fancy bean to cup coffee machine - hopefully gets discounting on prime sale days ✅
-work out what beans to get ✅
-buy a new shower head and swap current one out ✅arriving today, will swap next week
-do grout reviving ❌ went with painting first as I was in London for work til late Thursday and since any diy tends to mean an out of action shower for 24 hours this hasn't fit in yet. next week might be good for it
-do 2 coats of paint in bathroom ✅
-maybe start flooring change ❌ too big of a task by myself given how the old stuff is when I had a peek- doing next week hopefully
-do a huge food/laundry/etc shop and prep keto snacks ✅ yes but not keto

Next week's list:
-do grout reviving in shower
-change bathroom flooring
-weds-sat entertain my visiting best friend 💃💃
-finish book on adhd for adults
-sort car insurance renewal
-see if I need to book my MOT already
-buy xmas presents that I've decided on
-book in flu jab?
-pick a stretching routine back up, my back is not loving my DIY and then no movement the rest of the day split
-finish 1 work project and summarise working plan/process map for next one for my manager

• Heart
Just screaming into the void here:

I'm back on the wagon today! No more flailing around being ineffective and lazy and sad!

Anyone else attempting a fresh start this week?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Whatever the moon/planets have been up to lately I'm going to need them to stop asap. I'm going to try and get back to doing stuff this week, just keeping my list small in case everything just continues to be too hard to start/complete/care about ha - hoping that putting it somewhere public makes it easier to do something

-get covid/flu walk in jabs
-do grout reviving in shower
-book mot & botox
-find a basket or something to store loo rolls that looks nice

Sending so many positive thoughts that you are all doing well! 💗

• Heart
I am procrastinating to the max, in that completely-paralysed, depressed way you might be familiar with...?
I've got zero energy, everything is a huge ordeal and I'm exhausted before I've started 😭
Someone give me a kick up the arse??

• Heart
There does feel as though there is something in the air doesn’t there? I’ve been awol from here for a few weeks and just catching up! It’s taking me ages!

Finally washed ALL the bedding! 😂👍🏼 ✅

Is everyone organised for Christmas? I don’t have loads to do or buy for. I got a Christmas planner from Home Bargains for 99p which I’m going to use alongside my notes on my phone. I am extreme in that I can be organised and then last minute. I’ve promised myself that I’m not going to get stressed over Christmas this year and chill - will update you all!

Hope everyone is well and that you have a fabulous week 🥰💜👍🏼