Daily Anti-Procrastination Accountability Thread

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This week for me :
-finish my website if support gets the navigation/header fixed ✅✅✅ Three ticks because support didn't get back to me and I fixed everything myself though no idea how so hopefully it just stays fine 🙃
-finish 2nd blog for launch ❌ nope but oh well
-find spa spot for a good price around Manchester/NW in Oct ✅ Thinking Titanic Spa in Yorkshire (also not proper north lol)
-choose bathroom vinyl from samples and order for full flooring ✅ Chosen but buying next Friday because there's a sale starting
-transfer under bed bits to vac seal bags ✅
-deep clean under bed storage ✅ The clean and lush home thread on here has got me sorting through so much stuff the past few weeks!
-trip to the tip ❌ more to come so doing a bigger trip when I'm back from hol
-get nails done ✅
-try out tan-luxe for face (pray for my pale self to not glow orange!) ✅ amazing how things like a tan and fresh nails can lift me
-finish big work project ❌ I'm buzzing about so many ticks this week because I spent the whole thing feeling like a failure because of this work project that has turned into a runaway train that I'm not keeping up with. Thinking about work on a sunday night is actually making me feel sick 😅
-find an excuse to go and try Gooey cafe ✅ if anyone is near Manchester I'd highly highly recommend!! It's where the Cat Cafe used to be and so good!

It's so lovely to see week by week that things are being done when I've hit such a huge wall with work that's got me feeling really down and not like myself. I go on holiday on Friday and I'm not packed and barely excited because of the hectic run up.

In saying that, this week I'm going to:
-publish blog and launch site tomorrow
-pack for New York
-get some dollars from somewhere
-holiday beauty prep!
-make sure I've done all the docs for travel (and have someone else check I've not missed anything where my head is busy)
-order bathroom floor vinyl tiles
-clear out the fridge
-clear the top of my wardrobe now I've under bed storage space
-finish horrible work project or hand it over to my manager as close to done as possible
-put an out of office on and remove slack from my phone
-watch Selling the OC

Hope everyone's had and heading for great weeks!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
  • Finish that furniture - I might even be able to get this done tomorrow afternoon!! ✔ YESSSSSSS at lassst!!!
  • Tidy up the aftermath of the furniture repair and sanding and everything, ugh. ✔ I'm terrible at this part of a project and it's honestly this thread that held me accountable 🖤
  • Actually sort out my floordrobe/ chairdrobe ✔ I'm going to call this done, just about. I've done a tonne of washing today, so that all wants put away now
  • I HAVE TO do a bit of work tonight - it has to be done for tomorrow and I've accidentally been putting this off by forgetting it. ✔ Bashed this out and ran my training session at work like an absolute beast 💪
  • in addition to my daily morning walks, I need to get in a longer one this week - either on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, and use the time waiting for kid to get out of her club tomorrow to walk too. ✔✔✔ Did my daily walks except Friday when I was bone tired so slept the extra couple of hours but only on the condition that I doubled that later on. I quadrupled it later. Even though I really didn't want to. I also dragged myself out for a walk while kid was at club even though I cba AT ALL and it rained. Again, the thought of this thread kept me going.
  • Get some stuff listed on ebay ❌ I put this on the list pretty certain that I wouldn't get it done, and I didn't. 🙄
As discussed earlier in the thread, the prospect of visitors yesterday really motivated me to get a grip on my housework situation - I hate that I can't do it for myself and my own pleasure in my home, but I'll slog my guts out for people who don't even care.

Next week's plans:
  • List stuff on ebay
  • Get all that washing put away
  • Get SH work project sewn up and dealt with
  • Keep the house looking good - little and often!
  • Get at least 10.5 pages of UFYH read
  • Walking: minimum 5x morning walks, 1x longer walk, walk during Kid Club
Still not convinced I'll get the ebay job done, but maybe I'll surprise myself!

• Heart
Given that I’m busily procrastinating on here when I should be getting ready for work, can I join you please?!
This week I need to : -
Spend an hour each day decluttering and reorganising the spare room and my wardrobes
Plan and shop for a family lunch I’m doing at the weekend
Get on top of the ironing pile
Organise and sort a filing system for some admin work I have going on at home
Get an hours walking in each day
Drastically reduce the time I spend looking at my phone!

• Heart
Why is eBay listing so hard to do?! I’ve not done it for a while but when it’s on my to do list it will sit there for a solid 6/9 months before I even look at taking photos. Will be so impressed if you get your eBay bits listed in the first month it’s in your head to do @Some People! 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hi!! I’ll be parking myself here. I’ve been so lazy recently and putting off the smallest, basic tasks 😭 if I make a list, I’ll check back in soon to see what I’ve got done 🙂 I’m also nosy and love seeing what other people are getting up to 😂 thank you for having me x

• Collect medication and attend nurse appointment to administer
• Design wedding cake and submit to cake lady and book
• Reply to friend about Maldives accommodation
• Add certificates to portfolio
• Ship depop item
• Drop heels off at cobblers
• Look on Etsy for an E-Invite to design for family abroad for the wedding

• Heart
Why is eBay listing so hard to do?! I’ve not done it for a while but when it’s on my to do list it will sit there for a solid 6/9 months before I even look at taking photos. Will be so impressed if you get your eBay bits listed in the first month it’s in your head to do @Some People! 😂
Honestly, it's such a chore!
It starts out like tedious admin when you create the listing, becomes mildly interesting while the listing is live, then becomes both tedious-admin *and* tense-errand when you post the thing and hope the buyer isn't a head at the end of it all!!

For transparencies sake: this stuff has been sat in a "to ebay" pile since pre-covid, probably. Sometimes I end up trading what the stuff might have been worth on ebay for having the space in my house back, and just drop it off at the charity shop 🙄

• Heart
- ring up company about something Left it so long it sorted itself out lol!
- eBay listings - more than 3
- repot 3 succulents Ended up repotting ALL my succulents, incl. about 60 babies
- manicure Done, now removed so have to start again
- make pizza bases
- make pizza sauce
- clean bathroom
- work on future wage project(s)
- go through bank and credit card statements
- finish small cross stitch project
- laundry
- put clothes away
- varnish a plant pot I decorated a while ago
- take up a dress hem
- organise a cupboard

This week;

- eBay listings - I've sold a few things so feeling more encouraged
- manicure
- pedicure
- make pizza bases
- make pizza sauce
- make batch of pasta sauce
- clean bathroom
- work on future wage project(s)
- laundry
- put clothes away
- take up a dress hem
- go through a cupboard to find things to sell / donate to jumble sale
- start bedroom deep clean ready for Autumn/Winter
- keep eye on chilli plants and harvest and freeze any red ones!
- complete and enter all my puzzle Comps before deadlines

Not going to list too much this week.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Really good to hear medication and coping mechanisms are helping! Can you let me know the coping mechanisms and strategies with regards to ADHD please?

Love the idea of this thread!!
My favourite way to procrastinate is with writing out lists of what I need to do. I set up a Trello board and I think my main list view has maybe 11 separate lists cos separating them by type of to do list was a better use of my time than actually completing any of them.

I recently got diagnosed with ADHD and my medication and new coping mechanisms are definitely making it easier to get some of the longer/easier lists started but I'm also someone who doesn't want to do something unless I'm going to do it properly and thoroughly, so it's definitely still a challenge. It's odd that after so many years of so much procrastination, I always think the next to do list or the next weekend/monday/month I'll be different and find the answer to be consistently productive. I don't think I've had a day in my whole life where I have forgiven myself for not being that sort of person. I feel like I'm so busy procrastinating that I don't actually have any time where I'm 'allowed' to do nothing and relax. Do other procrastinators feel this way?!

Priorities this week for me that I'm going to be accountable on here with:
-finish a website that's it's been under maintenance since May, and almost totally completed in May - something about just finishing it that I'm hitting a wall on
-book flights visit a friend next month
-reply to an email I've been ignoring
-look up how complicated it is to redo bathroom flooring yourself

Last week's plans:
  • List stuff on ebay ❌ of course I didn't do this, I didn't think I'd get around to it and neither did anyone else! 🤣
  • Get all that washing put away ✔ I actually ended up with even more washing needing done, and I put that away too. Must have been like 45% of the textiles in the house in the end 🙄💪
  • Get SH work project sewn up and dealt with ✔ unbelievably and with the odds stacked against me, I did manage this!! Being able to cross this off on this thread was v motivational.
  • Keep the house looking good - little and often! ✔ Yes, the house is basically OK - I've stayed on top of the floordrobe, tidying, and hoovering. Why is this state so hard to achieve??
  • Get at least 10.5 pages of UFYH read ❌ When I wrote that I meant 10.5 per day. I've not managed that or anything close - the first 1/4 of the book seems to be trying to sell itself to me... I bought it already!
  • Walking: minimum 5x morning walks, 1x longer walk, walk during Kid Club ✔✔✔ Smashed this! 💪 🥾 Did my morning walks, did 2 longer walks AND walked during Kid Club. AND walked at work a couple of times! The scales have noticed too 😊
Hopes & Dreams for this week :
  • List stuff on ebay... 🙄
  • Do 2 of the TT documents at work
  • Stay on top of the house stuff - v important this week
  • Read UFYH - skipping the dross
  • Walking: minimum 5x morning walks, 1x longer walk, walk during Kid Club - I won't add anything more to this for now.
  • At least make a start on sorting out my desk at home. This is a big job so will likely appear on these lists for a few weeks. This is something I've been procrastinating about for aaaages.
  • Mow the front lawn and tidy up the front beds

• Heart
Last week's stuff:
  • List stuff on ebay... 🙄 ❌ Ofc I didn't 🤣
  • Do 2 of the TT documents at work ✔✔✔ I did 3!! Still got 4 to do, I think? I did go in for a few hours on Sunday to get 1.5 of them done 🙄
  • Stay on top of the house stuff - v important this week ✔ Definitely did this
  • Read UFYH - skipping the dross ❌ Haven't touched it 🤣
  • Walking: minimum 5x morning walks, 1x longer walk, walk during Kid Club - I won't add anything more to this for now. ✔✔✔✔ Smashed this in spite of myself - I did the 5x morning walks, 2x walks before work, a really lovely 6.5 mile walk on my day off, a cheeky one while kid was at swimming lessons, a walk round the village with a friend one evening, and a 2.6 mile experimental walk to see what I could fit in locally on pavements for when the weather is too bad for fields. Almost 22 miles.
  • At least make a start on sorting out my desk at home. This is a big job so will likely appear on these lists for a few weeks. This is something I've been procrastinating about for aaaages.✔ I did make a start. Not much of a start, but I started, and did face up to some really tedious sorting out.
  • Mow the front lawn and tidy up the front beds ✔ Totally did this! Also mowed the new neighbours lawn because I am dead nice.
5 out of 7 isn't that bad.

This week I've got to go easy on myself - I've been struggling with work/ home/ kid/ school/ life/ MH and next week will be the most stressful work week of the year.
I am sacking off the ebay ambitions for now 😂

• Do 2 more TT documents at work
  • Do all of the EB documents at work
  • Stay on top of the house stuff
  • Have a go at UFYH
  • Keep walking
  • Stop procrastinating and have a serious go at sorting out my home desk
  • IMPORTANT: Book the car in at the garage - stop procrastinating!!! I'm sort of scared of this.
  • Get a haircut.
Anyone else borderline phobic about car & mechanic stuff?

Anyone? Beuller? Beuller?

• Heart
I always put off getting my car serviced etc as usually means a big bill at the end of it!!
Last week's stuff:
  • List stuff on ebay... 🙄 ❌ Ofc I didn't 🤣
  • Do 2 of the TT documents at work ✔✔✔ I did 3!! Still got 4 to do, I think? I did go in for a few hours on Sunday to get 1.5 of them done 🙄
  • Stay on top of the house stuff - v important this week ✔ Definitely did this
  • Read UFYH - skipping the dross ❌ Haven't touched it 🤣
  • Walking: minimum 5x morning walks, 1x longer walk, walk during Kid Club - I won't add anything more to this for now. ✔✔✔✔ Smashed this in spite of myself - I did the 5x morning walks, 2x walks before work, a really lovely 6.5 mile walk on my day off, a cheeky one while kid was at swimming lessons, a walk round the village with a friend one evening, and a 2.6 mile experimental walk to see what I could fit in locally on pavements for when the weather is too bad for fields. Almost 22 miles.
  • At least make a start on sorting out my desk at home. This is a big job so will likely appear on these lists for a few weeks. This is something I've been procrastinating about for aaaages.✔ I did make a start. Not much of a start, but I started, and did face up to some really tedious sorting out.
  • Mow the front lawn and tidy up the front beds ✔ Totally did this! Also mowed the new neighbours lawn because I am dead nice.
5 out of 7 isn't that bad.

This week I've got to go easy on myself - I've been struggling with work/ home/ kid/ school/ life/ MH and next week will be the most stressful work week of the year.
I am sacking off the ebay ambitions for now 😂

• Do 2 more TT documents at work
  • Do all of the EB documents at work
  • Stay on top of the house stuff
  • Have a go at UFYH
  • Keep walking
  • Stop procrastinating and have a serious go at sorting out my home desk
  • IMPORTANT: Book the car in at the garage - stop procrastinating!!! I'm sort of scared of this.
  • Get a haircut.
Anyone else borderline phobic about car & mechanic stuff?

Anyone? Beuller? Beuller?

• Heart
A86B4795-4CD9-43DF-A5C5-6A68D7BA960F.jpeg

Apologies for not being active on here! I’ve ticked one more thing since last time. I still need to do all bedding - I’ve done some, but not all!

Also I have a pile of books I want to read including the UFYH @Some People!

I got distracted last week because of electronic issues with the car - I’m coming back as an auto electrician in my next life they make a fortune! I feel all your pain with the mechanics, but if you find a good one stick with them.

This week I have a few goals mainly to do with sleep. I will rewrite and update my list in the next couple of days.

Good luck everyone 🤍🍀

• Heart
Sorry for such a slow reply @Cupoftae , I was totally off grid and just getting through jet lag now. Some of my favourite coping mechanisms have been getting a pomodoro timer so I can schedule regular breaks/rewards for keeping on track, a chair with an unstable bottom (I think about it like a adult version of a space hopper, though it is like a stool) that works to make even just sitting 'still' a bit more interesting so I don't feel the need to wander so much, and then there's a slime thing that's mint scented that I got from amazon that's great for when I feel myself starting to fidget, both for busy hands (therefore not going and finding say something to eat) and because mint scents are great for focus. Aside from them I'd say it's worth having a look on adhd twitter/tiktok/YouTube for some great tips on like habit stacking, body doubling etc etc. I'm also thinking about getting a thing that can turn my desk into a standing one as this is also meant to be really great for people with adhd, and anyone who sometimes struggles with focus at work lol. Also Trello is great for keeping lists if you're like me and have LOTS of projects on that have lots of little things to remember, but a really bad memory that feels like it wipes out when I find something more interesting to focus on - though arguably before medication they weren't really things I was working through.

Before my hol I wanted to:
-publish blog and launch site tomorrow ✅
-pack for New York ✅
-get some dollars from somewhere ✅
-holiday beauty prep! ✅barely
-make sure I've done all the docs for travel (and have someone else check I've not missed anything where my head is busy)✅
-order bathroom floor vinyl tiles✅
-clear out the fridge✅missed 2 things but oh well
-clear the top of my wardrobe now I've under bed storage space ❌
-finish horrible work project or hand it over to my manager as close to done as possible ✅I did... but it didn't get finished while I was away, so that's been today's fun
-put an out of office on and remove slack from my phone ✅
-watch Selling the OC❌

I'm so motivated by your lists, feeling you @Some People! on going to the mechanic, my MOT is coming up and I'm already overthinking it. Hope your really busy and stressful week goes better than expected!

My plans for this week are:

-try to get back to the gym, look at possible PTs to get me motivated and feeling confident about going in there again after so long! (this one is probably going to be a recurring feature, my favourite thing to procrastinate is exercise but I did a hike on holiday and it highlighted my total lack of athletic ability and I'd like to not do that in front of someone I'm attracted to again lol)
-find a screen protector around the flat and sort my phone
-get organised with medication requests
-do a meal plan
-book trains for a London work trip week after next
-buy paint and caulk for redoing bathroom skirting boards/door/walls maybe & grout cleaning
-start mapping out bathroom vinyl tile placements/how they fit around the loo
-clear top of my wardrobe
-buy new cosy pyjamas in the sales
-nails infill and try and book a mega hair keratin appointment
-see when botox availability is back
-prep for a possible cell removal on Friday (get your smears ladies!)
-work out what paperwork I need from my nan to get an Irish passport/dual nationality
-sort trip with friend since we both procrastinated too much to get an affordable spa trip sorted lol

This feels like a lot but I'm hoping my great post holiday mood helps me through before the holiday blues arrive ☀

• Heart
A wobble cushion was advised for my son who has ADHD to help him while sitting- sounds a great idea as gives you the motion and movement ! I will have to look it up to see exactly what it is like 🤔

Sorry for such a slow reply @Cupoftae , I was totally off grid and just getting through jet lag now. Some of my favourite coping mechanisms have been getting a pomodoro timer so I can schedule regular breaks/rewards for keeping on track, a chair with an unstable bottom (I think about it like a adult version of a space hopper, though it is like a stool) that works to make even just sitting 'still' a bit more interesting so I don't feel the need to wander so much, and then there's a slime thing that's mint scented that I got from amazon that's great for when I feel myself starting to fidget, both for busy hands (therefore not going and finding say something to eat) and because mint scents are great for focus. Aside from them I'd say it's worth having a look on adhd twitter/tiktok/YouTube for some great tips on like habit stacking, body doubling etc etc. I'm also thinking about getting a thing that can turn my desk into a standing one as this is also meant to be really great for people with adhd, and anyone who sometimes struggles with focus at work lol. Also Trello is great for keeping lists if you're like me and have LOTS of projects on that have lots of little things to remember, but a really bad memory that feels like it wipes out when I find something more interesting to focus on - though arguably before medication they weren't really things I was working through.

These are really good ideas thank you!! I will go through everything. I really struggle to stay focused but always love how good it feels when the list is all done!! Sounds like you have some fun things planned for your list to which always helps I think 😊

Apologies for not being active on here! I’ve ticked one more thing since last time. I still need to do all bedding - I’ve done some, but not all!

Also I have a pile of books I want to read including the UFYH @Some People!

I got distracted last week because of electronic issues with the car - I’m coming back as an auto electrician in my next life they make a fortune! I feel all your pain with the mechanics, but if you find a good one stick with them.

This week I have a few goals mainly to do with sleep. I will rewrite and update my list in the next couple of days.

Good luck everyone 🤍🍀

The past two nights I have tidied downstairs( just for a few minutes but makes such a difference the next morning ) and gone upstairs to bed between 8-9pm. I don’t go straight to sleep as scroll on my phone/ chat with my husband but can’t tell you how much better I have felt the past two mornings. Not sure how long it will last though but going to try preserve with this for weekdays

Last edited:
  • Heart
Well I posted once and that was it! I’ve even been procrastinating about catching up on the thread 😳 😂
I’ve achieved nothing really on the list I made. I seem to be rushing around like a whirlwind lately with nothing nothing to show for it; mainly doing errands and chores for other people, but that’s life sometimes.
So a smaller list:
Catch up with the pile of ironing
Sit and do (and stick to!) a proper groceries list
Put ironed clothes away immediately I’ve finished
Do a half hour job around the house each day after work.
Let’s see how that goes!

• Heart
I start off so well then something happens and it all goes to pot!
Got a shocking cold and on period this week so all I want to do is do nothing yet I want to do stuff!
I am at my best middle of the month, maybe I will do my list for then 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
I start off so well then something happens and it all goes to pot!
Got a shocking cold and on period this week so all I want to do is do nothing yet I want to do stuff!
I am at my best middle of the month, maybe I will do my list for then 🤣
Yep! Life’s got in the way here too! Have spent the last few days getting various things sorted and done for my Mum - not that I mind that, but I’ve been too knackered and fed up to look at my own jobs!

This entire week has been a write-off in lots of ways, but I have to get my tit together for tomorrow and the rest of the week.
That said, today I just cannot. get. started. I'm so annoyed with myself! I've got a huge list of stuff I have to get done and I'm still lolling about on my sofa/tattle.
I've estimated if I just do the stuff on the list, don't stop for breaks or make lunch for the kid, and don't get distracted I might be finished by 8pm.
I've got about 2.5 hours left on my audiobook so I'm hoping that I can finish my coffee* and crack on until the book's finished.

Wish me luck 🤣

* story of my life

• Heart
This entire week has been a write-off in lots of ways, but I have to get my tit together for tomorrow and the rest of the week.
That said, today I just cannot. get. started. I'm so annoyed with myself! I've got a huge list of stuff I have to get done and I'm still lolling about on my sofa/tattle.
I've estimated if I just do the stuff on the list, don't stop for breaks or make lunch for the kid, and don't get distracted I might be finished by 8pm.
I've got about 2.5 hours left on my audiobook so I'm hoping that I can finish my coffee* and crack on until the book's finished.

Wish me luck 🤣

* story of my life
I feel you. I’ve had a major set back this past week and it’s really thrown me. I wanted to be new month, new goals, but I need to sit with what’s happened. I’m hoping to remove stuff that doesn’t need to be in my home. I’ve even checked up at the recycling centre - it’s weird here they have odd and even days that match up to your car reg! I got caught out last time so hoping to take a couple of broken electrical items as I don’t like putting stuff on landfill ♻

If I can later today I will fill out my planner. I sadly only managed a couple of goals from September so I can carry them on, but I need and want to complete them 😩

I think we are hard on ourselves aren’t we? That’s something else I’m trying to work on… work in progress!

Good luck 🤞🏼 on your to dos this week 💜

• Heart
Reactions: 2
It has been a lovely day outside, I wanted to go out but I have not set foot outside the front door. I've ended up doing sod all today, just couldn't work up the enthusiasm.

• Heart