Daily Anti-Procrastination Accountability Thread

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Classic bit of procrastination from me yesterday: did a big shop- went to Aldi, then Tesco, then got petrol. Got home almost 4 hours later tired and cross and Β£300+ lighter and just. couldn't. make. myself. put. it. all. away.

I managed to force myself to put away the frozen and fridge stuff and then just went and sat for a bit till I had to pick the kid up for 3.

After her swimming lesson we popped to Lidl to get the bits I could get at either Aldi or Tesco (!!!!!!) and, once again, having put away the couple of fridge/freezer bits I couldn't face the rest. Made dinner, sat about, and had an early night.

IT'S ALL. STILL. THERE. THIS MORNING!!!

Putting away shopping, esp a Big Shop is my absolute worst job. I do this every single month πŸ™„

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Omg this is me to a t as well, I have the attention span of a gnat and silly me love to multi task so the house is just a jumble of left over items, things I've forgotten about or lost, or promises that I make to myself to can't hold myself to.
I'm also a hoarder, yesterday I gave my myself a kick up the bum, and did quite a lot, so of course today I felt exhausted and hardly did anything.
It's the pacing, I never get it quite right I'm either turbo charged or exhausted, I need balance, but after going through 2 very challenging years, I find that I have a backlog of things I didn't deal with, because I was just depressed.

Oh dear, coming up for air now and do generally feel better, but sometimes I look around and I feel like tit how did I let things get to this point?
The self blame used to be merciless but I've learnt to at least try to change that inner dialogue, and start to get some perspective, one day at a time, one room at a time and one job at a time, slowly easy does it.
What else can you do? I guess at least I'm not hiding away anymore, and finally facing up to things seems like less of a challenge.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
  • RSVP a wedding invite + email them (bleh!) ❌ Still haven't gotten around to this πŸ™„
  • Check on the plan for my mam's birthday and communicate with her about it βœ” Done!
  • Finish sanding the bureau I've stripped, order the wax I need apply a couple of coats, and put the whole thing back together β€”I'll need to do a bit every day to get this done in time for the start of start of term. βœ” Still working on this - a couple of days of rain meant I couldn't do this (outside), but I'm getting there!
  • Do my morning walk every day - I've totally let this slip lately. βœ” Managed to walk Monday-Friday this week! Would have done the weekend too, but things got in the way - I'm happy with just M-F as a baseline.
  • Keep on top of the basic household upkeep stuff - I've got a massive week at work and I really just need to not let everything go totally to tit at home. Partially to tit, max. βœ” Yeah, I'll give myself this one - stuff was basically OK πŸ’ͺ

OK, so 4 out of 5 isn't too bad?

How did everyone else get on with getting on last week?

What's your plans for next week?

This week I need to...
  • RSVP that stupid wedding invite & email them
  • Keep working on that stupid furniture
  • Keep up with the morning walking - I'm nearly at my previous streak
  • Sort out my floordrobe/ chairdrobe
  • Get the family calendar up to date with working patterns, clubs, and life ready for term
  • Once again, try to stay on top of home stuff a bit more - it's another big week

Last edited:
  • Heart
I love the idea of weekly accountability cos I'm just going to proscrastinate on the daily lol

-finish a website that's it's been under maintenance since May, and almost totally completed in May - something about just finishing it that I'm hitting a wall on ❌ Mmm maybe I'll finish it today?! I gave myself a 1 September deadline so fingers still crossed to hit it
-book flights visit a friend next month βœ”
-reply to an email I've been ignoring βœ” realised as I was replying I've actually ignored this since April and it was that they chased a reply in July whoooops
-look up how complicated it is to redo bathroom flooring yourself βœ” sheet/tile samples bought, other materials bought, ready to go

@Some People! 4/5 is so great especially when some of yours are ongoing/regular rather than a 1 and done!

What I'm gonna be accountable for getting done this week:
-finish my website!
-finish 2 blogs for launch
-clear out 1/2 vac bags under my bed
-little home spa treat afternoon
-get canva pro
-make organisation labels with the cricut I nabbed from my mum
-clear out old/expired skincare
-switch all my hangers to velvet ones and bin the plastic crap
-sort weekend trip to Prague with friend in October before prices get too high
-send birthday gifts
-choose bathroom vinyl from samples and order for full flooring
-check paperwork for USA is done
-help my sister with managing her bills/setting her up with a workable budget

The only hard deadline is my website even though it's the easiest to procrastinate and my perfectionist self doesn't love where it is yet, but it's been too long without now so that's my real battle - having something like that might make me more productive when it comes to literally everything else though so it's going to hopefully make me get a ton of the above done!

What's everyone else trying to tick off this week?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
@oksobasically 3/4 is really good going! High five!

Just posting this morning has made me guilt myself into starting 2 of this week's 6.

Hope your flooring stuff goes well and you love it!
Website stuff isn't something that's ever really "in a finished state" which really triggers the perfectionist tendencies, I think.

With stuff like that I try to remind myself: "Good Enough Is Good Enough"

Good luck!

• Heart
I need to pack! I’m going to Boston on Thursday and I haven’t packed a thing yet.

- ring up a company about something
- change password online
- list at least 3 things on eBay - I have taken some pictures! Just not listed them yet.
- put some paperwork away in file
- repot 2 succulents
- weather permitting, get all the washing done
- clean bathroom
- do a mani and pedi on myself - half done!
- make some pizza bases and put in freezer
- make pizza sauce and put in freezer
- do some work towards something that I hope will eventually lead to a wage

I did clean and put my pool away so that was an extra task I hadn't planned for

This week's list:
- ring up company about something
- eBay listings - more than 3
- repot 3 succulents
- manicure
- make pizza bases
- make pizza sauce
- clean bathroom
- work on future wage project(s)
- go through bank and credit card statements
- finish small cross stitch project
- laundry
- put clothes away
- varnish a plant pot I decorated a while ago
- take up a dress hem
- organise a cupboard

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Like most of us here I love a list!

This is mine:

EC7632B5-E5CE-4E34-A84B-2425804D4473.png

My deadline is this time next week. I’m going to try my best, but not beat myself up if I don’t do it all.

Have a great week procrastinators! πŸ–€

52F98763-7D78-4041-A3C6-967A1F840EBA.jpeg

• Heart
My list from last week was:
  • Rake the garden - partly done but covered in leaves so needs another go!
  • Jetwash and oil my decking -jetwashed but didn't oil it ❌
  • Buy new cushions and lights for the garden plus food, drinks etc - done βœ”
  • Jetwash my drive and paint the front steps - done βœ”
  • Plus clean my whole house - done βœ”
  • I was also considering redecorating my downstairs loo but realistically that won't happen! - despite expectations got this done too and put a new loo seat on :) πŸ‘Œ

Clearly I need to have people round more often because it means I am massively more productive πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

This weeks tasks:
I have some super urgent work stuff which MUST be done by tomorrow and which I'll be working on late tonight
Oiling the decking
Raking the garden (both rolled over from last week)
I also need to send a couple of personal emails/ follow up on refunds not received etc

• Heart
Reactions: 5
My list from last week was:
  • Rake the garden - partly done but covered in leaves so needs another go!
  • Jetwash and oil my decking -jetwashed but didn't oil it ❌
  • Buy new cushions and lights for the garden plus food, drinks etc - done βœ”
  • Jetwash my drive and paint the front steps - done βœ”
  • Plus clean my whole house - done βœ”
  • I was also considering redecorating my downstairs loo but realistically that won't happen! - despite expectations got this done too and put a new loo seat on :) πŸ‘Œ

Clearly I need to have people round more often because it means I am massively more productive πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

This weeks tasks:
I have some super urgent work stuff which MUST be done by tomorrow and which I'll be working on late tonight
Oiling the decking
Raking the garden (both rolled over from last week)
I also need to send a couple of personal emails/ follow up on refunds not received etc
Super good progress! You're my productivity inspo for the week 😊

Seriously, having visitors causes me to discover stores of energy and motivation I didn't know I had!

• Heart
Super good progress! You're my productivity inspo for the week 😊

Seriously, having visitors causes me to discover stores of energy and motivation I didn't know I had!
Nothing like having overnight guests or visitors to kick start a good tidy up! 😱

• Heart
Me on a Sunday remembering I'm trying to be accountable somewhere publicly and seeing my list:

-finish my website! ❌ but only because I've got external support fixing something. When they get a grip this is finally off the list!
-finish 2 blogs for launch ❌ 1 finished 1 to go
-clear out 1/2 vac bags under my bed βœ” though set up like 5 new jobs
-little home spa treat afternoon βœ”
-get canva pro
❌decided against
-make organisation labels with the cricut I nabbed from my mum βœ”
-clear out old/expired skincareβœ”
-switch all my hangers to velvet ones and bin the plastic crap βœ”
❌ swapped to a lil uk spa trip because too disorganised to sort now
-send birthday gifts βœ”
-choose bathroom vinyl from samples and order for full flooring ❌ waiting for 4 samples still
-check paperwork for USA is done βœ”
-help my sister with managing her bills/setting her up with a workable budget βœ”
It was such a crap week in every way that I'm surprised I managed to do anything, fingers crossed this week doesn't wipe me out in a similar way. Hope everyone else had a great week!

This week for me :
-finish my website if support gets the navigation/header fixed
-finish 2nd blog for launch
-find spa spot for a good price around Manchester/NW in Oct
-transfer under bed bits to vac seal bags
-deep clean under bed storage
-trip to the tip
-get nails done
-try out tan-luxe for face (pray for my pale self to not glow orange!)
-finish big work project
-find an excuse to go and try Gooey cafe

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Mine is:
Unpack properly from trip, put everything away and do all laundry within 24 hours of return
Change bedding
Repaint toes.
Finish collecting stuff to go to Oxfam.
Update my books read list.
Choose new garden bench

• Heart
But late checking in for last week...
  • RSVP that stupid wedding invite & email them βœ” love having this off my back
  • Keep working on that stupid furniture βœ” so close to finishing now!!!
  • Keep up with the morning walking - I'm nearly at my previous streak I'm absolutely smashing this - I started week 3 this morning, I think! βœ”
  • Sort out my floordrobe/ chairdrobe ❌ sigh
  • Get the family calendar up to date with working patterns, clubs, and life ready for term hate this bit of admin. Good to have it done! βœ”
  • Once again, try to stay on top of home stuff a bit more - it's another big week I'm calling this done. Nothing collapsed, died, or fell over πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

Not too bad at all, and some really crappy stuff in there I'd been putting off, so I'll call it a wee win.

This week I need to...
  • Finish that furniture - I might even be able to get this done tomorrow afternoon!!
  • Tidy up the aftermath of the furniture repair and sanding and everything, ugh.
  • Actually sort out my floordrobe/ chairdrobe
  • I HAVE TO do a bit of work tonight - it has to be done for tomorrow and I've accidentally been putting this off by forgetting it.
  • in addition to my daily morning walks, I need to get in a longer one this week - either on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, and use the time waiting for kid to get out of her club tomorrow to walk too.
  • Get some stuff listed on ebay

Have a good week procrastinators! πŸ–€

• Heart
Me on a Sunday remembering I'm trying to be accountable somewhere publicly and seeing my list:

-finish my website! ❌ but only because I've got external support fixing something. When they get a grip this is finally off the list!
-finish 2 blogs for launch ❌ 1 finished 1 to go
-clear out 1/2 vac bags under my bed βœ” though set up like 5 new jobs
-little home spa treat afternoon βœ”
-get canva pro
❌decided against
-make organisation labels with the cricut I nabbed from my mum βœ”
-clear out old/expired skincareβœ”
-switch all my hangers to velvet ones and bin the plastic crap βœ”
❌ swapped to a lil uk spa trip because too disorganised to sort now
-send birthday gifts βœ”
-choose bathroom vinyl from samples and order for full flooring ❌ waiting for 4 samples still
-check paperwork for USA is done βœ”
-help my sister with managing her bills/setting her up with a workable budget βœ”
It was such a crap week in every way that I'm surprised I managed to do anything, fingers crossed this week doesn't wipe me out in a similar way. Hope everyone else had a great week!

This week for me :
-finish my website if support gets the navigation/header fixed
-finish 2nd blog for launch
-find spa spot for a good price around Manchester/NW in Oct
-transfer under bed bits to vac seal bags
-deep clean under bed storage
-trip to the tip
-get nails done
-try out tan-luxe for face (pray for my pale self to not glow orange!)
-finish big work project
-find an excuse to go and try Gooey cafe
I've been told many times that Appleby Hotel and Spa is excellent, though maybe too far north (is NW though (Manchester isn't really IMO 🀣)πŸ™ŠπŸ™ˆ)

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I've been told many times that Appleby Hotel and Spa is excellent, though maybe too far north (is NW though (Manchester isn't really IMO 🀣)πŸ™ŠπŸ™ˆ)
Ooh proper north for that!! πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚
Will def have a look though, I’ve only got 1 place in mind to even check prices of at the mo and that’s close to tons of things we could do alongside a spa trip so prob worth the travelling

Like most of us here I love a list!

This is mine:

My deadline is this time next week. I’m going to try my best, but not beat myself up if I don’t do it all.

Have a great week procrastinators! πŸ–€

View attachment 1538395
E3C18753-E8BD-4145-9A6C-220E030A0531.png

I didn’t do as much as I would of liked to, no excuses but I’ve been in pain 😫 I’m going to continue this week with the list and not beat myself up over what I’ve not done.

Hope everyone has a good week πŸ’œ

095F4E9A-41CB-4D96-8636-EC92A82459EB.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Mine is:
Unpack properly from trip, put everything away and do all laundry within 24 hours of return
Change bedding
Repaint toes.
Finish collecting stuff to go to Oxfam.
Update my books read list.
Choose new garden bench
Everything unpacked and laundry done!
bench chosen.

• Heart