Dahlia Beach

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And also moaning about paying for labour (after being called out for having ‘volunteers’ do all the work for her profit making business)

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Followed her earlier in the year as I love gardening, dahlias and supporting small businesses. I love finding gardeners on Instagram and their joyful continent. Quickly unfollowed as she is utterly smug and not transparent about funding and lifestyle.

I love the idea of ‘following a dream and being creative in your work’ but that is easy to do when your husband is loaded.
I think it was when the Chelsea’s vase was smashed that my eyes were opened, if I had won something as special as that there is no way the kids would carry it!

Reactions: 4
WOW I didn’t expect to see this thread pop up on the home page - she is so irritating! Everything mentioned is so true. She is very local to me, the covid sob story grinds my gears. She’s either a super boss babe or a struggling farmer advertising for some slave Labour, depending on the day of the week.

WOW I didn’t expect to see this thread pop up on the home page - she is so irritating! Everything mentioned is so true. She is very local to me, the covid sob story grinds my gears. She’s either a super boss babe or a struggling farmer advertising for some slave Labour, depending on the day of the week.
It’s funny how tattle really brings like minded people together. I know some of the big Insta charlatans are obvious in their sales pitches to buy fast fashion or cleaning products but then there are the smaller account that are up to similar bad practise and i love that they get called out. Every time I think ‘it’s just me that thinks this’ I find others that agree.

When I unfollowed her I thought I was maybe being a bit judgemental but glad you all agree that selling the dream of setting up your own business whilst using a ton of unpaid labour is quite revolting.

Followed her earlier in the year as I love gardening, dahlias and supporting small businesses. I love finding gardeners on Instagram and their joyful continent. Quickly unfollowed as she is utterly smug and not transparent about funding and lifestyle.

I love the idea of ‘following a dream and being creative in your work’ but that is easy to do when your husband is loaded.
I think it was when the Chelsea’s vase was smashed that my eyes were opened, if I had won something as special as that there is no way the kids would carry it!
Right? And didn't the cheeky mare get a replacement sent out from RHS because she tagged them in her crying stories?

Reactions: 1
She’s been away again- must be easy this boss babe lark
My thoughts exactly!
I haven't started my own small business, but most of them seem to have the owner working themselves to the bone to get it running/make ends meet. Rather than fannying around making IG content (btw how pissed off would you be if you're picking flowers/weeding/making bouquets in the rain whilst she flits about filming you and making you jump in the air?!).

Reactions: 1
Didn’t expect to find this thread! I was an early follower - huge dahlia fan - but the use of volunteers and chaoticness made me unfollow last year.

Reactions: 3
Aw I like her! She worked really hard for DB last year and Andy is so rude and passive aggressive to her.
Yes! At Malvern flower show this year she was very dismissive to James Alexander Sinclair while doing a talk in the marquee and basically told him to keep quiet. She didn’t even realise how rude she had been and the audience were shocked. I unfollowed her on the spot. He didn’t lower to her level and just carried on professionally with the demonstration.
I also found it super irritating when she constantly talked over people and frolicked around videoing all of her unpaid minions.

When I was following her I couldn’t believe she had the audacity to make regular ‘poor me’ requests and guilt trip people to come and volunteer for the day and also ask them to bring their own lunch. Have none of these people realised she lives in a huge thatched house in a village outside Oxford with family membership to Soho Farmhouse!
It’s fine to be aspirational but it’s annoying to see wealthy people becoming wealthier at the expense of other peoples time and energy because they’ve been deluded by a sob story on Instagram….

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
So now she’s charging for the slavery £5 each? To remove the Dahlias that I’m assuming she would have had to remove herself for different stock she has coming for next season? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
So now she’s charging for the slavery £5 each? To remove the Dahlias that I’m assuming she would have had to remove herself for different stock she has coming for next season? 😂
She's charging £1 entry fee on top of the £5 to dig up your own Dahlia and she's even asking if you can bring your own fork! 😂

I'm in the wrong bloody job, I tell ya

Ooh and she sold 700 tickets today, so that's over 4k!

• Wow
A lot of the people there had dug up 10 or more plants at £5 each plus the £1 ticket. Say the average was 5 plants (conservative), that’s £18,200 and they still have a field full so are opening it again for a few days this week.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
A lot of the people there had dug up 10 or more plants at £5 each plus the £1 ticket. Say the average was 5 plants (conservative), that’s £18,200 and they still have a field full so are opening it again for a few days this week.
Wow, I thought my maths was a bit dodgy but 18k, that's nuts!

Call me boring but I'd rather buy my Dahlia Tubers online for 3 quid a pop delivered 🥴

Me too!

Lot of hard work coming up to clear and prep the field for next year. No doubt her role in this will be filming and screeching at the ‘volunteers’ and making cringy dance reels.

She said “I” (as if she intends to lift a finger 😂) don’t want to have to dig these up and store them over winter. Wonder what they are planning to do with the other field that has 10,000 dahlias

Reactions: 2
I honestly can’t believe people buy her 5 tubers for £59.99 when you can get 6 for £21.30 from Farmer Gracy 😳😳😳. I know she says it comes with growing advice but you can get that for free from YouTube or Instagram.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I honestly can’t believe people buy her 5 tubers for £59.99 when you can get 6 for £21.30 from Farmer Gracy 😳😳😳. I know she says it comes with growing advice but you can get that for free from YouTube or Instagram.
I bought mine from Farmer Gracy last year for less than 3 quid each in the sales, and they were fantastic. Her prices are definitely geared towards an upmarket customer, unlike myself 🤣