Cults

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I followed that case when it first was in the press. Excellent documentary.

This is when the cult was on Dr Phil. It aired 6/7 months before her death...

Reactions: 1
I followed that case when it first was in the press. Excellent documentary.

This is when the cult was on Dr Phil. It aired 6/7 months before her death...

Thanks, I’ll have a look because I don’t think I’ll find the HBO documentary online.

Reactions: 2
Just watched the Twin Flames one on Netflix. All quite strange how they got so involved. I wonder if the people featured had a lot more going on in their lives before they joined which made them more susceptible to falling for it. It was all so shallow from the start it never seemed to explain how they got properly drawn in. Especially the with the twin Sister.
That was boring and virtually unwatchable.

Netflix = shite. The plastic surgeon one is a good example of where they could have focused on detailing and exposing the crimes the person committed, instead put all the focus on the fiance who was just there to "be seen" and turned it into some salacious cheating story, with the deaths of innocent people as an afterthought.

That was boring and virtually unwatchable.

Netflix = shite. The plastic surgeon one is a good example of where they could have focused on detailing and exposing the crimes the person committed, instead put all the focus on the fiance who was just there to "be seen" and turned it into some salacious cheating story, with the deaths of innocent people as an afterthought.
Tbf the wondery podcast about him that was out first was the same. Focused on her too

I was listening to Beyond The Blinds and they were talking about some mad cult that Shawn Mendes has been trapped in a cult that Miley Cyrus was also involved in - called "Modern Mystery School" it's all magic and sex and stuff

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Ooh yeah I saw something on deuxmoi about Shawn and was meaning to look into it!

Reactions: 2
There’s a new mini series on BBC iPlayer called Eye investigations. Disciples: The cult of TB joshua.
Have just started watching

Reactions: 6
There’s a new mini series on BBC iPlayer called Eye investigations. Disciples: The cult of TB joshua.
Have just started watching
I used to work in a hotel in south yorkshire and a couple of years back the leader of TB Joshua held his annual conference at the arena .
The hotel was full (it is an international chain, 90+ rooms ) and we had multiples of people trying to stay in rooms ,as we are told to be careful about who goes into rooms names are taken on check in and key cards are limited) . All the people at the hotel had basically spent all their savings on flights and accommodation to come and see TB Joshua . The people who came to stay were all from various African countries ( and well known to be very poor). it was quite sad to see that so many people had spent hundreds of pounds coming to see a con artist.

There are loads of cult documentaries on netflix which i have watched, most recently the WACO documentary which was sat on my to watch list for ages as i am familiar with David Koresh/ WACO siege however the documentary focused on the actual siege and interviewed people on both sides ( members of the cult and ATF/FBI agents). I found it interesting to watch . I also learned that the Oklahoma City bombings happened because the bloke in charge of the WACO siege was head of the FBI in Oklahoma City at the time, and the bomber wanted to get his revenge on the FBI guy. The bomber was also a part of the WACO cult. I have heard of the bombing however i did not know it was in relation to WACO.

I have watched Twin Flames, Wild Wild Country, Bikram Yoga, Guru Predator, Murder Among the Mormons, Bad Vegan, One of Us ( this is about the Hasidic Jewish Community and the sexual abuse that is alleged to take place).

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
I used to work in a hotel in south yorkshire and a couple of years back the leader of TB Joshua held his annual conference at the arena .
The hotel was full (it is an international chain, 90+ rooms ) and we had multiples of people trying to stay in rooms ,as we are told to be careful about who goes into rooms names are taken on check in and key cards are limited) . All the people at the hotel had basically spent all their savings on flights and accommodation to come and see TB Joshua . The people who came to stay were all from various African countries ( and well known to be very poor). it was quite sad to see that so many people had spent hundreds of pounds coming to see a con artist.

There are loads of cult documentaries on netflix which i have watched, most recently the WACO documentary which was sat on my to watch list for ages as i am familiar with David Koresh/ WACO siege however the documentary focused on the actual siege and interviewed people on both sides ( members of the cult and ATF/FBI agents). I found it interesting to watch . I also learned that the Oklahoma City bombings happened because the bloke in charge of the WACO siege was head of the FBI in Oklahoma City at the time, and the bomber wanted to get his revenge on the FBI guy. The bomber was also a part of the WACO cult. I have heard of the bombing however i did not know it was in relation to WACO.

I have watched Twin Flames, Wild Wild Country, Bikram Yoga, Guru Predator, Murder Among the Mormons, Bad Vegan, One of Us ( this is about the Hasidic Jewish Community and the sexual abuse that is alleged to take place).
McVeigh wasn’t part of the Koresh’s cult but he was a second amendment guy and was angered by the US gouvernements response to the Waco siege (and also Ruby Ridge) and that was a big part of his motivation for the Oklahoma bombing.

Reactions: 5