Cryptocurrencies

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Shitcoin. People seriously think this can hit 1 cent šŸ˜‚ market cap would be astronomical and would need to be bigger than Bitcoin šŸ¤£ impossible without burning 99% of the supply
Yeah the maths isnā€™t backing it up. Itā€™s the hype that gets me. Iā€™ve never seen anything so sustained or verging on mainstream awareness for a shitcoin. I just donā€™t get it! šŸ˜‚

I am so tempted to dabble with maybe 5m though. Someone might find a way to turn value out of the hype and give it longer legs to a healthy (but not unrealistic) profit.

To be fair people said that about Doge.
Yeah they arenā€™t the same coin? Please look at the supply and market cap. You must not know very much about crypto if you think shiba is going to where doge is

Just wanted to add as well even if shiba had the same market cap as Bitcoin (will never happen) it still doesnā€™t hit 1cent. Huge dip coming soon for shiba so many about to get rekt.
Never buy the news

B474159E-9811-4AEF-86D4-6A7E67E621FE.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Cryptocurrency is so exciting! I got into it at the beginning of this year and takes a while to get used to the dips šŸ˜± but itā€™s fun to watch and Iā€™m up quite a bit. I need to skim off some profits while the going is good, but itā€™s hard as you want to keep going when everything is on the up šŸ˜…

I want to learn more about it though and maybe dabble in some new altcoins. On Friday night I saw a new coin, Dotdown, that had gone from Ā£0.00006841 to Ā£7.80 in a 24 hour period, imagine having put Ā£10 or Ā£100 into that šŸ˜­šŸ˜­ Iā€™d love to do that but I wouldnā€™t even know what coin to invest in, there are so many new ones all the time.

Reactions: 1
Market cap isn't the be all and end all for crypto.

And I didn't say it will end up where Doge is, just that people say "it'll never get to x, big crash coming soon!" about every new coin. I doubt it's going to get to 1c anytime soon, but if people are buying it now to hold for a while then meh.

Cryptocurrency is so exciting! I got into it at the beginning of this year and takes a while to get used to the dips šŸ˜± but itā€™s fun to watch and Iā€™m up quite a bit. I need to skim off some profits while the going is good, but itā€™s hard as you want to keep going when everything is on the up šŸ˜…

I want to learn more about it though and maybe dabble in some new altcoins. On Friday night I saw a new coin, Dotdown, that had gone from Ā£0.00006841 to Ā£7.80 in a 24 hour period, imagine having put Ā£10 or Ā£100 into that šŸ˜­šŸ˜­ Iā€™d love to do that but I wouldnā€™t even know what coin to invest in, there are so many new ones all the time.
Yeah the dips are hard but after a few years youā€™ll see them as buying opportunity. Will never forget the day my portfolio went down Ā£10k in a few hours and I was in full panic mode šŸ˜‚
Watch some of the wojak crypto YouTube videos, they are hilarious and very relatable

ATH for Shiba. I reiterate my earlier post, WTF is going on? It canā€™t be just fomo? Why is it getting so much traction I donā€™t understand šŸ˜­šŸ˜‚

ATH for Shiba. I reiterate my earlier post, WTF is going on? It canā€™t be just fomo? Why is it getting so much traction I donā€™t understand šŸ˜­šŸ˜‚
Hype / FOMO is probably at least part of it, to be fair.

I brought like $20 worth of it a week or so ago, don't see the point in spending much more on it. Although if it does crash to 0.00002500 again then I might buy some more.

My bf brought a few of shiba coins when they were much cheaper I think 16m so atm heā€™s made a tidy little profit but I really donā€™t think he wants to cash out yet in case they keep going up šŸ˜‚

I guess once itā€™s over itā€™s new information to refer to about how much exposure, networks, social media marketing and branding will lift even the shittiest of shitcoins.

Itā€™s because of the demographics who are buying it I think. Probably less experienced in markets in general and less risk averse so giving it wings. Plus itā€™s incredibly cheap to play with without risking too much.

I posted a while back that Iā€™m only holding Bitcoin and ethereum but I did recently buy some ORN. I am feeling quite confident on this project they have an upcoming collaboration with coinbase that has been hinted at for months and a crazy low market cap with so much room for growth. Iā€™m willing to hold this for 3-5 years with a Ā£500 target in mind (currently Ā£5.90).
Obviously dyor if you want to invest.

Yeah they arenā€™t the same coin? Please look at the supply and market cap. You must not know very much about crypto if you think shiba is going to where doge is

Just wanted to add as well even if shiba had the same market cap as Bitcoin (will never happen) it still doesnā€™t hit 1cent. Huge dip coming soon for shiba so many about to get rekt.
Never buy the news

View attachment 829306
I have some of this got it about 4 months ago and doge coin

Wonder what todayā€™s Shibantics are going to be. People are still buying today even after it slumped. I knew yesterdayā€™s rocket wasnā€™t sustainable and it would plummet back but wtf and how is it pulling this black magic? And wtf did it do to the market as a whole šŸ˜¬ everything I had got knocked whilst Shib soared. Itā€™s made huge gains this week. More confused than ever and making me think I havenā€™t got as much of a laymanā€™s clue as I thought šŸ§

Wonder what todayā€™s Shibantics are going to be. People are still buying today even after it slumped. I knew yesterdayā€™s rocket wasnā€™t sustainable and it would plummet back but wtf and how is it pulling this black magic? And wtf did it do to the market as a whole šŸ˜¬ everything I had got knocked whilst Shib soared. Itā€™s made huge gains this week. More confused than ever and making me think I havenā€™t got as much of a laymanā€™s clue as I thought šŸ§
Bitcoin is up nearly Ā£2k this morning so market is starting to move again. Noticed a doge pump yesterday too as Shib and Doge were the top movers of the day. bleeping dog coiners trying to outdo each other šŸ˜­

Bitcoin is up nearly Ā£2k this morning so market is starting to move again. Noticed a doge pump yesterday too as Shib and Doge were the top movers of the day. bleeping dog coiners trying to outdo each other šŸ˜­
Iā€™ve only got BTC, ETH and NKN at the minute and Iā€™m a long holder, mainly because Iā€™m not totally clued up. I have to confess Iā€™m a bit envious of all these quick gains being made. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve got the time to watch and stress over the rollercoaster dog coins though.

Iā€™ve only got BTC, ETH and NKN at the minute and Iā€™m a long holder, mainly because Iā€™m not totally clued up. I have to confess Iā€™m a bit envious of all these quick gains being made. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve got the time to watch and stress over the rollercoaster dog coins though.
You had to be holding Shib at the beginning of the year to have made any serious money, anyone jumping in now or even May wonā€™t be making much unless they have invested a high amount, itā€™s really not worth the risk as it could crash to 0 anyday the supply is so high that itā€™s worthless. Bitcoin is limited supply only 21m exist there will never be anymore and I believe around 3-4m are in lost wallets that will never be retrieved. Holding Bitcoin long term is the best investment you can make IMO. People believe that in 10-15 years time this could surpass the MC of gold, that would put Bitcoin at over $5m a coin.

You had to be holding Shib at the beginning of the year to have made any serious money, anyone jumping in now or even May wonā€™t be making much unless they have invested a high amount, itā€™s really not worth the risk as it could crash to 0 anyday the supply is so high that itā€™s worthless. Bitcoin is limited supply only 21m exist there will never be anymore and I believe around 3-4m are in lost wallets that will never be retrieved. Holding Bitcoin long term is the best investment you can make IMO. People believe that in 10-15 years time this could surpass the MC of gold, that would put Bitcoin at over $5m a coin.
I totally agree, I believe it is the best investment too. I started with investing a low 3 figure sum in 2017 and even though itā€™s been hairy at times, Iā€™ve topped six figures this year. If my initial sum had just been sat in a savings account it would have done Jack and tit in that 4 years. I know nothing is realised until you cash out and you have to pay tax, but Iā€™m grateful for 2017 me for starting and at least giving me a bit of retirement potential.

• Heart
I totally agree, I believe it is the best investment too. I started with investing a low 3 figure sum in 2017 and even though itā€™s been hairy at times, Iā€™ve topped six figures this year. If my initial sum had just been sat in a savings account it would have done Jack and tit in that 4 years. I know nothing is realised until you cash out and you have to pay tax, but Iā€™m grateful for 2017 me for starting and at least giving me a bit of retirement potential.
I canā€™t think of anything else other than crypto you can make this kind of profit in such a short space of time, it proves how early in the game we are. I started DCA Ā£100 a month in 2019 and we decided to make a huge decision to invest my savings in early 2020 when there was a crash, people that donā€™t understand Bitcoin would think I was insane but itā€™s the best decision Iv ever made.

• Heart
Thereā€™s hundreds of shitcoins launched, knowing which one will stick and buying enough is a lottery in itself.

Thereā€™s something weird about Shib though. I think the exchanges might be some of the whales, propping it up to get news and interest from people who have never dealt in crypto before. Theyā€™re raking it in with transaction fees. Coinbase had a weird ā€œupdateā€ the other night that cooled off buying (but didnā€™t kill it). Also it looked like some whale had an auto sell off to stall growth rate. šŸ§ It smells like an experimental corporate shitcoin to me.