Cryptocurrencies

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn’t know it could even go that low. Personally for me this highlights why I won’t ever be a serious crypto investor.

It has been delisted. TerraUST was designed to trade at a one-to-one ratio to the greenback, but without some form of actual collateral that should underpin its value, as is the case with Tether.

Instead it employed an algorithmic process of creating and then destroying its very own supply of Luna coin, which served as a kind of shock absorber.

When the peg started to fail, the protocol was designed to stabilize the value through the minting of more Luna—only the sustained attack meant it was suddenly being created at an exponential rate.

Latest indications suggest the supply of Luna coins in circulation went from a few hundred million to now 6.9 trillion, with the token trading at levels virtually near zero after hitting an all-time high of $119 just last month.

“There has never been an event in crypto where $80 billion was wiped out of the market, never,”

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I don't know why people are so surprised the price is falling from the peak? This cycle has happened several times. It's still way way up from when it surged in 2020.

My sister deleted my coin base app to free up space for her to record her concert videos.

I don’t want to know what’s going on at the moment.Stock market also falling.

Good time to buy 😂.

(If you already have an emergency fund and won’t need the money for a few years. )

Reactions: 3
My sister deleted my coin base app to free up space for her to record her concert videos.

I don’t want to know what’s going on at the moment.Stock market also falling.

Good time to buy 😂.

(If you already have an emergency fund and won’t need the money for a few years. )
Yesterday they announced GDP -0.3% and poss an inflation induced recession so probs best not to 😂

I am tempted to buy into Bitcoin rn for the toddler, I would rather buy funds for us as adults but know husband won’t agree lol. Gonna hold off as think Bitcoin will go lower.

Also wanna flag this thread to @colouredlines who is into crypto x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
BTC down 9% today and about to go below $20k, it's about the level I might buy again

Screenshot_20220615-101629_Chrome.jpg

My sisters stock portfolio is down £1.8k.

Mine only £400 or so.

Downloading the Coinbase app again to see how low my £40 has fallen. 🤣

Reactions: 1
It could easily fall another 50% before it bottoms out with everything happening right now. so much junk crypto.

I yanked everything. 😂 I’m up considerably overall, so will reinvest when i grow some figurative balls.

Anyone heard anything about the Coinbase going bust rumours?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I yanked everything. 😂 I’m up considerably overall, so will reinvest when i grow some figurative balls.

Anyone heard anything about the Coinbase going bust rumours?
I’ve not heard about potential bankruptcy but yeah things look pretty shocking for them, haven’t 18% of staff been let go already? It’s sad, especially considering the sheer volume of money that was spent on that ad.

Don’t love this graph sorry but this is CRO/£, feel really bad for any employees they let go as a huge part of their package is in this coin (at least from the person I know that they offered to…) so they’ve been doubly shafted.

96A643FE-D4B5-4988-A3D1-FD8AE1B94F05.jpeg

We haven't bottomed yet, be careful buying the dip, and please always remember to only invest money that you can forget about.

IMHO, the best and safest buy is Bitcoin. I also recommend buying Solana, but Bitcoin is a safer bet.

BTC down another 7% now. below 19$ k.

it sounds like lots of people knew these job losses would be coming as they paid way above market rates to poach people. crazy. the fall was always going to happen.

They were hiring people just to have them, said they’d pad out roles & responsibilities later they just wanted best in class employees. So I can’t imagine all of them were at capacity work wise as that’s a very chaotic way to grow tech teams.

Can’t wait for the Netflix documentary on it all 😂

They were hiring people just to have them, said they’d pad out roles & responsibilities later they just wanted best in class employees. So I can’t imagine all of them were at capacity work wise as that’s a very chaotic way to grow tech teams.

Can’t wait for the Netflix documentary on it all 😂
I really don't understand what all these people were doing (or planning to be doing seeing as they were probably doing nothing) in their jobs for things like exchanges. I'm shocked at how many people were being employed.

I know someone who was freelancing and said something to do with crypto but they didn't seem to understand it themselves. Next time I see him I'll subtly try to ask more.

Agree, can't wait for a doc to explain it all.

Although I'm still waiting to understand how Mumsnet has 150 employees and what they all do!

• Haha