Cruel Summer

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i've just finished this program, it's on amazon prime in the UK now. similar to pretty little liars, riverdale etc. teen thriller/drama

i absolutely loved it! the ending left me absolutely shook i really didn't expect that 😂
the acting is pretty good by the main girls, couldn't stand Mallory or the actress

i won't say any spoilers but it's easily binge-able in one day, what did everyone think?
Took a couple of episodes for me to really get into it. I agree about Mallory too. Irritating as hell

Reactions: 2
Anyone know if Season 2 of this is on any streaming service in the UK? (It's hard to keep track these days!) I checked Prime but it's not on there. S2 started in the US a few days ago.

Reactions: 1
Anyone know if Season 2 of this is on any streaming service in the UK? (It's hard to keep track these days!) I checked Prime but it's not on there. S2 started in the US a few days ago.
Oooh!! Didn't know this had a season 2. Really hope we get it soon.

Ahhh how did you guys watch it? I’m gonna start a S1 rewatch today.
It's on prime.
You don't need to rewatch S1 it's a completey different story and not related the S1 at all.

I watched the first three or four episodes then just went to the final one to see who it was. Not as good as first series

I watched the first three or four episodes then just went to the final one to see who it was. Not as good as first series
I'm on the last one now. Definitely not as good as the first season, Im even thinking of rewatching it after this was a let down.

Didn't realise there was a S2! I'll stay ready with the fast forward button after what you guys are saying 😂

I've watched both seasons. I like season 1 better than season 2.
Megan's hair was so gross and greasy in the later timeline.
I wasn't expecting either ending.

I've watched both seasons. I like season 1 better than season 2.
Megan's hair was so gross and greasy in the later timeline.
I wasn't expecting either ending.
She reminded me of Jennifer Lawrence in the late timeline with the hair.

I wouldn't mind another season of this but it needs a better story.

Season 1 was a lot better than Season 2. The S2 storyline was pretty weak, it felt low budget throughout, and I didn't even care what happened to Luke.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Finished it, it was good and I liked the soundtrack! But the storyline wasn't as strong as S1 and I found myself getting impatient for the end. Lexi must have been great because I found myself rooting for Isabella pretty much the whole way 😂

Feels like they went for shock value again with the twist at the end but it didn't do it for me this time. We end up with all this mystery around her character and past that will never be explored and also lessens the impact of how toxic the Chambers family were. Somehow felt like the storyline dragged yet was also underdeveloped at the same time e.g. isabella's story, the shift in megan's appearance, thinking parker would have a bigger role than she did etc. Just a few initial reflections!