Cruel Summer

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i've just finished this program, it's on amazon prime in the UK now. similar to pretty little liars, riverdale etc. teen thriller/drama

i absolutely loved it! the ending left me absolutely shook i really didn't expect that 😂
the acting is pretty good by the main girls, couldn't stand Mallory or the actress

i won't say any spoilers but it's easily binge-able in one day, what did everyone think?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I binged this yesterday start to finish 😂 I loved it!

Agree with what you said about Mallory, she was annoying and the actress looked about 30 trying to play a teenager.

One thing I didn’t understand, why did Jamie punch Jeanette the day Kate was found? It was before anything came out about her possibly being linked to the disappearance so it really confused me.

Reactions: 2
I watched it all over 2 days. Loved it!! Ending did shock me and i want to know how long that was before she was free

I watched it all over 2 days. Loved it!! Ending did shock me and i want to know how long that was before she was
I binged this yesterday start to finish 😂 I loved it!

Agree with what you said about Mallory, she was annoying and the actress looked about 30 trying to play a teenager.

One thing I didn’t understand, why did Jamie punch Jeanette the day Kate was found? It was before anything came out about her possibly being linked to the disappearance so it really confused me.
Yer thats what i didnt get he called her a witch and punched her but it wasnt long since kate had been out and she would have been with the police still

Reactions: 3
Binged it in two days as well! Really enjoyed it, especially as it wrapped up the ending.

Only criticism is they all looked so old! Kate didn’t look out of place with the deputy principal at all!

Reactions: 1
All I know is every time I see it come up on Amazon Prime, I have the song by Bananarama going through my head! (Showing my age obvs)
Might give it a watch tho!

Yeah I binged it in 2 days. Much better than I expected. Most of the time these teen dramas are a bit damp but I enjoyed it and the end was good. Loved the soundtrack too.

I really enjoyed it too, wasn’t expecting that ending!! Apparently there’s going to be a second season but not sure where they’d go with that.

Caught me off guard every time I saw the cast though that Kevin Smiths daughter is in fact named Harley Quinn Smith 😂

I absolutely loved it. The ending was absolutely brilliant. Agree with what everyone has said about Mallory - awful character (and actress). I couldn’t help but think of Mandy Moore every time I saw Kate - stunning!!

I really enjoyed it but agree Mallory was very annoying and I also thought Jamie was a bit of a wet blanket.
I was hooked though!

Is the actress that annoying in real life or is she a really good actress at being annoying 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Her voice was terribly annoying, although so was Janette's. Found it hard to watch because of that.

Much preferred Panic which is another teen drama on Prime. If you liked cruel summer you should give that a go.

Reactions: 6
Binge watched this in the past 24 hours. Loved it! The end had me shout ‘WHAT!?!’

agree with everyone’s thoughts on Mallory though, she did make me want to punch her in the face.

• Haha
I heard season 2 is going to be filmed in NYC, I wonder if it’ll be a different cast/story line?

Loved it, I watched it mainly because I turned 16 in 1995 so thought I would be nostalgic but it was disappointing that it wasn't obviously 90s and the characters were far too well groomed for the period. However, the story and the twist was brilliant, kept me hooked throughout. And I loved that they included a Northside song in the soundtrack.

I loved this. Argreed Mallory is punch worthy, but I think she is meant to be.

Loved it, I watched it mainly because I turned 16 in 1995 so thought I would be nostalgic but it was disappointing that it wasn't obviously 90s and the characters were far too well groomed for the period. However, the story and the twist was brilliant, kept me hooked throughout. And I loved that they included a Northside song in the soundtrack.
Completely agree about them being too well groomed - the 1993 Janette is about right to be fair… but after that - I wish I’d transformed like that in 1994 😂 (still waiting for that to happen in 2021)

Only on Ep 5 so far as having to watch it with husband - really want to watch without him to find out what’s going on (and who Annabelle is…?)

I really enjoyed it too, wasn’t expecting that ending!! Apparently there’s going to be a second season but not sure where they’d go with that.

Caught me off guard every time I saw the cast though that Kevin Smiths daughter is in fact named Harley Quinn Smith 😂
Didn't know she is Kevin Smith's daughter. Clocked she was called Harley Quinn

Agree with all that's been said. Brilliant ending and I like that it wasn't completely out of the blue.