Crafting

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m just making some little Halloween cross stitch kits for my Etsy shop at the moment. Looking forward to getting Christmas ones ready.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
How do you find etsy? I've sold some kits on there but business is very slow.
same here! Some months I’m successful and others not so much. I’ve got a little Instagram page and once I’ve made more designs I’m going to try and set a website up but I’m not very tech savvy lol.

Reactions: 1
same here! Some months I’m successful and others not so much. I’ve got a little Instagram page and once I’ve made more designs I’m going to try and set a website up but I’m not very tech savvy lol.
I've found, there's so many on there, it's hard to pinpoint mine without using really specific search words. Otherwise it ends up 8 pages deep!

I’ve been obsessed with dressmaking this year, to the point I’ve had to stop buying summer fabric because it’s getting colder :LOL: This week I am going to make a slouchy cardigan out of French Terry for the first time.

Also on the go I am making a crochet scarf with a wavy stitch - I kind of forgot about crochet this summer whilst sewing, but now it’s getting colder I find myself craving time sat on the sofa with blankets, yarn, a cup of tea :giggle::coffee:

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I'm starting a Call the Midwife crochet blanket this week. I dont like the darker nights so I need to keep occupied. Crochet is ideal, peaceful and mindful 🧶

Reactions: 7
I’ve been obsessed with dressmaking this year, to the point I’ve had to stop buying summer fabric because it’s getting colder :LOL: This week I am going to make a slouchy cardigan out of French Terry for the first time.

Also on the go I am making a crochet scarf with a wavy stitch - I kind of forgot about crochet this summer whilst sewing, but now it’s getting colder I find myself craving time sat on the sofa with blankets, yarn, a cup of tea :giggle::coffee:
I love a bit of dressmaking. I wish I could crochet but last time I tried I nearly chucked it across the room, I just can’t figure it out 😂

Reactions: 3
Right. I don’t have experience either. It looks rather cool though. A Sentro in action:

I’m on the fence over the price and skill level required. I won’t be any help if they run into any problems at all 😂

I love a bit of dressmaking. I wish I could crochet but last time I tried I nearly chucked it across the room, I just can’t figure it out 😂
I know what you mean about crochet - I initially tried when I was a teenager but couldn’t get it, and I remember having a strop about it :LOL: I tried again a few years later and after some practice, it seemed to click...so maybe try again in the future. :)

Opinions on gifting a Sentro to a knitting novice? This is for Christmas.

I’m curious about this too.

Does anyone here do epoxy craft? i really want to try it as tiktok makes it look super easy but I’m not sure!

Reactions: 2
Does anyone here do epoxy craft? i really want to try it as tiktok makes it look super easy but I’m not sure!
I haven't but I keep getting lured into watching those epoxy videos on facebook :ROFLMAO: It looks mesmerising. I'd like to know too.

The sentro is a great gift for a beginner! It’s extremely easy to get the hang of :)

So happy I just noticed this thread! I’m a crafting crazy woman as my husband calls it 😂 I make stitch markers and crochet patterns, plus crochet a lot obviously.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Not sure if this counts / is absolutely insane, but I’ve been considering making my own kitchen cupboard handles using jesomite or coloured concrete…..?! We’ve got horrific knobs that aren’t a standard size so a nice 1:1 replacement isn’t possible without doing something to the doors, and I have major #reno fatigue now.

Has anyone worked with these materials?