Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SoulRebel

VIP Member
I've done a lot of knitting this year, I'm a terrible fidget and find it calming. I made two cot blankets for the grandson I've not yet met (fuck Covid 19) and am currently knitting the animals for Noah's Ark.
During the early mornings and evenings in the summer I rediscovered my love of mosaics and covered two walls in the garden.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 38

ElectricDreams

VIP Member
IMG_20220903_165534.jpg
Finally got round to wiring the electrics on my miniature house. I'm not the neatest electrician on the world but I'm quite proud of it!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 31

Cookiecookie

VIP Member
I made this from a Rolife kit. Working on another of theirs at the moment, and enjoying it.

I crochet too, but forgot to take a picture of the last thing I did, which was a baby blanket for new nephew. Attic24 and BellaCoco are fab for anyone wanting to learn.

Look forward to seeing and hearing about everyone's makes ☺
IMG_20201215_164223_247.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 30

scannertd

So glad I stumbled on this thread, I mainly knit and sporadically sew, and took up a crochet for beginners night class this year.
Just wanted to share my last major project, a 1890 victorian walking suit.
Made this for a Charles Dickens Christmas feast in London, took me weeks, every evening spent sewing.
Flight to London cancelled, that bad weather weekend in Dec when most flights were stopped, so never worn....:cry:
Still upset about it, bastard Ryanair.
20221226_130857.jpg
20221226_130946.jpg
20221226_131120.jpg
20221226_131029.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 30

colouredlines

VIP Member
A thread for sewing, knitting, crochet, embroidery, beading, whittling, whatever you want to share!

Has anyone made anything recently? Projects planned for the new year? I've done very little for the last few months...no motivation to sew as I spent most of 2020 in sweatpants. Gonna try to change that now!

• Heart
Reactions: 25

colouredlines

VIP Member
I'll be honest, I don't get on with many indie sewing pattern companies at all. I know a lot of other people do, though, so that's cool! I'm loving the photos here, especially @SoulRebel's mosaics - wow!!!

(Also, most online sewing spaces are a bit shit, aren't they? There often seems to be nothing in between American women making modest dresses to wear to church and people organising pile-ons because someone didn't declare their pronouns. Oh, and 5000 variants of "I hope hubby doesn't mind that I just bought another 50m of fabric" and people taking photos of bobbins that almost ran out but didn't...can you tell I'm bitter?)

Anyway, I need to dig out some photos. Here's a blanket I knitted a couple of years ago, the pattern is 10-Stitch Blanket by Frankie Brown and the yarn was DROPS but I can't remember beyond that. It was sock weight yarn and took me forever, but I was so happy when I finally finished!

20170402_183453.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
I took a career break in October 2019 and decided to take up knitting. I made a blanket first, just knit squares and sewed them together, then moved on to baby clothes for my nephews and niece and started doing adult clothes in lockdown, although I keep doing the same cardigan because once people see it they all bloody want it 😄 mum taught be knitting when I was very young but never picked it up until I was 38! Better late than never I guess! I’ve attached a few bits I’ve done! I paint a bit too but I find it easier picking up the knitting needles. I’ve done the bobbly cardigan a few times in different colours, about to start another one just waiting on the wool to arrive, I find knitting quite addictive! I’m just a bit slow at projects now I’m back at work 😒 please share more of your projects I’d love to maybe get some inspiration to try something else.
those mosaic murals are unreal I love them!!

Attachments

• Heart

ElectricDreams

VIP Member
I've just spent the last few days building a miniature dolls house kit I bought in a charity shop. I've done a few similar before but this one is huge! I've pretty much finished the structure but really struggling with connecting the electrics! No idea what I'm going to do with it when I'm finished... For a miniature, it's huge!
16601370919236518516706878754864.jpg

• Wow
  • Heart

PumpkinKing

Chatty Member
Didn’t realise there was a craft thread, I made my own a few months ago but forgot about it 😂
So many talented tattlers! I started embroidery this year, my first project was my old converse then I started on the yellow ones which I’ve not finished yet.
EA0300E0-5D22-499B-AD44-B18D202A14E2.jpeg
6171A748-2D06-4A24-8594-4DF72D2BD266.jpeg
01A3E012-2223-414B-AB22-92301D730EDA.jpeg

I tried crocheting as I’ve seen some gorgeous things on Pinterest but I just cannot get the hang of it. I’ve asked my mum if she will teach me to knit, my closest friend is having a baby early next year and I’d love to be able to make a blanket or something for them.
I also want to try making a resin key ring with flowers from my sisters funeral but need to do more research as don’t want to mess up and ruin them.

• Heart

Minky McMoneypenny

I've done very little craft-wise this past year, despite all good intentions. I had to give up knitting and crochet because I'm an awkward knitter and ende up with RSI.
I've done a bit of pyrography though, to personalise an Xmas gift for someone.

Josie George on twitter has finished the 2020 weather scarf. It's a thing of beauty!

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Professor Slop

I meant to post some of my cross stitches here to show you all ages ago! I do have a story about one of the chart suppliers I used to use but I don't want to take over the thread with multiple posts, so I'll hang fire til I've reminded myself of all the twists and turns!
xs f2a.jpg

This is my current work in progress - 3 years into it, just over halfway done. The original art is Farewell to Anger by Leonid Afremov.
xs got.jpg

One I did for a friend retiring from work, massive GoT fan!
xs stairs.png

Above my stairs on the landing.

I have more but I feel like I've taken enough space already! 😂 😂 Love seeing all your work and sharing with fellow enthusiasts!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 20

Ekkwhine

VIP Member
I crochet blankets and have just started teaching myself sock knitting

forgot to add my socks. They’re far from perfect but considering I’d never knitted before and literally sat googling stitch for stitch I’m insanely proud of them 😂

Wonky socks:

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Aboveallelse

Hello crafty people. My first love was sewing but I find it quite hard work plus it takes up a lot space and needs a lot of equipment. These days I'm a avid crocheter (learnt 5 years ago) but I've always wanted to learn knitting. It looks so complicated to me, worried it will challenge my brain too much so I'm yet to try it.
Here are some of my lockdown accomplishments 😬 hope you like....

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart

Piff paff puff

VIP Member
Went to buy a sun hat with the imminent heatwave in mind and they've taken them off the shelves already 😐
So I had an idea to make on from a re usable shopping bag :D
I just did it freehand and it took most of the day and if you don't look to closely.........
Anyway, I'll try it down at the beach today :cool:☀
I'm quite pleased with it :)might add the shopping handles to trim at a later date if it holds out
IMG_20220810_075028.jpg

• Heart

colouredlines

VIP Member
Bobbles are easy - just working increases and decreases into the same stitch - but tedious. You'll get the hang of them quickly, then swear off them for a looooong time when you finish the project.

Here are some pics from 2 or 3 years ago...I was sewing a lot, mostly cotton dresses in various New Look patterns, and also knitting a lot of cropped cardigans. I still have these, but my style's changed a bit (maybe another reason why I haven't been crafting much lately?). I have a jacket that I started a year ago and is about 80% done, I'll try to finish it this week to give myself a kick up the ass!

PS I had fallen over running not long before these photos were taken, hence the scabby knee!

Attachments

• Heart

Professor Slop

Of the ones that I can find (some are in my mam's loft from my teenage/early 20s stitching).

xs miners.png

Did this for my mam, it's on her wall. My grandad was a miner and it reminds her of him. ❤

xs tyne.png

This one I did for my grandad a few years before he died as a christmas present. Was on his wall, now on my mam's wall too.

xs room.png

This is in my front room, one of the Chinese immortals. Terrible pic but OH is asleep on the sofa so can't take a clearer one right now!

xstitch law.jpg

This is what I'm working on at the moment in breaks from the gigantic Afremov piece. These are artworks by Stephanie Pui Min Law, left to right these are Spring, Autumn and Winter. Working on Summer at the moment then I think I might frame them separately and display them going up the stairs. Open for suggestions though!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 17

TheStrawberryThief

If you are beginning any craft, do not beat yourself up If it takes time to get the results you want. Some people are amazing from the get go, others take more time.

When I first started I saw someone on reddit say something I found incredibly helpful, you don't have to be good at your hobbies, you just have to enjoy doing them. I try and remember this when I am getting annoyed at myself for the way my work looks ( it doesn't always work, the pattern nearly had me crying last week until I realised how silly I was being and put it away for the night)

I have been crocheting for just under 2 years. Each time I finish something I think it the peak of what I can do, and then the next thing blows it out of the water. I am proud of how far I have came from my first scrappy and uneven Granny squares, but I have still far to go on a journey that might take years but that is okay.

• Heart

JoanieDee

I’m addicted to sewing and knitting. I’ve been knitting for a year now but I’m very new to sewing. Below are a few of my knitting projects. I’ve just finished sewing a gorgeous top over the weekend using Merchant and Mills gingham. (Will post a picture when I have one, I’m so proud of it! 😂) The gingham trousers in the photo below are also Merchant and Mills.
DB8468B1-9322-45EC-AAC5-FB6D850AEA96.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow