Covid positive housemate - help

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One of my housemate had covid and went into the kitchen to go and wore a mask and we kept our distance from him. And he mostly stayed in his bedroom; it was during summer so he also sat outside in the garden a lot of time too.
But neither me and the other housemates didn’t get it and this was before we got the jab.

i know it might be stressful but just wipe everything down after you use it, keep your distance- you’ll be fine!

Reactions: 2
I live in a houseshare and had covid. Honestly, staying in my room was horrible. My boyfriend caught it from me so the two of us spent 10 days trying to work from my bed. We’d try to be as considerate as possible ie we’d text my housemates to say we were going to cook meals and would be in the communal area for X amount of time but it was really bleeping hard. I get that you’re scared but she probably is too, and she’s unwell.

If it makes you feel any better, none of my housemates caught it.

Reactions: 6
Can understand your concerns completely but that is her house at the end of the day so she doesn’t really have to confined to her room 24/7. She could of course be considerate and wipe stuff down/wear a mask but not everyone is that considerate and no matter how much you tell them they just won’t listen. I think for my own peace of mind I’d want to be wiping stuff down myself anyway though and maybe even wear a mask if I felt it necessary. Can you open windows in the communal areas? That may help.
That being said I know so many households where one person has had covid and nobody else has caught it and they weren’t staying apart much because it just wasn’t possible so it doesn’t mean you’re 100% going to get it.

Reactions: 2
When you live in a house with other people, you have to accept that you might get Covid if someone in that household comes down with it. It shouldn’t really make a difference that this person isn’t a friend or family member. If you live in a house of people, you can’t just treat someone like a leper if they happen to get it. You wouldn’t treat your mum this way, so why her?

With all that said, she should wear a mask when leaving her room if she can possibly manage to do so.

Reactions: 4