Covid jab

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Firstly sorry if there's all ready a page on this

Am due my 1st jab next week and I really dont want to have it done am worried about the possible side effects i hate needles also am already poorly I have been for the last few months am worried that the jab will male me worse. I feel like am being bullied by my family to have it done even tho am in my 30s am at a cross roads do it for the peace and quite or run down nope no not having it done lane

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I’m 30 and haven’t booked mine. I’m not an anti vaxer by any means I just feel like I wanna see how this all pans out. I’m in good health so I don’t feel like I need it urgently. If you don’t want it don’t get it!! Just tell your family you had it 😅

Also there looks to be a thread already which you might like reading!

Reactions: 2
Firstly sorry if there's all ready a page on this

Am due my 1st jab next week and I really dont want to have it done am worried about the possible side effects i hate needles also am already poorly I have been for the last few months am worried that the jab will male me worse. I feel like am being bullied by my family to have it done even tho am in my 30s am at a cross roads do it for the peace and quite or run down nope no not having it done lane
Don't get it. It's your body your choice and no one else's business.

Reactions: 2
Very sorry to hear that your family are like this. Your body your choice. For a quiet life I’ve told vaccine campaigners that I’ve had first jab awaiting second when it’s time, just do this.

Hiya,
firstly always remember it is your body and your choice! If you don't want it, you should not get it because of other people, even if those people are family. You should also let someone know about feeling poorly, as they might not give you the jab then.

I‘m not going to try and persuade you but I am going to share my experience because I think it is important to have different experiences as well as all the data when making a decision.

I am 24 and had both my jabs now (Biontech/Pfizer). The first one I was nervous but did not feel the needle at all! I was feeling a bit faint afterwards but that was most likely just a general reaction (I passed out getting my ears pierced). Side effect wise I was tired for a few days and had a horribly sore arm for about 48 hours but apart from that nothing. My mom and bf who had it at the same time had only a very mild sore arm and that was it.

The second jab I felt the needle much more, but still not what I would consider painful however the side effects were more severe. My arm was really sore again (I also had mosquito bites which I react to quite strongly so the discomfort did not just come from the jab), had a mild fever the first night and was extremely fatigued + bad headache for almost a week. I really struggled with the fatigue but it's been 10 days now and I feel absolutely fine and fit again. My mom was fine again, my bf had a high fever for a few hours but other than that nothing again.

Personally I never questioned whether I'd get it when it became available to me but if you have concerns about certain things I can only advise you to talk to someone in the health care system you trust (a GP / nurse (friend) perhaps). I know it is tempting but do not fall down the rabbit hole of certain websites as there is obviously bs being posted daily on both sides!

I hope you will be able to make the right decision for you (and only you) and that your family will respect it ❤

It should always be your choice. There is no shame in waiting until you have more info or in never having it.

Absolutely your decision, I would also suggest speaking to your GP though and discussing your concerns, especially if you have been poorly and they can advise as well.