Covid 19 - will you be booking trips/going out as things reopen?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
London in October and November! I’ll probably not go abroad until next year though. I don’t want to go somewhere and spend my money and not get the full experience. London is somewhere I have go so much I don’t mind if some things aren’t available.

Yes good point. We haven't got anywhere "new booked" I think I would prefer to go somewhere I am familiar with and where I know nice quiet places to visit away from the crowds.

I have a week booked in Malta in December. Before that I’ll be staying very local and maybe only venturing to shops once they’re open and get a little quieter.
Eugh I am not even thinking far enough forwards to have even considered our Christmas trip yet.

I really hope we can visit Wales soon too, it's our favourite UK holiday destination.

Reactions: 1
When Travelodge reopens I’m going to have a few days in Bath. Don’t think abroad is wise until early next year I wouldn’t risk it

Reactions: 2
Probably not booking holidays but visiting non essential shops, yes. My local Starbucks opened a week ago and I've already been there 4 times.

It's not a drive thru but a store in a shopping centre...

Probably not booking holidays but visiting non essential shops, yes. My local Starbucks opened a week ago and I've already been there 4 times.

It's not a drive thru but a store in a shopping centre...
If I had to go to Starbucks for coffee i've wasted £500 on a coffee machine and I hate wasting money;)

If I had to go to Starbucks for coffee i've wasted £500 on a coffee machine and I hate wasting money;)
I don't have a coffee machine anyway 🤣

I don't go just for the coffee but the social aspect, I'm a regular there so I've gotten to know the baristas very well! Always have a chat with them!

Oh duck. There goes my theory. So in answer to the original question, no. I won’t be going anywhere.
looks like the original article is here -https://jbhandleyblog.com/home/lockdownlunacy

the sources they’ve quoted and taken information from look credible to me. I’ve already been back to the gym and restaurants (I’m in the states) and would happily travel by plane as soon as routes reopen.

looks like the original article is here -https://jbhandleyblog.com/home/lockdownlunacy

the sources they’ve quoted and taken information from look credible to me. I’ve already been back to the gym and restaurants (I’m in the states) and would happily travel by plane as soon as routes reopen.
How do you feel about the first website quoted and their anti vaccination propoganda which is now killing children?

I have a caravan holiday in October and it looks as though it may still go ahead. A lot of them are opening but none of the facilities are. If this is the case we’re still going to go though.

J.B.Handley is not a credible source:

There is a lot more out there on this dangerous crank.

I'm a retired nurse and really hate quacks and anti-vaxxers as you may have gathered.

As soon as things are open I'll be there.

I have an unlimited cinema membership and used to go 1 or 2 times a week so I'm very excited use that again at some point (hopefully in time for all the Halloween horror releases!)

I did have a trip to Orlando booked in october but will be moving that to 2021, however if nearer the time all inclusive holidays have looser restrictions (aka the buffets are allowed 😂) i will be booking one.

Also had a few west end shows cancelled so would like to get those back on the calender.

After 11 weeks with 4 children and another 13 weeks to go until September when the schools hopefully reopen, I am in desperate need of me-time/retail therapy so I will be out as soon as the shops open on the 15th. My husband has that week off work so I will be out as much as possible. My mental health has taken a dive these past few weeks and I will really appreciate some time for myself to do the things I enjoy.

• Heart
Mental health issues have shot through the roof. My wife retired a senior mental health nurse and got called back to run a crisis assessment team because of the extra demands on the service.

Take care bubbadabut.

• Heart
Mental health issues have shot through the roof. My wife retired a senior mental health nurse and got called back to run a crisis assessment team because of the extra demands on the service.

Take care bubbadabut.
Thank you ❤ This has all made me realise the importance of needing breathing space and taking time for yourself where possible.

I imagine there will be a massive call for mental health services for a very long time after all this is over. I am grateful to all those who have come back to the medical profession to help during this crisis.

My husband is a doctor and a couple of days ago had a child protection issue. He had to speak to a doctor on the paediatric ward and was told that they currently have a record number of children on the ward whose parents have been arrested for harming them. 😢

• Sad
Our daughter is a charge nurse and her 'BFF' is a social worker and they are swamped at the moment :(

• Sad
J.B.Handley is not a credible source:

There is a lot more out there on this dangerous crank.

I'm a retired nurse and really hate quacks and anti-vaxxers as you may have gathered.
I don’t believe any of the anti-vaccine stuff, and I agree that anyone spouting this stuff is dangerous. Didn’t realise who JB Handley was to be honest. But if you look at where his data sources are from, JP Morgan etc, they’re legitimate. It’s already been proven that Neil Ferguson’s coronavirus modelling was completely inaccurate, he has previous form for making wild predictions about pandemics.