Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Northeast1988

VIP Member
I have my honeymoon booked for October
If they have took away the 14 day quarantine.and relaxed the borders , I’m out of here lol

• Haha
Reactions: 4

hrh89

VIP Member
When Travelodge reopens I’m going to have a few days in Bath. Don’t think abroad is wise until early next year I wouldn’t risk it

Reactions: 2

neo_wales

Our daughter is a charge nurse and her 'BFF' is a social worker and they are swamped at the moment :(

• Sad
Reactions: 1
We had a cruise booked for July but we cancelled back when lockdown first began. Such a shame as we were going with My parents 😪

• Sad

Bubble And Squeak

I don’t think I will go abroad for a while due to the fact prices will go up and won’t be the same experience as we could class as a ‘normal’ holiday abroad. However, I will be going camping in Scotland as it’s so beautiful here and for ages I’ve said I want to see more of my country. As soon as they lift the restrictions on camping me and my boyfriend will be packing up the car. I mean how more isolated can you be out in the wild camping!

I don’t think I will be going to pubs/restaurants as soon as they open, or going clothes shopping. Again because I don’t want to get use to this ‘new normal’ I am hoping that things will go back to the usual normal maybe by next year IF they come up with any vaccine or treatment

Keiffers pipe

London in October and November! I’ll probably not go abroad until next year though. I don’t want to go somewhere and spend my money and not get the full experience. London is somewhere I have go so much I don’t mind if some things aren’t available.

Yes good point. We haven't got anywhere "new booked" I think I would prefer to go somewhere I am familiar with and where I know nice quiet places to visit away from the crowds.

I have a week booked in Malta in December. Before that I’ll be staying very local and maybe only venturing to shops once they’re open and get a little quieter.
Eugh I am not even thinking far enough forwards to have even considered our Christmas trip yet.

I really hope we can visit Wales soon too, it's our favourite UK holiday destination.

neo_wales

Probably not booking holidays but visiting non essential shops, yes. My local Starbucks opened a week ago and I've already been there 4 times.

It's not a drive thru but a store in a shopping centre...
If I had to go to Starbucks for coffee i've wasted £500 on a coffee machine and I hate wasting money;)

message me too

I personally have booked a week down south camping for my wedding anniversary the week that campsites reopen. I am a key worker and have been under a lot of extreme pressure during this pandemic, I have stuck strictly to every rule and regulation, and in the weeks running up to lock down had stopped leaving my house aside from work before we were advised to do so. I have done as I am supposed to for so long now I don’t see why I shouldn’t take part in things that are being reopened as seen fit, especially activities that I do to mainly get away from busy places and others. I need some normality in my life before I seriously crack.
Will you be doing things you used to do as and when you used to? Or will you continue to stay indoors and comply with an unenforced lock down?
Stay safe everyone!

Admin please can this be deleted I didn’t even look at the covid thread and noticed this is a hot topic on there so no need to have its own thread!

Last edited:

neo_wales

Mental health issues have shot through the roof. My wife retired a senior mental health nurse and got called back to run a crisis assessment team because of the extra demands on the service.

Take care bubbadabut.

• Heart

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Mental health issues have shot through the roof. My wife retired a senior mental health nurse and got called back to run a crisis assessment team because of the extra demands on the service.

Take care bubbadabut.
Thank you ❤ This has all made me realise the importance of needing breathing space and taking time for yourself where possible.

I imagine there will be a massive call for mental health services for a very long time after all this is over. I am grateful to all those who have come back to the medical profession to help during this crisis.

My husband is a doctor and a couple of days ago had a child protection issue. He had to speak to a doctor on the paediatric ward and was told that they currently have a record number of children on the ward whose parents have been arrested for harming them. 😢

• Sad

bubbadabut

VIP Member
After 11 weeks with 4 children and another 13 weeks to go until September when the schools hopefully reopen, I am in desperate need of me-time/retail therapy so I will be out as soon as the shops open on the 15th. My husband has that week off work so I will be out as much as possible. My mental health has taken a dive these past few weeks and I will really appreciate some time for myself to do the things I enjoy.

• Heart

neo_wales

We have a holiday home on Gran Canaria and don't plan going there until some time in 2021 and if quarentine is still in place I'll stay three months to make the trip worth it instead of the usual four weeks.

A few days ago I would have said no way, but these past couple of days I’ve read some things that have started to make me query this whole covid 19 pandemic. I may well do.
What have you heard about this 'whole covid 19 pandemic'? Hopefully not some BS dreamt up by someone sat at home wearing a tin foil hat, please share what you heard, enlighten the rest of us.

neo_wales

looks like the original article is here -https://jbhandleyblog.com/home/lockdownlunacy

the sources they’ve quoted and taken information from look credible to me. I’ve already been back to the gym and restaurants (I’m in the states) and would happily travel by plane as soon as routes reopen.
J.B.Handley is not a credible source:

There is a lot more out there on this dangerous crank.

I'm a retired nurse and really hate quacks and anti-vaxxers as you may have gathered.

Hobbitsies

London in October and November! I’ll probably not go abroad until next year though. I don’t want to go somewhere and spend my money and not get the full experience. London is somewhere I have go so much I don’t mind if some things aren’t available.