Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Shugsyshalone

VIP Member
I enjoyed a post earlier about a girl waiting for her abs to come through.
Someone suggested belly fat is due to stress 😂

some people Will never see an ab in their life because of their genetics!

i honestly think some of these women think they’ll look like Courtney if they do the workouts but Courtney has worked very hard in the gym for years weight lifting. Courtney is just maintaining right now
Part of the idea that they think they will look like her is because she does kind of push that idea to her followers. I think most of us women have been there, follow the fitness guru and you will look like a goddess in a month. Whether these people like it or not being a fitness instagrammer comes with a responsibility to make sure they are not encouraging toxic relationships with food, body image and exercise. Courtney seems to be going down the road of money over responsibility at the minute which is disappointing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3

TruffleTrifle

I really liked Courtney at the start but I agree with people on here she seems to have changed and I don't know if anyone agrees but doing 2 workouts a day is not healthy and it's a very toxic to make others believe you have to work out twice a day to see results especially doing intense hiit training with one rest day. The group on fb is full of women beating themselves up if they've missed a day so doing 3 / 4 workouts A DAY 😳 absolutely crazy. And I cannot belive some are eating about 1,000 - 1,200 calories a day and doing that much exercise. This sort of stuff should not be promoted.
I am evangelical about her workouts sometimes because for me they have worked but I do get anxious if I skip a day or two if work is busy. I do other stuff too like running, bouldering and hiking so I’m trying to keep it balanced as well. I do wonder how some people will keep their new regimes going when they return to their usual merrygoround of busy job, kids to and from school and activities and social lives.

Lovethegossxoxo

I ended up subscribing to the app and I have to say, im glad I did as means I can do the workouts anytime: she must be making a mint from this but I really like her, she works hard and makes working out fun (well as much as it can be). Not sure I’ll use much else on the app, maybe the occasional recipe but probably not the other workouts as I need someone to motivate me which the live workouts do.

LittleMissH

I've got her app and I'm doing her 28 day challenge. I'm also a member of her fb group. Her lives throughout lockdown have really helped me and I enjoy some of the recipes on the app.

Someone made a post this morning in the FB about the music and how it's always the same songs and she got absolutely rinsed by Courtneys army about being negative. It was a bit of mob mentality and I don't like that. Girl was expressing her opinion. She ended her statement with about putting her on mute which I thought was a joke but who knows.

I like Courtney but I do think she needs to stop with this whole diet culture. Shes very young and you can tell. Also the ads make me swipe past.... Its very annoying but I guess she is like the rest of these instagrammers etc. Her workouts are fab and she does encourage me to work harder. I wish she'd concentrate on explaining them a bit slower especially the boxing round and maybe concentrate on form more but that's a tiny niggle.
This really shocked me!! Couldn’t believe the amount of people going in on the girl just for saying she didn’t like the music?

I did like that Courtney put a post up saying don’t have a go at people for expressing their opinions and to leave her alone

hello12345_2

You’re literally posting tweets from when she was 12/13.

enough of cancel culture already, plenty of other BS to call her out on
They are more like age 17/18. Agreed she may disagree with them now, I was just using them to back up my point that I have been around her on holidays in Ibiza and marbs in the last few years and she comes across as very ‘mean girl’.
Although I’m sure anyone that followed her prior to her lockdown success would have seen a change in her behaviour

Shugsyshalone

VIP Member
I have been doing her workouts since the start of lock down they are really good but now I am really put off I feel she’s going to turn into a Instagram ‘influencer. Just seen a paid ad for her promoting ‘beauty supplements’ and all this crap. I can understand her doing it she gets paid for it but I feel this lockdown has gone to her head a bit of she sees herself as a celeb now
I use the app for workouts but I find the meal plan a little bit ill-conceived. A few of my friends and me decided to get the app to do the workouts together but none of us are the same weight or build or fitness level but the app gave us all the same generic meal plan and daily calories.
Some of the 7 Day transformation photos on her page are absolutely ludicrous and dare I say it irresponsible to promote such extremes in a week of exercising.

Theteawithz

She really dry humps my last nerve. She’s just an annoying little girl. She is deffo got hyperactive disorder. If I acted like a dick 24/7 on Instagram doing awkward dances I’d get a kick on the vag. Apparently Courtney is a catfish, heard from someone who met her a few times she looks nothing like that, all good angles and bright lights 🤷🏼‍♀️

I follow the fb group and it’s scary how little these people know about exercise/diet /nutrition. Some of the people trying to ‘help’ are giving terrible and untrue advice! Not sure I like this ‘community’ aspect.

something that keeps Coming up time and time again is‘I’m not burning as many cals as Courtney’ or ‘what setting should I have my watch on to burn more calories’ ....... unbelievable 🤦🏽‍♀️
oh don’t 🤦🏼‍♀️ If they are signed up to her app surely she would have a disclaimer or even help the people paying for it.

Not everyone will burn the same amount of cals. It’s all about how hard you work.

And as for the 1200 cals per day wow!!!! I’m a PT and would never ever put one of my clients on 1200 cals Per day. 1200 cals would be more for if someone does a body building show and that would be around the 3/4 week mark!!

Last edited:

Shugsyshalone

VIP Member
Anyone following her home workouts still? They’ve done me a world of good during this lockdown!

MollyCross

I was sceptical and thought she might get annoying, but I am well and truly on the bandwagon. Had done a few of her workouts during lockdown but now signed up to the app for the 28 day challenge. Really like the flexibility of doing the workouts when I want to and not at 8am. Finding the workouts brutal but really enjoying it and planning to stick with it for the remainder of the challenge.

Shugsyshalone

VIP Member
She seems burnt out and it’s reflecting on her workouts! They’re getting really repetitive
I think she over complicates the workouts and she’s even getting bored with them herself

Before I wou

yes I’ve been feeling like that since last month. Also I don’t think her app is that advanced compared to a lot around. So I’ve unsubscribed. A few members on here mentioned how Courtney talks about diet culture I disagreed at the time. But they were absolutely right. Everything is about calorie counting, eat this not that. Even on one of her posts she says butter is bad fat. I was absolutely flabbergasted if you have grass fed butter it’s really good for you. Her knowledge is pretty basic compared to other fitness gurus and I feel she’s pushing her agenda on other young people and I think it’s dangerous. I think a lot of girls who idolise her are going to have issues with food. She’s a lovely girl, great energy but I don’t want to obsessed with what I eat, how many steps and constantly hit training which I don’t think is good for you no matter how fit you. Thank you for the assistance during the beginning lockdown. I wish her the best just I can’t deal with diet culture it’s very dangerous and super misleading. We as women have enough to deal with.
I really dislike any diet culture chat from PTs. I don’t think a lot of people realise that being a qualified nutritionist after doing a course online is not the same as being a qualified DIETICIAN who has a degree under their belt. Everybody is different and some people react better to a high carb diet. Others are more suited to low carb but higher fat. But Her diets and workouts are one size fits all.
I used to religiously follow Courtney and was using her meal plans and realised I was creeping into eating disorder danger zone with my diet so decided to stop.

Last edited:
  • Heart

LittleMissH

I follow the fb group and it’s scary how little these people know about exercise/diet /nutrition. Some of the people trying to ‘help’ are giving terrible and untrue advice! Not sure I like this ‘community’ aspect.

something that keeps Coming up time and time again is‘I’m not burning as many cals as Courtney’ or ‘what setting should I have my watch on to burn more calories’ ....... unbelievable 🤦🏽‍♀️

Oh my god I’m in it too - the amount of people saying they “are used to only ever having 1200 calories a day” absolute madness!!! Some of the posts are just crazy

• Wow

TruffleTrifle

Started her app 3 weeks ago and been following the diet advice. The calories it limits me to is about 1400 but when I log my food that’s just my normal meals and replacing my biscuits and crisps with low fruit and veg. I’ve been getting on fine, clothes are definitely looser, lost 3 kilos. She is a bit loud but I love that she does the workout with you, obviously gets tired during, she’s more human than any trainer I’ve had in a gym!!

Reactions: 2

LittleMissH

She definitely works hard and I think her work ethic is impressive. However, I think she’s really got lost in the diet message during lockdown as she’s gained more followers and I think she’s losing herself in it again.

She is definitely just so obsessed with how she looks, eating and exercising and I think these challenges and app workouts are justifying her behaviour. She says she eats over 2k calories a day but when she posts her food, that is not 2k calories! It’s so deceptive to her audience and I don’t think it portrays a great picture to young and impressionable women who probably have slight doubts about their appearance anyway.

I try to do her workouts but they’re way too jumpy, full of weird movements that feel unneedly difficult (even though I’m far from an exercise ‘beginner’) and her constant bursts of laughter is just erratic behaviour! Plus I can’t deal with how many times she says yeah 🤣

I agree with this! I absolutely hate the challenges I just want to work out as normal! So I have been doing the older workouts and her language is so different!! No talk of calories or “what doesn’t challenge you won’t change you” just the normal fun workouts! Think she seems to have changed a lot recently which is sad

LittleMissH

I have really enjoyed this weeks workouts! Boxing was great.

the posts on her group are scary though, so much misinformation spread it’s quite scary (not from her, from followers)
Totally agree! That Facebook group is terrible

Imah

Chatty Member
I wonder if she’ll go back to PT post lockdown, can’t imagine as she must be raking it in now

LittleMissH

Love love love her workouts and I’m also signed up to the app! However I agree with the diet culture language comment! I saw one yesterday I think and she’d posted a lot of before and afters and the caption was something like “don’t go reaching for the snack cupboard look at these instead!!!” I thought that was a bit shit

Shugsyshalone

VIP Member
I was sceptical and thought she might get annoying, but I am well and truly on the bandwagon. Had done a few of her workouts during lockdown but now signed up to the app for the 28 day challenge. Really like the flexibility of doing the workouts when I want to and not at 8am. Finding the workouts brutal but really enjoying it and planning to stick with it for the remainder of the challenge.
The workouts are brilliant! I’ve always loved her workouts and have followed her for years. It’s just the pushing of the app and the dodgy before and after photos that I am not keen about.

maddiebsc

Her instagram post today promoting where to donate to the Lebanon disaster, but had a photo of her posing with her bum stuck out, kinda rubbed me up the wrong way? It’s amazing she’s doing something to raise awareness but why the photo? It seemed a bit insensitive to me. I had initially scrolled past it thinking it was another posey photo and then realised the resources. Apologies that this isn’t fitness related and if I’m the only one who feels this way (goes for all influencers though imo)

Whatever123

VIP Member
Regarding diet culture language, yes she is very open about her past eating disorder which is fantastic however unfortunately diet culture is so ingrained in society, half the time people don’t even realise that what they’re saying is planting diet culture into your mind; this is true with Courtney. She’s still very young (not much younger than me, mind) and it’s very difficult to distance yourself from this type of language, especially if you have have struggled with disordered eating in the past.
Things I’ve noticed are ‘burn off the calories you had on the weekend!!’ Or ‘guys, I ate so much this weekend!’ With an undertone off guilt.

I truly believe she wants to help people, and I don’t think she says these things purposefully, but she needs to work on the things she says as she really does have a huge (adoring) audience.

I really think her workouts are great and she does deserve every penny! It’s clear she works extremely hard.

in terms of advertising the watch, i think she’ll learn from that. From the comments I read from her on the fb group, it seems she had tried to help people out regarding orders etc. Unfortunately, the company may have sent her a better product and she really did think it was decent for the price. I’ve seen this happen with other influencers and other products like fake air pods etc.