Coronavirus - living alone? Join our thread!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Happy birthday 🥳 but so sorry to hear about your dad. Really hope he recovers soon, I’m sure he’s in good hands and the hospital are doing the best they can for him. ❤
And a Happy Birthday 🥳 from me too. Hope your dad recovers soon - he really is in the best place xx

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Guys can I vent?

As I said before my partner is a front line worker. The last few weeks hes been leaving the house at 6am home at 8pm he gets dinner shower in bed and sleeping for 9pm. 6 days a week. My friends all have kids or partners at home with them.

I'm really struggling. I'm so lonely. My anxiety is crippling. I reach out to them but they are too busy or too stressed with the kids to respond. They act as if I am in the best scenario and think I shouldn't complain! I try to express how isolated I feel but they sneer and tell me "try having kids to entertain".

Its honestly made me retreat even further. I know how stressed they must be. I've even sent them care packages. I check in on them regularly. But when I get nothing in return i feel pretty hopeless.

Am I being dramatic? Before this they were great friends so I'm trying not to underestimate the toll its taking on them. I guess I just feel hurt and alone.

Thanks for letting me vent.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Guys can I vent?

As I said before my partner is a front line worker. The last few weeks hes been leaving the house at 6am home at 8pm he gets dinner shower in bed and sleeping for 9pm. 6 days a week. My friends all have kids or partners at home with them.

I'm really struggling. I'm so lonely. My anxiety is crippling. I reach out to them but they are too busy or too stressed with the kids to respond. They act as if I am in the best scenario and think I shouldn't complain! I try to express how isolated I feel but they sneer and tell me "try having kids to entertain".

Its honestly made me retreat even further. I know how stressed they must be. I've even sent them care packages. I check in on them regularly. But when I get nothing in return i feel pretty hopeless.

Am I being dramatic? Before this they were great friends so I'm trying not to underestimate the toll its taking on them. I guess I just feel hurt and alone.

No you are not being too dramatic. Everyone is going through this and you have just as much right to be lonely, upset and lost, even more so because you don't get too see your partner. I find in difficult situations your friends can become selfish and get too wrapped up in themselves to care. I had that too with my friends. I sometimes feel completely out of the loop because I am one of the only ones that have kids and I feel all my friends do things and go places that is either a too expensive for me to to too or awkward if I have to bring th kids because my husband works alot. I did speak to them about it one day, I just laid out it all in a message and they responded with how sorry that had been and how they would try and acknowledge me more. Talk to them, don't rant or rave. Just say hey look guys I know your busy but.... And tell them how you feel.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Guys can I vent?

You are not being dramatic. I cannot stand this narrative that people are pedalling, that there is some sort of hierarchy as to who has it worse off and who is entitled to be struggling. I can completely understand how difficult this must be for you. I think this lockdown has shown a lot of people’s true colours.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
You are not being dramatic. I cannot stand this narrative that people are pedalling, that there is some sort of hierarchy as to who has it worse off and who is entitled to be struggling. I can completely understand how difficult this must be for you. I think this lockdown has shown a lot of people’s true colours.
I actually could quote Lizzie from pride and prejudice, There are few people whom I really love, and still fewer of whom I think well. The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it. This quote speaks volumes to me at the minute.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Thank you ladies. I remember someone once told me the sooner you realise you can rely on no one but yourself the happier you will be. Its true. It just sucks.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Thank you ladies. I remember someone once told me the sooner you realise you can rely on no one but yourself the happier you will be. Its true. It just sucks.
Very true! A very wise friend of mine says ‘Never rely on anyone else for your happiness’ which is similar.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Just watched a Panorama about a hospital in Coventry, what I couldnt understand as they showed the thursday clap, so many people standing shoulder to shoulder, literally hundreds of doctors nurses paramedics police and fire personnel, what happened to the 2 m rule, they are doI get an amazing job but they too should be socially distancing when not wearing the PPE

Reactions: 1
Everyone doing these video chats I've legit been on to a friend for 3 hours and we are just doing our in thing in silence - wanna hang up but feel bad but I would rather have my telly on 😂 hope you all are doing OK x

I've always believed this. Up until I met my husband when I was 24. I was on my own. I never had a serious boyfriend prior to this and I moved away from my home country completely on my own. It was scary but I am glad I did it. I did so much and loved the fact that I could just go offcon a jolly when and where I wanted, I didn't have to work around someone else's schedule. Don't get me wrong I am happily married now but I loved that I got to do that part of my life and even now I know if I ever get out in the position where I am alone again, I can do it. My mum married my dad and left home, when he died she was completely lost as she had never been alone. That broke my heart.

Reactions: 1