Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For those that are stocking up on tins etc, how much are you getting in? Enough for two weeks or more? I don't understand why people are getting water? I'm going to sound stupid, but surely unless EVERYONE that works at the water plant thing (told you; stupid) or someone does something to infect the water supply (not coronavirus) then there's no need to stockpile water?

I want to stockpile, but my husband is so laid-back he doesn't want to. Better to be prepared and not need it than need it and not have it though, right?!
I just went out and bought more pasta, rice, soup, tinned toms, pasta sauce, long life fruit juice, instant mash and meat for the freezer 🤷‍♀️ I've popped the dry/tinned/jarred in a cardboard box separately so that my gannets don't raid it and filled the cupboards as normal (couple of weeks worth of average shopping) I felt a bit silly but I'd rather have extra food in and not need it than be worried about having to shop if it becomes worse. I've decided that there's no harm in having it in. I also bought more Dettol wipes to keep in the car for trolley handles and the like. I intend to get cat food and maybe some more frozen/tinned fruit and veg. I refuse to call it panic buying though. More that I am taking precautions. I figured it can't do any harm even if other people think it's over the top atm.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
View attachment 90721
Further info explaining its to deep clean? It doesn’t make sense to me either 🤔
yes it sounds like it’s for a deep clean but schools haven’t been advised to close even in thIs circumstance. Another school closed and they were told they shouldn’t have. It’s very tough. Ultimately it’s going to happen and it’s going to get worse before it gets better. I think you need to make the decision for yourself about your own children if the government are not being clear on this.

where are the new 10 cases? I can’t find anything about it! I think in a way it’s encouraging that most of them are people who have been in an infected country and it hasn’t yet passed to others here. I know a few have but the majority haven’t. Scary for those who’s kids schools are being affected but I’d probs pull them out for the foreseeable

Yel

I hate online food shopping, but ordering some more tins and dried stuff :LOL:

Sainsburys £18 off a £60 shop with SCSSEO31BEF (valid for orders delivered on or before 05/03/2020) if you're a new customer - https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries

I think they're just waiting for it to really explode then, bring in meassures

where are the new 10 cases?
The gov haven't said, they delay when they release this information.

Reactions: 2
where are the new 10 cases? I can’t find anything about it! I think in a way it’s encouraging that most of them are people who have been in an infected country and it hasn’t yet passed to others here. I know a few have but the majority haven’t. Scary for those who’s kids schools are being affected but I’d probs pull them out for the foreseeable
I can't see anything online, just had tv on in the background and heard it on there

I did put a few extra things in the trolley at the weekend and my husband thought I was crazy putting in tinned carrots 😂 He said when have we ever eaten tinned carrots 🤷🏽‍♀️😂 Looks like he won't be eating them then if we need them 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I just went out and bought more pasta, rice, soup, tinned toms, pasta sauce, long life fruit juice, instant mash and meat for the freezer 🤷‍♀️ I've popped the dry/tinned/jarred in a cardboard box separately so that my gannets don't raid it and filled the cupboards as normal (couple of weeks worth of average shopping) I felt a bit silly but I'd rather have extra food in and not need it than be worried about having to shop if it becomes worse. I've decided that there's no harm in having it in. I also bought more Dettol wipes to keep in the car for trolley handles and the like. I intend to get cat food and maybe some more frozen/tinned fruit and veg. I refuse to call it panic buying though. More that I am taking precautions. I figured it can't do any harm even if other people think it's over the top atm.
I have a few things building up in the boot of my car. I have beans, spaghetti hoops, rice, noodles, pasta, pasta sauce, risotto, toilet rolls, cleaning stuff, nappies, two boxes of 10 packs wipes in each, tuna and soups also frozen veg in freezer 😂 maybe more than I thought ha!!

I can't see anything online, just had tv on in the background and heard it on there
Watching the news atm will let you know if I hear anything

It’s the perfect time for Budweiser and co to drop an offer.

20% off using code #NOCORONAS

• Haha
Reactions: 15
The numbers are only going up slowly in the UK: is this how it started in other countries, a slow snowball effect? Or does it mean the measures to hold back the tide are working? Or are they just drip feeding numbers so as not alarm anyone?

I’ve heard of a family local to me who have had symptoms after a trip to Italy, have been waiting for testing and have only now, nearly two weeks later, been told mobile testing will be carried out. The cynic in me wonders if the delay is deliberate, if they have had it and are now ok, the test may show up as clear! (They’re a healthy family so no underlying issues to lead to serious complaints).

The numbers are only going up slowly in the UK: is this how it started in other countries, a slow snowball effect? Or does it mean the measures to hold back the tide are working? Or are they just drip feeding numbers so as not alarm anyone?

I’ve heard of a family local to me who have had symptoms after a trip to Italy, have been waiting for testing and have only now, nearly two weeks later, been told mobile testing will be carried out. The cynic in me wonders if the delay is deliberate, if they have had it and are now ok, the test may show up as clear! (They’re a healthy family so no underlying issues to lead to serious complaints).
Assuming by looking at the numbers elsewhere it’s usually went up pretty quickly after the first few cases. I do think the numbers in the UK have slowly crept up. I’m getting roared at by my other half worrying about this. Lovely man. Telling me I’m being “f’ng” stupid and pathetic.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Italy went up like this, as it grows even if it just keeps going up by 20% a day the more it grows the bigger the jumps and they now have 100's of new cases every day.

italy have introduced measures, we haven't over here other than a few places closed.

Reactions: 1
For those that are stocking up on tins etc, how much are you getting in? Enough for two weeks or more? I don't understand why people are getting water? I'm going to sound stupid, but surely unless EVERYONE that works at the water plant thing (told you; stupid) or someone does something to infect the water supply (not coronavirus) then there's no need to stockpile water?

I want to stockpile, but my husband is so laid-back he doesn't want to. Better to be prepared and not need it than need it and not have it though, right?!
I bought Loads of tins/pasta/rice more than I would normally have bought!)

Tinned tomatoes
Beans
Spaghetti hoops
Tinned veg
Tinned soups
Tinned potatoes
Mixed beans
Rice
Pasta (massive amount!)
Potatoes
long life milk
Noodles

I also bought extra frozen bits

Smiley faces
Fishfingers
Sausages
Meat (chicken thighs, turkey mince, fish)

I have stocked up on toilet roll, toiletries, bleach.

Also stocked up on animal stuff (dog food, cat food, hamster food!)

I have a good stock cupboard any way, I’ve just bought extra of what we normally eat!

I did buy some bottles of flavoured water and some bottles of normal water (just me thinking worst case scenario!)

Yes I’m crazy but hey I’d rather be crazy and prepared 😂

Reactions: 4
As much as it’s scaring me my kids would be the last I’d let get it unless I knew for sure there was no lasting damage so with you on that one!!

after me saying yesterday my supermarkets weren’taffected. I went to Asda this morning and the place looked like it had been ransacked. Security guard limiting hand soup and hand gel to two per person! We have 1 case in Scotland! I was slightly baffled lol loads of loo roll though! 😂😂
If you run out of bread then you can make beer or cider bread as long as you have flour, cheese, beer or cider. I’ve made it a few times and it’s good. No yeast required.

Italy went up like this, as it grows even if it just keeps going up by 20% a day the more it grows the bigger the jumps and they now have 100's of new cases every day.

italy have introduced measures, we haven't over here other than a few places closed.
Also depends on how many people are being tested.
If they don't test people that are self isolating then we won't hear. It'll be batches like the new 12 they've just announced.

Assuming by looking at the numbers elsewhere it’s usually went up pretty quickly after the first few cases. I do think the numbers in the UK have slowly crept up. I’m getting roared at by my other half worrying about this. Lovely man. Telling me I’m being “f’ng” stupid and pathetic.
I've had my younger sisters laugh at me, but being called "f*cking stupid and pathetic" is not okay in any relationship- because it is verbal abuse and nobody deserves that.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I did put a few extra things in the trolley at the weekend and my husband thought I was crazy putting in tinned carrots 😂 He said when have we ever eaten tinned carrots 🤷🏽‍♀️😂 Looks like he won't be eating them then if we need them 😂
He won’t be laughing when he’s having carrots and plain pasta on day 13 of self-isolation!!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.