Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn’t know it was in Australia. Is it with people who haven’t travelled?
Yes I believe there is one lady who didn't travel. 40 people have it there. Someone died from it too. Thailand also has it and it is warm there, in the 30s

DD5A1589-25CE-49B2-8046-6CFAEFDD80E3.jpeg

Update as of 2pm I think Australia have only had cases of people that have travelled? Like the majority of cases in the UK?

A worker who is a Chinese National who works at the Hinkley point powerstation and at offices in Bristol has reportedly tested positive for coronavirus after arriving in China from the UK! They took a flight and a boat so God knows how many people they have infected!

• Wow
Reactions: 5
A worker who is a Chinese National who works at the Hinkley point powerstation and at offices in Bristol has reportedly tested positive for coronavirus after arriving in China from the UK! They took a flight and a boat so God knows how many people they have infected!
He may have caught it in China though. I guess they won’t know! 😩 why do people just NOT travel to infected counties :(

Reactions: 5
Warning no one watch the planet of the apes reboot, I saw it a few weeks ago and I think it's adding to my fear of a pandemic with that intro
And some baboons have escaped from a mysterious Australian research facility. Coincidence? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2

Yel

I know I shouldn't laugh but the site where take me out in Maidstone is filmed they've had a case and some businesses there are being shut down and BBC news are reporting outside the Kent studio.

If it's 20 times more deadly than the flu and we must be at least 20 times more careful with all the media attention making it counterbalance? *Hopeful*

Boris Johnson won't shut things down until there's more cases, the economic impact will be too high as confidence is everything. The stimulus package announced made such a small bounce, economically this is a disaster.

Reactions: 3
Is anyone else more worried about the people they share their home with than being out in public with strangers?

My daughter and are getting seriously peed off with husband and son because the skanks will not wash their hands. Not when they've come home from work/college and travelled on public transport, not when they've been to the loo, not before they eat.

It's bad enough to live with as it is. One of the biggest rows my husband and I ever had was about him not washing his hands after going to the toilet. I was in the bedroom and heard every plop plop plop and then flush and then tap turned on for two seconds and then he left the bathroom🤢 And he had just come home from work on the bus so was germy anyway🤮 and he thinks a one second run under the tap and a shake dry counts as washing his hands. I asked him to wash his hands properly and he flew into an absolute rage because HE DID! yeah, "did" put water on them.

And our son "can't be bothered" and as he's now a strapping teenager, taller than me, there's not a lit I can do about it.

We've now run out of hand sanitiser and wipes and I've just got virus killing spray cleaners. I'm keeping door knobs and other places hands touch as clean as I can, and daughter and I are washing our hands a lot, but I cannot get over how selfish the two men in this house are. If I get this bloody Corona virus it will be imported into the home by one or both if these arrogant sods in my family.

Sorry. This post contains much more personal information than any of you needed to know, but I hate a lack of hygiene so much, esp now with this blooming new virus on the go! 😖

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Is anyone else more worried about the people they share their home with than being out in public with strangers?

My daughter and are getting seriously peed off with husband and son because the skanks will not wash their hands. Not when they've come home from work/college and travelled on public transport, not when they've been to the loo, not before they eat.

It's bad enough to live with as it is. One of the biggest rows my husband and I ever had was about him not washing his hands after going to the toilet. I was in the bedroom and heard every plop plop plop and then flush and then tap turned on for two seconds and then he left the bathroom🤢 And he had just come home from work on the bus so was germy anyway🤮 and he thinks a one second run under the tap and a shake dry counts as washing his hands. I asked him to wash his hands properly and he flew into an absolute rage because HE DID! yeah, "did" put water on them.

And our son "can't be bothered" and as he's now a strapping teenager, taller than me, there's not a lit I can do about it.

We've now run out of hand sanitiser and wipes and I've just got virus killing spray cleaners. I'm keeping door knobs and other places hands touch as clean as I can, and daughter and I are washing our hands a lot, but I cannot get over how selfish the two men in this house are. If I get this bloody Corona virus it will be imported into the home by one or both if these arrogant sods in my family.

Sorry. This post contains much more personal information than any of you needed to know, but I hate a lack of hygiene so much, esp now with this blooming new virus on the go! 😖
I hear you. Interestingly, Caroline Criado Perez has tweeted about the gender difference in hygiene/hand washing. It’s real.

Reactions: 2

yes! Although my husband washes hishands after the loo he will not w

Literally had this discussion this morning. His hygiene is horrific and his mums is even worse 🤢 makes me feel sick!

• Sick
Reactions: 4
I'm not sure if there is any truth in this but earlier today I was using the toilet at the shopping centre and a woman who claimed to be a nurse told me not to use those air hand dryers and to use paper towels instead. Her logic being that hot air and wet hands make the ideal environment for the virus.

I was so paranoid I bathed my hands in sanigel LOL

I hear you. Interestingly, Caroline Criado Perez has tweeted about the gender difference in hygiene/hand washing. It’s real.

OMG! I should've known. Thanks for posting this!

I'm not sure if there is any truth in this but earlier today I was using the toilet at the shopping centre and a woman who claimed to be a nurse told me not to use those air hand dryers and to use paper towels instead. Her logic being that hot air and wet hands make the ideal environment for the virus.

I remember hearing this years ago! I think there is truth in it. Always much prefer paper towels, anyway. Hands feel dry and hot and 'orrible after using dryers.

Reactions: 8

I have heard that about the hand dryers before. I always use toilet paper or paper towels.

Yel

Ba have cancelled hundreds of flights, but looks like more due to softening demand rather than containment.

Airlines work on such small margins and if the summer bookings aren't being made it could be very detrimental.

the kids have chicken pox here and I’m only half joking when I say I’ve thought about using that dettol spray on them,
it can’t hurt if you keep away from the eyes can it 🤷‍♀️
Kids are vile little creatures.
My mum used to put liquid dettoll in our bathes & i also did the same when the Pox did the round! Seemed to work pretty well!
My other half had some chucked in his bath when he had flu (after returning from Thailand) a few weeks ago! he didnt know that though Haha!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.