Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Twitter is absolutely hilarious,
and at the same time full of idiots.

Why do people think screaming at each other in caps lock will stop this spreading.

Why does Sandra need to tell everyone how scared she is because the man on the bus looked a bit peaky and she has that dodgy lung.

They’re are actual grown ass human beings trying to TRACK DOWN people who are infected!!!
Why so we can tell the rest of Twitter like it’s a game, what do you win 🤣😂 anti bac gel for life 😂🤣

Mob mentality really isn’t gonna keep anyone healthy. It’s so odd.

Reactions: 14
Twitter is absolutely hilarious,
and at the same time full of idiots.

Why do people think screaming at each other in caps lock will stop this spreading.

Why does Sandra need to tell everyone how scared she is because the man on the bus looked a bit peaky and she has that dodgy lung.

They’re are actual grown as human beings trying to TRACK DOWN people who are infected!!!
Why so we can tell the rest of Twitter like it’s a game, what do you win 🤣😂 anti bac gel for life 😂🤣

Mob mentality really isn’t gonna keep anyone healthy. It’s so odd.
Think they've left it to late to track people by the rate it's spreading..

Reactions: 1
Think they've left it to late to track people by the rate it's spreading..
you’ll never get the antibacterial gel with that attitude!!!

I know people need to know the areas effected but twitter likes an extreme!!

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Yel

Thank god peter andre hasn't caught it, twitter had me worried!
1583153801188.png

I'm a bit confused with how they can stimulate markets and cut interest rates, the economy has been on life support with near zero interest rates and not recovered since the last "downturn". I don't think there's anything much left in the war chest for countries like the UK.

I do like the Boris card though :D

boris-card.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 19
you’ll never get the antibacterial gel with that attitude!!!

I know people need to know the areas effected but twitter likes an extreme!!
My local press have run a story yesterday of a girl just returned from Italy, all the symptoms has contacted her GP and been advised to self isolate no test done to determine if she has it or not..They've told her to get a food delivery, but not to open the door tell the driver to leave it on the doorstep,don't wash her clothes put them bags and tie them .Cough and sneeze into tissues and bag them as well ,making sure she ties the bags.She has to do this for a fortnight .She said she's distraught as she doesn't know if she has this virus or not ,or if she's passed it on they've more or less left her to deal with it on her own as their unsure themselves what to do?

• Sad
Reactions: 8
What times the cobra meeting?

My local press have run a story yesterday of a girl just returned from Italy, all the symptoms has contacted her GP and been advised to self isolate no test done to determine if she has it or not..They've told her to get a food delivery, but not to open the door tell the driver to leave it on the doorstep,don't wash her clothes put them bags and tie them .Cough and sneeze into tissues and bag them as well ,making sure she ties the bags.She has to do this for a fortnight .She said she's distraught as she doesn't know if she has this virus or not ,or if she's passed it on they've more or less left her to deal with it on her own as their unsure themselves what to do?
I would be demanding a test

Reactions: 3
It's been and gone. He said nothing new. Same BS about how prepared the country is, it will get worse before it gets better, blah, blah, blah.
Oh has it? I didn't see anything, clearly noting to report.
So no schools closing or public transport taking a break?

What times the cobra meeting?

I would be demanding a test
Hence why she phoned the press she feels they don't know how to deal with it..What will it be like on a large scale?

Well to put things in perspective. China has 9/10 cases of the virus and now has significantly higher recovery rates than people actively catching the virus.

about 1 in 20,000 people in China has caught the virus so far.

IF it spreads as severely in the UK that’s 3300 people infected and around 100 fatalities. A tragic situation no doubt but no the apocalypse as some have been preaching.

Remember China is where this originated and spread rapidly before people were even aware of what is going on. A percentage similar to China is a worse case scenario here.

My maths were wrong. It’s more like around 800 cases and 25 fatalities.

Reactions: 8
Oh has it? I didn't see anything, clearly noting to report.
So no schools closing or public transport taking a break?
Nope, I had to search for the news report. I was actually hoping for some constructive advice to put my mind at rest. Apparently it's still survival of the fittest 😬 Nightmare.

Nope, I had to search for the news report. I was actually hoping for some constructive advice to put my mind at rest. Apparently it's still survival of the fittest 😬 Nightmare.
Iv just heard he's announcing a plan tomorrow but I can't see anything.
I can't understand how nothing has been done, he's had all weekend to think of a plan.

Reactions: 4
No new cases in Scotland so no clue where the person above got that information. Surely boris would have said something about it!

Reactions: 2
Well to put things in perspective. China has 9/10 cases of the virus and now has significantly higher recovery rates than people actively catching the virus.

IF it spreads as severely in the UK that’s 3300 people infected and around 100 fatalities. A tragic situation no doubt but no the apocalypse as some have been preaching.

Remember China is where this originated and spread rapidly before people were even aware of what is going on. A percentage similar to China is a worse case scenario here.

I’m going to hold onto info like this. I read an article last week which said there would be 500,000 in the UK dead and one today saying 100,000. I’m at the point I want to turn my phone off for a few months because even a level headed person like myself can’t handle the scaremongering.

Reactions: 7
There's a full school in Rep of Ireland closed all staff and pupils have been in contact with infected person who returned from Italy recently.

I can’t believe we waited the whole weekend for Boris to do sod all

Reactions: 13

thank you. this thread needed a post like this :)

I’m going to hold onto info like this. I read an article last week which said there would be 500,000 in the UK dead and one today saying 100,000. I’m at the point I want to turn my phone off for a few months because even a level headed person like myself can’t handle the scaremongering.
100,000 dead would require 3 million infected at the very least. That’s 5% of the population. We’d see massive quarantines and lockdowns before it even got close to that magnitude.

And to people thinking they wouldn’t do it for economic reasons. 3 million sick and that many dying is far worse for the economy.

We might see 5 figures dead worldwide, 6 figures? I doubt even world wide, let alone in the UK which has 1/100 of the worlds population. That’s without talking about the healthcare (and yes I know it’s in to hate on the NHS and it’s current state) that is better than most countries in the world.

I think Boris is a bit of a melon. But it seems the government is taking this very seriously.

Reactions: 5
This scares me alot due to my immune condition but to the outside world I'm crazy for worrying it's people like me young and old it's going to hit hard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.