Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I live very near a hospital, on one of the main feeder roads. It’s been insane the amount of ambulances I have seen today going into the hospital and out again. Way, way more than is usual. I am not paranoid by any means. But it’s notable. I am in West Yorkshire.

Reactions: 2
Thank you. It’s hard. I’m going to contact the gp tomorrow again. Have a chat with him. I’m suppose to have a hospital app next week and I’m going to have to postpone :( x

I need friends like you! Lol positive people help! Seeing it how you have said it totally bring home I’m worrying and making myself poorly for no reason!!!
The majority of the infected also have either been to Italy or China and had contact with those people as well.

I live very near a hospital, on one of the main feeder roads. It’s been insane the amount of ambulances I have seen today going into the hospital and out again. Way, way more than is usual. I am not paranoid by any means. But it’s notable. I am in West Yorkshire.
First days of spring on the weekend? Where I work (we sell stuff for parties and so on) has been extremely busy this weekend.

Apparently there is 2 cases in Leeds and 1 in Bradford.
Are you near Jimmy's?

Reactions: 1
There’s been cases confirmed in W Yorks today, believe someone has brought it back from Iran?

iran is a big worry, they’re not containing it at all, it’s going to be the next big contagion region.

Reactions: 3
Apparently there is 2 cases in Leeds and 1 in Bradford.
Are you near Jimmy's?
No. But near ish to both Leeds and Bradford.
Like I said, it’s been mad busy all day. I notice them anyway, but today has been something else. I don’t know what to think.

The majority of the infected also have either been to Italy or China and had contact with those people as well.

First days of spring on the weekend? Where I work (we sell stuff for parties and so on) has been extremely busy this weekend.
I have never seen so many ambulances in one day 🤔

I’m usually quite stoic but I’m starting to get a bit windy about its spread. It must be bad for China to sacrifice their economy into free fall. I hope our government take decisive action - I personally would be happy for schools/colleges to close now, and make time up in summer.

Reactions: 4
I’ve just been talking to a friend who works with the chief medial officer and they have reassured me if she was concerned she would ban all travel for her colleagues which she hasn’t done. Obviously all could change but for now she’s not concerned 🤷🏻‍♀️ What to believe? Who knows.

Yel

I really don't think I'd mind 6 weeks at home, just as long as I had power and internet and notice to stock up on yummy food. I could still go out for a walk or something after driving somewhere rural I guess.

That map site is a bit horrifying
Screenshot_2020-03-01-22-34-33-368_com.android.chrome.jpg

Warning no one watch the planet of the apes reboot, I saw it a few weeks ago and I think it's adding to my fear of a pandemic with that intro

Reactions: 6
There’s been cases confirmed in W Yorks today, believe someone has brought it back from Iran?

iran is a big worry, they’re not containing it at all, it’s going to be the next big contagion region.
Isn’t the West Yorkshire case from Ilkley?

Reactions: 1

Yel

I’ve just been talking to a friend who works with the chief medial officer and they have reassured me if she was concerned she would ban all travel for her colleagues which she hasn’t done. Obviously all could change but for now she’s not concerned 🤷🏻‍♀️ What to believe? Who knows.
I think they know banning it for a small number of people would make no difference but cause panic, only if it was on a widescale ban would make a difference. But who knows, probably no one. It's a waiting game to see the spread.

I really don't think I'd mind 6 weeks at home, just as long as I had power and internet and notice to stock up on yummy food. I could still go out for a walk or something after driving somewhere rural I guess.

That map site is a bit horrifying
View attachment 90241

Warning no one watch the planet of the apes reboot, I saw it a few weeks ago and I think it's adding to my fear of a pandemic with that intro
I wouldn't worry yourself too much. 9/10 cases have occurred in China where recovery rates are significantly higher than those now catching the virus in China. Then South Korea alone accounts for half of all other cases, and that is because a religious cult was intentionally spreading the disease to shift blame away from them. Only Italy has been seriously hit in Europe, and those areas are locked down and people who traveled there recently are being monitored.

One minute I’m like why are people worried? The world can’t come to a standstill. The next I’m googling hazmat suits for me and the dogs 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I’m asthmatic with a toddler and married to a pilot who flies around Europe...my anxiety levels are through the roof. I can’t stop thinking about it! I feel like there’s no hope for me.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I’m asthmatic with a toddler and married to a pilot who flies around Europe...my anxiety levels are through the roof. I can’t stop thinking about it! I feel like there’s no hope for me.
Our next-door neighbours, the wife is a nurse and husband a pilot. She is concerned too.

I’m sceptical that we know the true picture in developing countries.

Reactions: 4
Just avoid physical contact with your husband. Tbh a pilot is ok because they are isolated

Our next-door neighbours, the wife is a nurse and husband a pilot. She is concerned too.
That is a bad combination. Utterly terrifying!

Just avoid physical contact with your husband. Tbh a pilot is ok because they are isolated
That was my thought but he still eats food and drink handed to him by the cabin crew. I told him to refuse it and he says no. I think he thinks I’m going mad because he’s not worried at all 🤣

Like I said, it’s been mad busy all day. I notice them anyway, but today has been something else. I don’t know what to think.

But thats what happens in A&E. It varies massively day to day. Last Monday was incredibly busy where I work, as was friday and then days in between are a lot calmer. It is completely unpredictable and there are a thousand reasons why people ring an ambulance.

And in reality most ?corona patients wouldn't be arriving in A&E by ambulance.

Reactions: 6

Hubby and I work in the NHS. He’s in A+E and the spring weather where we are today meant he dealt with the first lawn mower accidents/garden related incidents of the year and there were apparently loads. 🤦‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.