Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m not sure. The unknown is the part I find scariest personally - who knows whether it’ll turn out to barely affect us or be worse than imagined. I think it’s best to be cautious though. Also it’s possible the airline were being cautious

I agree. Judging from the arrivals information, the other flight was from Northern Italy. Any airport seems like a dangerous place given you don’t know who has been where or who they’ve interacted with

Interrogating people is awful. What good would that even do? I hate how this is allowing racists to ‘justify’ their prejudices
Yes, some people's behaviour around it is disgusting. I saw a video of an Asian man being threatened and it was horrific to watch. I feel like if we witness that in a public place it is really important to stand up for the individual, the more people that do that, the better. Don't just be a bystander.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
I also find it kind of scary how the people who are being kept in isolation all go on and on about how well they’re being looked after when interviewed on the news. They must feel stir crazy yet they claim to be fine. Definitely getting dystopian vibes
I had a tummy tuck a few years ago and was isolated at home for 6 weeks because I was worried about infections. I was pretty much laid in bed for 6 weeks in agony on my own, but It was honestly fine. Books, TV, sleep etc pass the time quickly. I definitely didn’t go stir crazy. :)

Reactions: 7
Same.
I'll be praying for someone to infect me so I can put myself in isolation 😂😂
Lots to think about though as a precaution.
Gin is top of my list
If you don’t laugh you cry 😂, I’ve already been thinking of the vlog material I could post like that couple off the cruise 😫😭

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’m not sure. The unknown is the part I find scariest personally - who knows whether it’ll turn out to barely affect us or be worse than imagined. I think it’s best to be cautious though. Also it’s possible the airline were just being cautious

I don’t think the airlines have any idea! Well not the run them. It clearly states in the manual of my airline that if the captain fears him, his crew and passengers will be under threat from any sort of disease/ infection onbaord he has the right to stop the flight. I’m just hoping that some captains are able to enforce this rule. Aircraft are breeding grounds- from the toilets that people walk in barefoot, to the dirty hankies pushed down the seat pockets and the people who change their babies nappies on the tray table. If one person was carrying the virus I’m certain the whole plane will catch it- then the cleaners that come on and clean to the engineers that service the aircraft who then all go home to their family. I really can’t see how we can stop it.

I agree. Judging from the arrivals information, the other flight was from Northern Italy. Any airport seems like a dangerous place given you don’t know who has been where or who they’ve interacted with

Interrogating people is awful. What good would that even do? I hate how this is allowing racists to ‘justify’ their prejudices
I mentioned a Dr John Campbell on you tube giving daily updates on the virus and he said that paracetamol

Reactions: 2
I had a tummy tuck a few years ago and was isolated at home for 6 weeks because I was worried about infections. I was pretty much laid in bed for 6 weeks in agony on my own, but It was honestly fine. Books, TV, sleep etc pass the time quickly. I definitely didn’t go stir crazy. :)
I’m projecting, I’m the type to get antsy after one day stuck inside!

The comment about "not mixing" with an international flight doesn't sit right with me. Anyone on ANY flight could have it. I feel it a slippery slope. People are already facing more racist abuse because of this. In Russia, they are scoping out Asian people and interrogating them. It is dreadful.
A Chinese woman and her friend were beaten up by two men in Birmingham because "of that virus your lot have brought here"

Absolutely dispicable behaviour. I still can't believe two men thought this was ok.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
I must be the opposite I’d rather keep my kids with me lol
Obviously keeping them safe and healthy would be my number one priority but the reality of entertaining them (one has ADHD so needs to be active a lot of the time) for 8 weeks or more whilst avoiding public places doesn’t fill me with joy 😂

Reactions: 6
I must be the opposite I’d rather keep my kids with me lol
Me too. I don’t need them catching it, and nursery is a hotbed for catching bugs/viruses as it is. Saying that, 6 weeks at home with my two and I think I’d rather have Coronavirus myself just for the isolation period. 😬 😂

This entire situation is a bit of a nightmare though. Can we really put the whole world in lockdown? I imagine there will be huge consequences to that if things get as bad as they say. I’m not “panic-buying, freaking out” worried. It’s there in the back of my mind but it’s not stopping me from living my life. I have enough to worry about as is without going into meltdown mode over this. Will just have to wait and see what happens. Being in the healthcare sector, I’m well aware of the importance of practicing good hand hygiene and infection control. Until they tell us otherwise, that’s all we can do.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Me too. I don’t need them catching it, and nursery is a hotbed for catching bugs/viruses as it is. Saying that, 6 weeks at home with my two and I think I’d rather have Coronavirus myself just for the isolation period. 😬 😂

This entire situation is a bit of a nightmare though. Can we really put the whole world in lockdown? I imagine there will be huge consequences to that if things get as bad as they say. I’m not “panic-buying, freaking out” worried. It’s there in the back of my mind but it’s not stopping me from living my life. I have enough to worry about as is without going into meltdown mode over this. Will just have to wait and see what happens. Being in the healthcare sector, I’m well aware of the importance of practicing good hand hygiene and infection control. Until they tell us otherwise, that’s all we can do.
It’s stopping me live my “normal life” I haven’t properly left my house in a good couple of weeks now. My garden is the furthest I’ve been to get the kids fresh air. I’m getting pains in my chest from my anxiety. Not sure how to cope with it :(

• Sad
Reactions: 10
It’s stopping me live my “normal life” I haven’t properly left my house in a good couple of weeks now. My garden is the furthest I’ve been to get the kids fresh air. I’m getting pains in my chest from my anxiety. Not sure how to cope with it :(
Maintain good hand hygiene is the most important thing to do, it's hard not to be worried but if it is really getting to you it might benefit contacting your gp. I feel bad for you that it's really getting to you I hope you can relax your mind x

Reactions: 3

Got a wee while until nursery for us but yes children are germ carriers!

Reactions: 1
China seems to be getting it under control now anyway.

36 cases in the Uk which is around 1 per 1.5 million people. It is a serious disease no doubt, but the scare mongering from the sun and other outlets like it has been downright disgusting.

Reactions: 10
Maintain good hand hygiene is the most important thing to do, it's hard not to be worried but if it is really getting to you it might benefit contacting your gp. I feel bad for you that it's really getting to you I hope you can relax your mind x
Thank you. It’s hard. I’m going to contact the gp tomorrow again. Have a chat with him. I’m suppose to have a hospital app next week and I’m going to have to postpone :( x

36 cases in the Uk which is around 1 per 1.5 million people. It is a serious disease no doubt, but the scare mongering from the sun and other outlets like it has been downright disgusting.
I need friends like you! Lol positive people help! Seeing it how you have said it totally bring home I’m worrying and making myself poorly for no reason!!!

Reactions: 5
You'll be ok. Stock up on a few cans of food (veg, beans, fish, fruit)/dried foods (pasta, rice, nuts), peanut butter, crackers, soap, toilet paper, disinfectant, pasta sauces, etc, to last at least 2 weeks in case you have to quarantine.

Here is a list of what we bought to last 2 weeks, my friend that works for the US govt gave me this list.

Hand soap
Cans of red beans and black beans
Cans of baked beans
Cans of tomatoes
Cans of sweetcorn
Cans of fruit
Cans of tuna
Noodles
Pasta sauce/curry sauce
Bottles of water
Rice
Pasta
Toilet paper
Paper towels
Disinfecting wipes
Rubbing alcohol
Dish soap
Laundry detergent
Dried fruit
Juice
Baby wipes
Nuts
Crackers
Peanut butter
Candy
Granola bars

x
I’ll be making a pasta and baked beans recipe I like with all the baked beans I’ve stocked up on.

Reactions: 2

Statistics like that aren't helpful at all.
There was only 30 odd cases in Italy last week and now there's 1700 confirmed cases. We all know how few people have it, but it's a real concern how quickly it's growing and that it's killed 4% of people in Wuhan that have got it. It's dangerous saying it doesn't affect many as it really needs to be contained before it's too late and it becomes a virus that always exists.

Reactions: 7
I do think somewhere along the line we are going to have to put our faith in the government and the nhs. Otherwise we will get no where

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.