Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think he went public. I don’t think he was outed. He probably wanted to explain what happened and that he weren’t just some dimwit spreading a virus.
Maybe also wanted to show his face in case anybody recognised himand would be like “ oh, tit. I sat next to that twit on the bus”
It does make me feel better that he seems to be fine even though he was a ‘super spreader’ I feel people who have caught it outside of China seem to have mild cases x

Reactions: 2
Clearly the government want us to be careful but honestly even in China it’s only the vulnerable that die (that sounds aweful to say). Honestly if uou are a healthy adult its’s probably no worse than getting the flu.

I think some gp surgery's will send out texts like that to "at risk" people, probably the same group that they send for the flu jab reminders.

Some in the media are being sensationalist that the WHO are now saying people are more at risk than contravirus than terrorism. Well cans of beans are probably more of a risk than terrorism! Aren't thousands killed everyday on the roads in Asia?

I am not sure if I am being paranoid but.... Tomorrow I fly out to Tenerife for a few days, return on Sunday and start my new job on Monday. Genuinely concerned about the virus and if it stops me from being able to make my first day or not. Storm Dennis on the horizon isn't helping my paranoia either...

I keep reading this thread to either punish myself or relax myself! :LOL:

I am not sure if I am being paranoid but.... Tomorrow I fly out to Tenerife for a few days, return on Sunday and start my new job on Monday. Genuinely concerned about the virus and if it stops me from being able to make my first day or not. Storm Dennis on the horizon isn't helping my paranoia either...

I fly out on Friday, Storm Dennis is winding me right up. I'm opening wine as soon as I get in from work tomorrow. And I don't really drink 😂

I fly out on Friday, Storm Dennis is winding me right up. I'm opening wine as soon as I get in from work tomorrow. And I don't really drink 😂
Where are you flying out from? I'm flying out of Manchester and when we land it is supposed to be 40mph gusts... to be honest, should be okay? Just a very bumpy landing!

Reactions: 1
Where are you flying out from? I'm flying out of Manchester and when we land it is supposed to be 40mph gusts... to be honest, should be okay? Just a very bumpy landing!
Manchester. I'm taking books to take my mind off the inevitable turbulence!

I really don’t think you have anything to worry about re Coronavirus....

Not surprising there's a case in London now.

The incubation period keeps getting raised, it's now at 24 days they think.

If you have to trave you're still way more in danger just getting to the airport. Wash your hands regularly and don't touch your face to minimise picking up anything.

I am absolutely convinced that China aren’t being truthful about the number of cases and associated deaths.

Reactions: 15
Bbc4 showed an interesting program called contagion I think it's on iplayer, it simulates a pandemic spreading

Reactions: 3
Clearly the government want us to be careful but honestly even in China it’s only the vulnerable that die (that sounds aweful to say). Honestly if uou are a healthy adult its’s probably no worse than getting the flu.
Agreed, but pretty much all of us have parents, grandparents, young children or all of the above....

Reactions: 10

😐😐😐😐

Have just been sent this video, apparently it keeps getting deleted so watch while you can.

Reactions: 5
Senator Tom Cotton
Seems to be a Republican nut with questionable beliefs and dislikes China. Personally, I wouldn't trust him. I always read about these people before taking things as fact from them. He is fear mongering, which is what the right wing are good at.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Cotton

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.