Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hate the thought of it too. Would Our kids be allowed in the garden? Washing hung out? Honestly I don’t understand any of lOck down stuff?
No idea but you're correct in that probably my kids' best chance of survival would be for them to camp in the garden and me just throw bottles of water and cocktail sausages out of the kitchen window at regular intervals. They could chuck back their various electronic babysitters for charging when required and we might just survive. Right that's me sorted then.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I was so anxious last week however can I ask what is worrying everyone so much?
I'm no longer worried about catching it as myself my daughter and husband have no health conditions so am confident that we would recover.
My parents are in their 50s and in good health so not worried about them.

Are most of you so anxious because you or your family members would be at risk?
The worry for me is being inside for 2 weeks. THAT would send me crackers. And my 3 year old going hungry is my main concern/ not being able to get out to a supermarket/ supermarkets getting ransacked. Things like that 😩

Reactions: 4
I always clean my phone and if I have to use anyone else's mobile I always wash my hands with antibacterial wipes or soap and water. I never touch trolley handles, escalators, door handles, buttons etc with my bare hands. I've been like that for years though so it's nothing different for me. Even using public toilets I'm a complete germophobe, I have a rule that I never use those hand dryer contraptions 🤢

Reactions: 8
If you look at the articles of the ‘OMG empty shelves!’ It’s not food, just antibacterial gel.
No, it is food too...

As I said, no problems when I went shopping today but this media frenzy will cause a shortage.

Reactions: 3

Yel

The 12 new cases have all been tracked down to people that recently went abroad. Which is good, although maybe misleading as maybe only people that have traveled are pushing to be tested

Reactions: 1
The 12 new cases have all been tracked down to people that recently went abroad. Which is good, although maybe misleading as maybe only people that have traveled are pushing to be tested
Where in the country did it say?

I remember when swine flu was all the rage. They went from testing people to treating anybody with a hint of ‘flu’. I was treated for it, with that drug tamiflu. Although I definitely did NOT have it. I had a 30min seizure, and was a bit hot and sweaty afterwards and had a oxygen mask strapped to my face for a short while giving me a sore throat. I was locked in my bedroom like Harry Potter under the stair case and posted tablets under the door with a load of pot noodles and a kettle, which was most dangerous as my epilepsy was not under control.
I do wonder if they will start doing this soon, which would add a few notches to the corona toll, most of those people will not know if they have it or not. Just that they are deemed to have it and are being treated for it.

• Sad
  • Wow
Oh dear, please stop panicking, that is the worst thing anyone can do in these situations. Panicking helps nobody and causes extra harm due to stress, panic buying when it's not necessary and general anxiety all round. Also, panicking causes people to overlook the obvious because they're too focussed on other things. I've seen a lot of people saying they're cleaning the handles on shopping trolleys, letterboxes etc. I wonder how many of those same people clean the one item they use (more than likely) multiple times a day - an item that gets put down anywhere and everywhere and comes into direct contact with their face every time they use it (the face that is the entry point for viral and bacterial infections)? I'm talking about their mobile phones which are a breeding ground for microbes if not cleaned regularly. Anyone who doesn't already regularly clean their phone ought to read this article https://eu.usatoday.com/story/tech/...obably-disgusting-heres-how-clean/2950106002/

Just stay calm and level headed, panic is just as much a problem as the virus itself.
I regularly clean any items that are touched, remote controls, light switches, mobiles, keyboards. I thought that was common sense? Also, I am level headed.

Reactions: 5

Yel

I remember when swine flu was all the rage. They went from testing people to treating anybody with a hint of ‘flu’. I was treated for it, with that drug tamiflu. Although I definitely did NOT have it. I had a 30min seizure, and was a bit hot and sweaty afterwards and had a oxygen mask strapped to my face for a short while giving me a sore throat. I was locked in my bedroom like Harry Potter under the stair case and posted tablets under the door with a load of pot noodles and a kettle, which was most dangerous as my epilepsy was not under control.
I do wonder if they will start doing this soon, which would add a few notches to the corona toll, most of those people will not know if they have it or not. Just that they are deemed to have it and are being treated for it.
Sadly I think they stockpiled so much tamiflu they wanted to offload as much as possible even though they knew it wasn't effective. I'm sorry that you suffered as a result of it.

When it comes to a new jab / medication there's no chance I'll be in the first batch that they rush out seeing the problems that caused before.

I've just been to a few shops. All food is fine. The only things lacking were paracetamol, ibuprofen, hand sanitizer gel and hand soap.

Sadly I think they stockpiled so much tamiflu they wanted to offload as much as possible even though they knew it wasn't effective. I'm sorry that you suffered as a result of it.

When it comes to a new jab / medication there's no chance I'll be in the first batch that they rush out seeing the problems that caused before.
They drugged me full of diazepam in quarantine so I was none the wiser. 😂 But yes, I think you’re right. Aren’t they using an anti malaria med to treat CV atm?

Reactions: 2
I was so anxious last week however can I ask what is worrying everyone so much?
I'm no longer worried about catching it as myself my daughter and husband have no health conditions so am confident that we would recover.
My parents are in their 50s and in good health so not worried about them.

Are most of you so anxious because you or your family members would be at risk?
Yes, I’m more anxious about members in my family who are currently going through chemotherapy and my grandad is 96 so that’s my main worry

Reactions: 2
Think this is true?
if it is it’s slightly encouraging that they have all travelled. I just hope they haven’t infected others. What I’m not getting ok correct me if I’m wrong is why they aren’t self isolating as soon as they get home? If I had been to any of the countries I wouldn’t take any chances come home self isolated for 2 weeks and get tested? These people who are coming home from holidays going out mixing with people then thinking “oh I feel ill?” I just do NOT understand! 😱

if it is it’s slightly encouraging that they have all travelled. I just hope they haven’t infected others. What I’m not getting ok correct me if I’m wrong is why they aren’t self isolating as soon as they get home? If I had been to any of the countries I wouldn’t take any chances come home self isolated for 2 weeks and get tested? These people who are coming home from holidays going out mixing with people then thinking “oh I feel ill?” I just do NOT understand! 😱
I think this is where the government need to step in and make it stricter.
At airports upon passport control they need to be advising those that have been to infected countries or areas to self isolate IMMEDIATELY.
They need to tighten up, 100%.

I think this is where the government need to step in and make it stricter.
At airports upon passport control they need to be advising those that have been to infected countries or areas to self isolate IMMEDIATELY.
They need to tighten up, 100%.
Totally agree! People also need to be a bit more switched on and do it automatically

British women who was in that hotel in Tenerife has now been confirmed to have it 😩😩

The NHS will crumble with this. They will try and delay this epidemic until the warmer months when hospitals are less full but that’s all it is, delay. This will be a normal annual thing now. Even the flu isn’t that old relatively speaking.

Reactions: 4
That’s for the number of people tested though, not who have it. Almost all of those people were negative. A better graph to share (and not panic people) would have been the number of confirmed cases overlaid against the number of people who have recovered (although, I don’t think that graph exists unfortunately). The one above doesn’t really tell us anything - all 13k people could have been negative for all that shows (or positive for that matter).
The main thing on the graph is the number of people who tested positive, it also displays the number tested as a bonus, look at the axis :)

The NHS will crumble with this. They will try and delay this epidemic until the warmer months when hospitals are less full but that’s all it is, delay. This will be a normal annual thing now. Even the flu isn’t that old relatively speaking.
Sadly I think your right

I always clean my phone and if I have to use anyone else's mobile I always wash my hands with antibacterial wipes or soap and water. I never touch trolley handles, escalators, door handles, buttons etc with my bare hands. I've been like that for years though so it's nothing different for me. Even using public toilets I'm a complete germophobe, I have a rule that I never use those hand dryer contraptions 🤢
I've always done this stuff too but have been told it's part of my OCD (which I do have) and need to stop it but it's sure coming in handy now. 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.