Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Notothefakes

VIP Member
Someone's ransacked literally every shop in my borough of hand sanitizer, toilet rolls, soap, bleach, you name it thy bought it.
The same people have set up a little stall in Sainsbury's carpark and are selling it all for double the price!
And people are buying it 😂🙈
Baffles me that people are panicing THAT much that they can't wait a couple of days for restock.
I think those people are wrong in all kinds of ways. It’s one thing to stock up for yourself but to extort money from people in a time of panic that’s not ok at all!

Reactions: 11

Notothefakes

VIP Member
All the shops I’ve been in have had loads of food. No bare shelves or anything. I don’t think it’s bad to always have a bit of a stock of things in... you never know when you might get snowed in or stuck at home with Ill children (and a husband who works away) but I’m not sure I need 50 waffles 😂 (it was a multibuy deal in fairness)

• Haha

Discolights

VIP Member
No. But near ish to both Leeds and Bradford.
Like I said, it’s been mad busy all day. I notice them anyway, but today has been something else. I don’t know what to think.

I have never seen so many ambulances in one day 🤔
Hubby and I work in the NHS. He’s in A+E and the spring weather where we are today meant he dealt with the first lawn mower accidents/garden related incidents of the year and there were apparently loads. 🤦‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha

gigi_93

VIP Member
I’m less worried about Coronavirus than I am stupid people’s reactions to it

Reactions: 10

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
Assuming by looking at the numbers elsewhere it’s usually went up pretty quickly after the first few cases. I do think the numbers in the UK have slowly crept up. I’m getting roared at by my other half worrying about this. Lovely man. Telling me I’m being “f’ng” stupid and pathetic.
I've had my younger sisters laugh at me, but being called "f*cking stupid and pathetic" is not okay in any relationship- because it is verbal abuse and nobody deserves that.

• Heart

Lifeinmyeyes88

Me too. I don’t need them catching it, and nursery is a hotbed for catching bugs/viruses as it is. Saying that, 6 weeks at home with my two and I think I’d rather have Coronavirus myself just for the isolation period. 😬 😂

This entire situation is a bit of a nightmare though. Can we really put the whole world in lockdown? I imagine there will be huge consequences to that if things get as bad as they say. I’m not “panic-buying, freaking out” worried. It’s there in the back of my mind but it’s not stopping me from living my life. I have enough to worry about as is without going into meltdown mode over this. Will just have to wait and see what happens. Being in the healthcare sector, I’m well aware of the importance of practicing good hand hygiene and infection control. Until they tell us otherwise, that’s all we can do.
It’s stopping me live my “normal life” I haven’t properly left my house in a good couple of weeks now. My garden is the furthest I’ve been to get the kids fresh air. I’m getting pains in my chest from my anxiety. Not sure how to cope with it :(

• Sad

Babybrain

I bought Loads of tins/pasta/rice more than I would normally have bought!)

Tinned tomatoes
Beans
Spaghetti hoops
Tinned veg
Tinned soups
Tinned potatoes
Mixed beans
Rice
Pasta (massive amount!)
Potatoes
long life milk
Noodles

I also bought extra frozen bits

Smiley faces
Fishfingers
Sausages
Meat (chicken thighs, turkey mince, fish)

I have stocked up on toilet roll, toiletries, bleach.

Also stocked up on animal stuff (dog food, cat food, hamster food!)

I have a good stock cupboard any way, I’ve just bought extra of what we normally eat!

I did buy some bottles of flavoured water and some bottles of normal water (just me thinking worst case scenario!)

Yes I’m crazy but hey I’d rather be crazy and prepared 😂
Well I hope no one round my way wants any peppa pig spaghetti because I bought it all 😂😂

• Haha

imaginedragon83

VIP Member
So question for anyone who can answer...
Using the school in dublin as an example, say a teacher now off work with it and is self isolating, but before they were aware of any contact she was in contact with her husband, children, other relatives. How many people would have to self isolate? I dont understand really, how many "degrees of separation is there". If my colleagues daughter caught it, would I have to go off work and self isolate? Would my husband?

Foxy86

Chatty Member
It's ok saying practice good hygiene, the problem is other people.
Today iv seen people cough/sneeze into their hand then touch things in the shop, an people just cough/sneeze without using their hand?!
It's just filthy and there is no need for poor hygiene and manners. Eurgh

• Sick

Upintheair83

VIP Member
Iv not been panic buying but I am really scared. As I said, for my parents more than anyone. I work on an airline so am I supposed to not see my parents now until the virus has a cure? And it’s little things that I feel aren’t being thought about- for example, my parents went to church yesterday and they still did the ‘peace be with you’ which is where they shake hands with everyone and I was furious that they are still doing that! I’d say a good 75% of the congregation is the elderly. They church should be stopping that esp as it’s rumoured the pope has the virus too. I don’t know, it’s just little things that I feel the government and big organisations aren’t nipping in the bud to help stop spread the virus. My airline is in no way prepared and we’ve just been told to more or less get on with it. But I’m scared to bring passengers back from Tenerife and places like that. As crew we are supposed to help when someone’s been sick or they messed the toilet up, but we haven’t got the extra protective equipment to do so. I just feel like a sitting duck.

• Sad

Silly Sausage

VIP Member
My husband was supposed to leave for a business trip on Saturday to two countries that are currently affected. I've been dreading this trip for the past month. Yesterday he told his boss that he didn't want to go right now and I just found out that they have officially cancelled the trip. I'm grateful as I don't have the privilege of good health and it is very worrying for me living with a weakened immune system when something like this is spiraling out of control. I am incredibly relieved that he is no longer going 🎉

Doc

VIP Member
Not worried other things kill more like vaping smoking,drinking esp binge drinking, driving whilst using a mobile etc (the list could go on) no one seems to be scared of these things coz people still do it.
to be fair, those things are fairly contained and don’t set off a chain reaction of contagion do they.

juan2411

China seems to be getting it under control now anyway.

36 cases in the Uk which is around 1 per 1.5 million people. It is a serious disease no doubt, but the scare mongering from the sun and other outlets like it has been downright disgusting.

bubbletea123

VIP Member
Does anyone have a link of what to stock up on?

The NHS would be totally fucked if just 1-2% of the country got this as 20% of people that get it are hospitalised. There is just no way the current system would cope at all.

The person that died of it in the uk wasn't even listed as serious!! FUCK!
The person WASN'T in the UK. They were from the UK but had been on the cruise ship in Japan and were still in Japan. Not trying to be aggressive but just want to emphasize that. Perhaps the treatment where they were in Japan wasn't great. Let's please read the news properly before spreading false information.

bubbletea123

VIP Member
Mortality rate is 11% in Iran!! That's over 100x more deadly than the normal flu!!! This is not like swine flu or sars. It's too late to contain it and very fucking worrying
Iran is still considered a "developing" country. Their healthcare may not match up to that of a first world country. Take stuff like that into consideration before panicking.

bubbletea123

VIP Member
My husband's physiotherapist has a client from Wuhan. The client hasn't been to Wuhan but has been speaking to family and friends there. Locals are saying there are two types of flu, normal one and then deadly one which even young healthy people are dying from. They think the Chinese govt released a biochemical flu to cull the population. The "hospitals" that have been set up are nothing more than death camps, the locals said.

• Wow
  • Sad

bubbletea123

VIP Member
I wasn’t feeling too worried until a couple of days ago. I remember buying into the panic of swine flu and that didn’t turn out anywhere near as severe as the media hysteria suggested, so I’m sceptical these days. However, a couple of days ago my friend got a domestic flight within the U.K. and was held on the plane for almost an hour after landing. The reason given was that an international flight had just landed and the pilot explained “you can’t mix with them”. This was at one of the main airports so it seemed pretty extreme

I also find it kind of scary how the people who are being kept in isolation all go on and on about how well they’re being looked after when interviewed on the news. They must feel stir crazy yet they claim to be fine. Definitely getting dystopian vibes

I don’t understand why the plane incident happened but it freaks me out. I’m not worried about myself but I have a toddler with a weak immune system and I’m worried about not being able to protect her
The comment about "not mixing" with an international flight doesn't sit right with me. Anyone on ANY flight could have it. I feel it a slippery slope. People are already facing more racist abuse because of this. In Russia, they are scoping out Asian people and interrogating them. It is dreadful.

• Wow
  • Sad