Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bubbletea123

VIP Member
The fact that you called your husband and son

I think the fact that you called your own husband and son a skank means you are my spirit animal!!! Oh and yes, my husband does the same. Vile!
Posts like this make me so grateful for my husband, hahahha. He is incredibly clean. I saw a post from a lady once who's husband refused to even flush the toilet after shitting...wtf.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 14

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Twitter is absolutely hilarious,
and at the same time full of idiots.

Why do people think screaming at each other in caps lock will stop this spreading.

Why does Sandra need to tell everyone how scared she is because the man on the bus looked a bit peaky and she has that dodgy lung.

They’re are actual grown ass human beings trying to TRACK DOWN people who are infected!!!
Why so we can tell the rest of Twitter like it’s a game, what do you win 🤣😂 anti bac gel for life 😂🤣

Mob mentality really isn’t gonna keep anyone healthy. It’s so odd.

Doc

VIP Member
Just a note on stockpiling; long life, tinned and dried foods are best - frozen foods will degrade if for some reason you lose electric to your property before you get chance to use it.

we had a flu outbreak in our small primary school just before Christmas - peaked with 1/4 of children off. these things spread so easily in close environments. I’d rather people be over cautious and we all laugh afterwards than a blasé attitude that puts people in hospital.

• Heart

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
My house has been full of kids all afternoon, how do I get one of those industrial sanitizer spray things?
the kids have chicken pox here and I’m only half joking when I say I’ve thought about using that dettol spray on them,
it can’t hurt if you keep away from the eyes can it 🤷‍♀️
Kids are vile little creatures.

I’m finding twitter amusing. There are the sane people, the people losing their shit with fear, people making jokes, people getting offended at the jokes 🤣😂
The internet is fun 🤣😂

apparently dry pasta is the cure for the corona!

• Haha

aimee2401

I live in China, so I've experienced this first hand. From what I've seen, a lot of people fled China once it started getting serious (expats and Chinese), which probably didn't help the spread if the incubation period is what they say. The vast majority of us have been in our apartments for one month now, working from home and by ourselves. Most of us are limited in how many times a week we can leave our complexes etc, and you can't go out in public/take a taxi/go into a store without a mask. 95% of bars and restaurants are closed, streets are empty. Many airlines have stopped flights back to the UK/USA etc, but there are still going to be those few that slip through. As many people have said, the flu kills a lot more people, if you are aware and keep clean you will probably not get it, but if you are fit and healthy you will also probably overcome it. And no, if my friend whose parents are from Hong Kong (but she's lived in England her whole life), sits opposite you on the tube, you do not need to pull a mask out. I think the issue with the UK from accounts from friends is that they're not taking it seriously, masks aren't normal for us to wear and so nobody in the UK wears them. From what I've seen people talk about in expat group chats, people are also not getting any advice from the British government/customs upon landing in the airport or the NHS when phoning up. Sorry that was long, I've been in my apartment for 4 weeks now!

• Sad

PoleStar

Chatty Member
Been following this thread for a couple of weeks without an account hoping for some reassurance so made one to comment.
I hate to admit I’m one of those people who is absolutely petrified. I’ve cried a lot about this. I even ended up calling my GP who reassured me the media are making it a lot worse than it actually is. The numbers look scary but they aren’t telling us every single person who has recovered or got it mild. We only know how many people Are diagnosed and not exactly how many are critical. I have young children my baby is only months old and I haven’t left the house unless I’m in the car for weeks. I’m sanitising everything I can including my front door handle and letter box from the mail man coming round. I want to stock up on food but told I’m over reacting! So I have done things slyly.

I go from full force scared crying to “god the media are looking for clicks” there is no in between.
I just hope it disappears as quickly as it arrived 🤞🏼
Please be reassured that your GP is correct, he/she knows an awful lot more about health and wellbeing than any journalist ever will. I'm angry that the press are stoking fear in people, it's totally unnecessary and irresponsible. Remember that lurid headlines sell papers and the press are in business to make money so it's in their interests to spout doom and gloom. This page on the BBC website shows some statistics that should help put things into perspective. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51674743

Please don't panic. It might be worth booking an appointment with your GP as it sounds like you might be suffering with an anxiety condition - I do myself and I can identify with your feelings as I've been there. In my case it was fear of HIV that ruled my life for 10 years (the tombstone ads in the 80s put the fear of God into me). It took two HIV tests (both negative), counselling and a course of CBT to get me to see things how they really are and to calm down. My work over more recent years has put me into contact with HIV positive people from time to time and nowadays it doesn't worry me at all. Good luck, I hope you find peace. ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Ohflogoff

VIP Member
The who have raised the risk to the highest level possible! If this isn't contained it's going to be way worse than a really bad flu year, there is cause for concern on this!! They are warning so that governments act to try and stop the spread!
If that’s the case and it is as serious as the media says, they need to put a blanket ban on all but essential travel anywhere in the world full stop. Contain it in each individual country and then start over. None of this airy fairy “don’t go to northern Italy, we will close a hotel, but let you go next door and on the same plane” BS. Madness.

PoleStar

Chatty Member
I work in the NHS and I'm not worried, there is too much scaremongering going on and a lot of irresponsible reporting in the media. Remember - sensationalist headlines sell newspapers and increase their revenue, they are in business to make money! As I said in a previous post, if you want cold hard facts from real, clinically trained and qualified, professionals rather than over-hyped hysteria from journalists consult the World Health Organisation's website.

• Heart

caitlinbullen

VIP Member
Hate the thought of it too. Would Our kids be allowed in the garden? Washing hung out? Honestly I don’t understand any of lOck down stuff?
No idea but you're correct in that probably my kids' best chance of survival would be for them to camp in the garden and me just throw bottles of water and cocktail sausages out of the kitchen window at regular intervals. They could chuck back their various electronic babysitters for charging when required and we might just survive. Right that's me sorted then.

• Haha
  • Heart

Sln2404

I know I’m probably in the monitory but is anyone else generally not concerned? Just like I wasn’t with swine flu or SARS.

Reactions: 12

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Everyone who’s worried about the NHS and their inability to deal with the corona!
Rest easy, the island beside you have brought in the big guns......
Ireland seem to have it covered.
Fuck me. 🤣😂🤣

B710FC7D-9426-4C4B-B715-D74D37807F2F.jpeg

If you look like either of the patients in this extremely detailed mock up, immediately get yourself to a hospital, or hangman board.

• Haha

Notothefakes

VIP Member
Oh my goodness Boris does not come across well at all! His answers are nothing. At least the other two ... admittedly experts in their fields have got very solid answers. His are so blasé! I’ve never had less faith in a prime minister. I could answer the questions as well as Boris just by turning up unbriefed!

He’s still shaking people’s hands! Surely that’s something that’s so simple that could help!

Last edited:

Death2unicorns

Interesting... In what sense do you think - Chinese morals not aligning with the west? Or a new wave of Red Scare?

I don’t know if it counts as moral panic but I keep getting upset about the animals they eat. The poor pangolins - now thought to be the virus’ missing link between bats and humans, also the world’s most trafficked animal - you could also get peacocks, bats, foxes, crocodiles, giant salamanders, snakes, and porcupines at that market. I’m sure dogs as well. But the ‘rules’ about what can be eaten is just culture and varies from country to country.
I don’t get why they have to eat all of these different animals, can’t they just bloody eat chicken and beef like everyone else lol

mummy2under2

VIP Member
Someone's ransacked literally every shop in my borough of hand sanitizer, toilet rolls, soap, bleach, you name it thy bought it.
The same people have set up a little stall in Sainsbury's carpark and are selling it all for double the price!
And people are buying it 😂🙈
Baffles me that people are panicing THAT much that they can't wait a couple of days for restock.

• Wow
  • Haha

caitlinbullen

VIP Member
I did put a few extra things in the trolley at the weekend and my husband thought I was crazy putting in tinned carrots 😂 He said when have we ever eaten tinned carrots 🤷🏽‍♀️😂 Looks like he won't be eating them then if we need them 😂
He won’t be laughing when he’s having carrots and plain pasta on day 13 of self-isolation!!

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Mycuppatea

I'm afraid that that still sounds rather patronising given that nobody on this thread has said that they are "panicking". You also have no clue as to other's professions and/or knowledge of the subject. Given that I have connections in both the medical and science fields, I'll keep up my basic hygiene and add extra non perishable food as I see fit. But thats just my perspective 🤷‍♀️
I agree with you, Mrs Garcia. I have generalised anxiety and am actually coping quite well and not panicking which surprises me but I am taking precautions. Of course the Government says not to stock up because if everyone headed to the shops to do so it would be fights and chaos. However, I doubt Boris will be bringing me a bag of groceries if the poop hits the fan and my kids are going hungry, so I'll do what I think is best. Remember the poor people told to stay in their flats by "the authorities" when Grendel burned?

• Heart
Reactions: 11