Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #88

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Previous thread here:

We are a year since first lockdown, deaths and infections are going down. MSM are all scaremongering regarding a third wave.

Reactions: 5
This is is response to @Blond3g1rl said:
You would think it was a national day of mourning the way Bbc breakfast were going on this morning.

My response:

It was a national day of mourning....it was a day of reflection to remember the lives of the 126k people who have died so far.

I took part in a minutes silence to remember them and gave thanks that I have not had the misfortune or heartbreak of losing anyone to this awful virus.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Oxford are already on the case before Pfizer......

It's the future of vaccines and will be so much easier just giving someone a pill to neck or disolve in some water. It's far quicker to vaccinate everyone and far cheaper too with not needing billions of different items such as needles. When people need their antibodies increased and it's as easy as taking something for an headache that will be amazing.

Reactions: 2
This is is response to @Blond3g1rl said:
You would think it was a national day of mourning the way Bbc breakfast were going on this morning.

My response:

It was a national day of mourning....it was a day of reflection to remember the lives of the 126k people who have died so far.

I took part in a minutes silence to remember them and gave thanks that I have not had the misfortune or heartbreak of losing anyone to this awful virus.
I understand all that but

what about people who died of sepsis or cancer etc all by themselves do they not deserve a minute silence

• Heart
Reactions: 15
A year in.... dont really know what to say!

Ive been so emotional the last few days, looking back at photos/texts etc from this time last year and remembering the utter terror I felt about it all. Remembering the emotion of been kept away from my mum and family. It honestly feels like I've been through a proper trauma.

BUT I've got through the year!

Today has been about remembering those who have lost their lives this past year and those that have mourned for loved ones theyve lost.

I didn't go and stand on the doorstep at 8pm, but we lit candles in front window ♥

Reactions: 10

The passport style app shown in the article to scan you straight in somewhere is a quick way to pack out venues safely. People who don't want the vaccine can just take a test before coming in. My only issue as has been the case throughout is privacy. Us losing freedoms and places doing god knows what with our information. It's a slippery slope to being like China spied on 24/7.

• Sad
Reactions: 6

what about people who died of sepsis or cancer etc all by themselves do they not deserve a minute silence
Whataboutism... isn’t really helpful tbh.

After ww1 there’s been a national Remembrance Day in November to mark the end of the war and commemorate the lives lost. I’m not sure many people were saying in 1919 “what about the boer war? Why can’t we have a Remembrance Day for that?”

Similar idea.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

After ww1 there’s been a national Remembrance Day in November to mark the end of the war and commemorate the lives lost. I’m not sure many people were saying in 1919 “what about the boer war? Why can’t we have a Remembrance Day for that?”

Similar idea.
This situation is nothing like WW1 to be fair.

Reactions: 8
This situation is nothing like WW1 to be fair.
unnecessary loss of life for an extended period? A situation that effects the whole population? I didn’t say the war was like the pandemic anyway.

Besides, my point was the commemoration. I think it’s fair to acknowledge the anniversary of the first lockdown.

Reactions: 7
unnecessary loss of life for an extended period? A situation that effects the whole population? I didn’t say the war was like the pandemic anyway.

Besides, my point was the commemoration. I think it’s fair to acknowledge the anniversary of the first lockdown.
I still don't see it as anything like a war. But yes, if people want to commemorate it that's up to them. Although it was pushed heavily on the news etc I'm not convinced of the actual appetite for it.

Reactions: 6
Can we not just respectfully acknowledge those who’ve sadly lost their lives, and move on? We are still in the pandemic. It has been hard on everyone and I think most of us just want to get on with our lives without having it constantly looming over us everywhere we turn. The television was ridiculous today, every blooming channel. There is literally no escape from it, no wonder our mental health is in crisis. It’s overkill.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Similar idea.
you don’t think that thousands of people who died alone in the last year from things other than covid don’t deserve a thought!!! Right then

Reactions: 10

I see your point as well

Of course they’re equally as deserving.

I think that sadly sepsis and cancer are all too familiar to too many of us and awareness is continually raised through fundraising which supports research into treatment etc

Covid hit the whole world like a tonne of bricks from nowhere, blindsided us all and on our small island has wiped out an additional 126k in the space of a year. For every single one of us, whether we have personally experienced one of those deaths or not, our lives have been shaped and curtailed in so many ways by restrictions designed to prevent us from adding to that tally.

Today was a day of reflection and rightly so. We have all been through so much.

Reactions: 13
There are days dedicated to cancer such as World Cancer Day which raise awareness. Today was a day to remember those who have lost their lives in the pandemic.

Reactions: 9
Can we not just respectfully acknowledge those who’ve sadly lost their lives, and move on? We are still in the pandemic. It has been hard on everyone and I think most of us just want to get on with our lives without having it constantly looming over us everywhere we turn. The television was ridiculous today, every blooming channel. There is literally no escape from it, no wonder our mental health is in crisis. It’s overkill.
I haven't watched anything Covid today except Finding Derek, which I now realise was timed with the anniversary. It's not that I'm not bothered. I am but it's just too much. I don't need a specific moment to remember the dead (we've had our own family Covid loss), I didn't want to stand on my doorstep.
I just want to keep on keeping on until it's over. I know that isn't everyone's way and that's cool but for me the media overkill was too much so I opted out.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
you don’t think that thousands of people who died alone in the last year from things other than covid don’t deserve a thought!!! Right then
Obviously I do. No need to get angry. I was saying whataboutism isn’t helpful. Just reminds me of a few weeks ago when in response to women talking about misogyny and violence they’ve experienced (And others) at the hands of men some men thought it was appropriate to say “well men get killed/raped too” 🙄 there’s a time and a place for that conversation, it doesn’t mean it isn’t also happening!

There are days dedicated to cancer such as World Cancer Day which raise awareness. Today was a day to remember those who have lost their lives in the pandemic.
Exactly.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I haven't watched anything Covid today except Finding Derek, which I now realise was timed with the anniversary. It's not that I'm not bothered. I am but it's just too much. I don't need a specific moment to remember the dead (we've had our own family Covid loss), I didn't want to stand on my doorstep.
I just want to keep on keeping on until it's over. I know that isn't everyone's way and that's cool but for me the media overkill was too much so I opted out.
That’s exactly how I feel.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.