Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #87

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Previous thread here:

I cba to do a decent recap as let's be honest, we're all sick of this tit 🙃 Wales are seemingly locked down for a lot longer. Ireland (not sure if ROI or NI) has suspended use of Oxford AZ vaccine as have some other places due to scares about a potential link to blood clots. Blah blah blah covid-19 is rubbish.

Reactions: 8
The retail stores haven’t really said MUCH.

Do we think they will all open on 12th or step by step?

Reactions: 1
It’s a new reaction that was reported to them late on Friday night they’re waiting on other data in the coming week to see if it’s safe to resume it’s only precautionary
5FC6A5AD-8CF3-442D-9952-F642A04399AD.jpeg

Reactions: 1
@AllSeeingEye123 thank you, that’s helpful. I’m really nervous anyway, I had a traumatic health experience years ago so I’m just being silly haha
Haha you will be fine :) A few dozen bad cases out of over 25 million doses that can't be proven to be down to the vaccine isn't worth worrying about. I bet Italy wish they had enough to go around....

Reactions: 6
Why did I misread that as bad witch instead of bad batch 🤦🏽‍♀️😂
A cross witch at the end 😂

Haha you will be fine :) A few dozen bad cases out of over 25 million doses that can't be proven to be down to the vaccine isn't worth worrying about. I bet Italy wish they had enough to go around....

So adverse reactions shouldn't be reported ?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
A cross witch at the end 😂

So adverse reactions shouldn't be reported ?
Absolutely but nobody should be put off by a few dozen cases out of over 25 million doses and that haven't been proven to be linked. It's far less safe to go without the vaccine. Especially as they already cannot wait to put the frighteners on us for the autumn.

Absolutely but nobody should be put off by a few dozen cases out of over 25 million doses and that haven't been proven to be linked. It's far less safe to go without the vaccine. Especially as they already cannot wait to put the frighteners on us for the autumn.

The thing with the vaccine it's an individual response anyway so just the luck of the draw and entirely on how your immune system is triggered by it the Isle of Man are in a bad way after them doing so well.

The thing with the vaccine it's an individual response anyway so just the luck of the draw and entirely on how your immune system is triggered by it the Isle of Man are in a bad way after them doing so well.
IOM show you cannot stop covid as soon as you open back up cases rise again because workers have been allowed to arrive without going into quarantine.

Seems strange many EU countries have stopped using a British made vaccine but continue to use Pfizer that's had more bad reactions. It's almost like the EU want to try and score points for Brexit.

Reactions: 8
Feel really confused about Kate Garraway’s husband because I thought he had woken up but then today I’ve read that he might never wake up? And there is a massive possibility that he will never be the same again. This is going to sound cruel but I’m genuinely confused what the NHS are doing in this case? They seem to be putting alooooot of effort into her husband but it also seems that it is not in his best interests?

Reactions: 9
Found out today that someone I know who is under a consultant for a mild heart condition has had the vaccine.....but the bit I don’t understand is that she is only 17?!?!?! 😳 I didn’t think they were vaccinating under 18s yet?! This is in England by the way.

Reactions: 2
Found out today that someone I know who is under a consultant for a mild heart condition has had the vaccine.....but the bit I don’t understand is that she is only 17?!?!?! 😳 I didn’t think they were vaccinating under 18s yet?! This is in England by the way.
By the sounds of it they would fall under priority group 6 which says from 16+

By the sounds of it they would fall under priority group 6 which says from 16+
I would agree if she were an adult but she’s only aged 17?!

Edited to add, I’ve just read your post properly and seen it says from 16+, sorry! Thank you for that!

The news from the Isle of Man goes to show how pointless strict quarantine is when a country is reliant on manned imports. This should have been at the forefront of Boris's mind before he spaffed away countless millions on hotel rooms that no-one is using.

Great news from the hospitality industry this morning too; someone finally has the gumption to pull the government through the courts. Hopefully they will win and then the travel industry can join the pile on. It would be great to see them being held to account although I never thought we'd see the day where the courts are HMs Opposition.

Reactions: 4
Feel really confused about Kate Garraway’s husband because I thought he had woken up but then today I’ve read that he might never wake up? And there is a massive possibility that he will never be the same again. This is going to sound cruel but I’m genuinely confused what the NHS are doing in this case? They seem to be putting alooooot of effort into her husband but it also seems that it is not in his best interests?
The article yesterday said he was conscious occasionally. She described it as if he were in a sea of unconsciousness, only managing to rise to the surface for air occasionally, or words similar to that. The article also says he has deteriorated again over Christmas and regressed in the progress he'd made.

I don't think the NHS are doing anything more that they normally would. He's maintaining his airway but is essentially 'locked in'. All they can do is provide the care he needs. It's sounds like a very sad situation.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
The news from the Isle of Man goes to show how pointless strict quarantine is when a country is reliant on manned imports. This should have been at the forefront of Boris's mind before he spaffed away countless millions on hotel rooms that no-one is using.

Great news from the hospitality industry this morning too; someone finally has the gumption to pull the government through the courts. Hopefully they will win and then the travel industry can join the pile on. It would be great to see them being held to account although I never thought we'd see the day where the courts are HMs Opposition.

Are they not vaccinating on the Isle of Man I haven't heard much about it there.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.