Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #64

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sending you lots of love! I don’t really have much to offer but you’ll be moving soon and hopefully you’ll feel safe in your new home. You can then start to put up your protection again and go back to shielding! 💕
Thank you! I appreciate it. I think the initial shock has worn off now, so instead of just feeling numb I have a whole host of emotions. It really doesn't help that I'm home alone throughout the day. But apparently our new normal is me having my keys between my fingers at all times in the house, jumping at sudden noises and having the local police station on speed dial. I just never thought it would be like this 😔 ❤

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
A family friend died last night of suspected Covid, he was isolating on his own after his partner was positive collapsed last night and died. Never found out if he did have Covid before his home testing kit didn’t turn up.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Feeling a bit bummed, here in Scotland we’ve not been able to meet people indoors since September, and I can’t see any chance of that changing before Christmas (obviously there’s the Christmas bubble relaxation) and then in January I can’t see Nicola allowing us to mix indoors either. I miss my family and friends and just want to be able to see them freely again.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
A family friend died last night of suspected Covid, he was isolating on his own after his partner was positive collapsed last night and died. Never found out if he did have Covid before his home testing kit didn’t turn up.
So sorry for your loss Tublet ❤😔

It could be to do with a blood clot if it was COVID-19? My mums friend collapsed in the middle of the street, turns out she had coronavirus which caused a DVT that came dislodged and caused a pulmonary embolism. Thankfully someone called an ambulance, she went to hospital and survived but it sounds like it could be similar. Hope you get some answers x

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Thank you! I appreciate it. I think the initial shock has worn off now, so instead of just feeling numb I have a whole host of emotions. It really doesn't help that I'm home alone throughout the day. But apparently our new normal is me having my keys between my fingers at all times in the house, jumping at sudden noises and having the local police station on speed dial. I just never thought it would be like this 😔 ❤
Things will get better - like with everything it takes time. Do you have anything to do during the day to keep you and your mind busy? Your new normal will just be a phase and with time and support things will return to how they were before. Have you been able to seek any sort of counselling/support for this? It might help if you can access any ♥

• Heart
So sorry for your loss. That’s awful☹

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I'm so sorry xx

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Things will get better - like with everything it takes time. Do you have anything to do during the day to keep you and your mind busy? Your new normal will just be a phase and with time and support things will return to how they were before. Have you been able to seek any sort of counselling/support for this? It might help if you can access any ♥
I'm sure they will get better. I'm self employed but gave myself this week off, as I can't focus on work at all. It's crap, as I need money but I can't bring myself to do it. So I'm just focusing on packing up the house instead. I'm not much use when it comes to the big things, but I can get everything we don't need immediately packed away ready to be taken over ASAP. I haven't accessed any counselling yet, it has been suggested to me though so I'm considering it. I'm just wondering if it's just being in this house where it took place is triggering me as I can't go into specific rooms unless I have to. So I think I may be OK by the time we move. ❤

The spa break we were supposed to go on has been cancelled. The actual spa can open but we were staying in their hotel with a meal etc. so they asked if we wanted to amend or request a refund.

I’ve gone with a refund with a promise that we’ll be straight back in touch as soon as things look more promising!

I’m really impressed with their customer service. Apparently Center Parcs are also offering refunds or £100 discounts off amendments which I thought was great.

Reactions: 9
Feeling a bit bummed, here in Scotland we’ve not been able to meet people indoors since September, and I can’t see any chance of that changing before Christmas (obviously there’s the Christmas bubble relaxation) and then in January I can’t see Nicola allowing us to mix indoors either. I miss my family and friends and just want to be able to see them freely again.
Guessing you're in tier 3 or 4? If not you could meet them in a cafe etc. which might not be ideal but at least it would be better than freezing outside and let you catch up in person.

There’s talk of extended Christmas holidays in Scotland to allow infections to die down after families mix at Xmas. Makes sense imo, it’s already unsafe enough in schools never mind adding families mingling into the mix

Reactions: 6
That’s awful. I’m so sorry 😢

• Heart
That's so sad, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Im so over this isolation marlarky. Still have 7 days to go. Middle child still well but is starting to cough a bit now. Youngest has an infrequent cough, but thankfully no temp or anything else. Oldest is fine, me and husband have achey heads but otherwise we'll. But even if we get through this OK, we come out onto tier three restrictions. Hard not to feel a bit low at this time.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Very sorry to hear of your loss xx

• Heart
Sorry to hear that x

• Heart
Ugh. The first barre studio I went to has had to close. They've been here almost 10 years and in 9 months their whole business has crumbled. It's so sad. They will do online classes but it isn't the same. Our province's premiere has apologised for locking down small businesses in the first restrictions in summer and I don't think he will shut down businesses again - there has been no known transmission at gyms or hair salons here. We have a ban on mixing households and hopefully that helps numbers as much of them were from social gatherings. Schools are closing for those aged 12 and up starting next week - online classes. And they will have an extra week off over the holidays. Businesses that can do so are encouraged to let people WFH again.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.