Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #64

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
BIB my thoughts exactly, I think many here in the UK are going to flout the rules for xmas.
I can see testing figures taking a nose dive.

By 10th Dec be massive drop even with regular with symptoms covid testing .
I think even those with symptoms won't want to lose income or self isolate over xmas.

As for mass testing tier 3 hes lost all goodwill here.
I'm skeptical if many in these areas will engage with mass testing which may make area postives seem worse keeping them tier 3 longer.
You have those up north been tier 3 forever and fatigued.

Then you have tier 1 into tier 3 like Kent or Bristol that are fuming as feels like sacrifices of 4 week mock down been for nothing.

There possibly tory revolts Labour not indicating which way they go.
They might get more respect from me if they don't abstain or support as usual.
I'm no fan either party right now.

Reactions: 2
I can see testing figures taking a nose dive.

By 10th Dec be massive drop even with regular with symptoms covid testing .
I think even those with symptoms won't want to lose income or self isolate over xmas.

As for mass testing tier 3 hes lost all goodwill here.
I'm skeptical if many in these areas will engage with mass testing which may make area postives seem worse keeping them tier 3 longer.
You have those up north been tier 3 forever and fatigued.

Then you have tier 1 into tier 3 like Kent or Bristol that are fuming as feels like sacrifices of 4 week mock down been for nothing.

There possibly tory revolts Labour not indicating which way they go.
They might get more respect from me if they don't abstain or support as usual.
I'm no fan either party right now.
Definitely think you could be right with this.

I must say, new Christmas baubles rule kind of makes sense from political point of view. From friends and family that we have spoken too most are not planning to use the bauble rules, just going to stick to the household (and support bubble for some) and then go for a walk with grandparents/meet outside distanced/etc. And then people who were going to break the rules anyway now just wouldn’t face a fine.
The government is probablybalancing it on the fact that a lot of people were going to break the rules, and trying to police it would be really difficult. We have friends who have rented a house down the road from their parents, they have moved now, but how would you police someone like that? How would you stop them from walking down the road on Christmas Day? Road blocks could have stopped people from traveling across the country, but they haven’t done it even in the first lockdown 😂

Reactions: 7
Oh lovey, just don't be defeated. Now you stand tall and hold your head up high. If he ever does it again breathe in deeply and look him up and down, twice. Then you laugh and get on with whatever you're doing. You've obviously reported the sad prick so keep going my lovely. PM me if you wish to chat. 🥰
Thank you so much💖 he joined the company during lockdown and I was allocated as his mentor to help train him. I’ve never even met the creep😅 My management have been great and even text me this morning on my day off to make sure I’m okay. Thank you, everyone on here is so lovely 💖

Reactions: 7
Thank you so much💖 he joined the company during lockdown and I was allocated as his mentor to help train him. I’ve never even met the creep😅 My management have been great and even text me this morning on my day off to make sure I’m okay. Thank you, everyone on here is so lovely 💖
He probably thinks because you're younger that you'll be too intimidated to do anything. Really glad you are and that your management seem supportive.

• Heart
Well he’s an idiot as well as a creep. How do some people’s minds work?! Hopefully appropriate action is taken against him 🤨

I must say, new Christmas baubles rule kind of makes sense from political point of view.
I know this was probs a typo, but I do think we should refer to them as our Christmas baubles rather bubbles from here on. Bit more festive 🎄🎅😂

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I think I’ve been asleep the past 24 hours. I missed Bojo’s conference and all the rage about the English Tier system.

I’m not in England and it doesn’t impact me (we have our own genius 5 tier scale... that ends at 4 😂🙈)

Can I ask (genuine, please don’t bite my head off!) is everyone really surprised about the high Tiers? I’m not sure a 4 week national lockdown could be justified if they then relaxed it Straight down to Tier 1. 🧐 Surely any steps back from lockdown should be incremental?

For example, I fully would expect Glasgow which currently on our highest tier (essentially a full lockdown) to move to tier 3 in the near future but not straight down to 1/2.

Although this is mainly because schools are still open, loads more workplaces stretching the “essential” definition and people probably fed up and not complying. So numbers are staying stubbornly high.

Ach, it’s all tit. I feel for all high tiered areas across UK.

Reactions: 6
They have full missed a trick not calling them Christmas Baubles.

It's officially day 1 of the new N.I. lockdown - lockdown 2.0 or 3.0? I've lost track. Any guesses as to how we will exit lockdown? Tiers? Hospitality back open fully?

Reactions: 9
I think I’ve been asleep the past 24 hours. I missed Bojo’s conference and all the rage about the English Tier system.

I’m not in England and it doesn’t impact me (we have our own genius 5 tier scale... that ends at 4 😂🙈)

Can I ask (genuine, please don’t bite my head off!) is everyone really surprised about the high Tiers? I’m not sure a 4 week national lockdown could be justified if they then relaxed it Straight down to Tier 1. 🧐 Surely any steps back from lockdown should be incremental?

For example, I fully would expect Glasgow which currently on our highest tier (essentially a full lockdown) to move to tier 3 in the near future but not straight down to 1/2.

Although this is mainly because schools are still open, loads more workplaces stretching the “essential” definition and people probably fed up and not complying. So numbers are staying stubbornly high.

This was my feeing too Meh, I was never expecting T1 - we have quite low rates which are falling but was still considering T3 (ended up in 2) but I think from reading others comments it’s more the way it’s been decided rather than the actual tiering.

Also the general consensus on Twitter is that London have had preferential treatment again, which I spose must make T3 feel worse.

Reactions: 9
This was my feeing too Meh, I was never expecting T1 - we have quite low rates which are falling but was still considering T3 (ended up in 2) but I think from reading others comments it’s more the way it’s been decided rather than the actual tiering.

Also the general consensus on Twitter is that London have had preferential treatment again, which I spose must make T3 feel worse.
Awk the classic London centric approach. No bloody wonder people are raging about that 😡

It’s the same here: Glasgow and West were dealt with delicately for weeks but Aberdeen was put into a straight lockdown. It’s led to accusations of SNP favouritism towards Glasgow (a “Yes” city)

Hopefully with the vaccines in the pipeline 2021 will have some glimmer of hope 🤞🏻🤞🏻

I’m not in England either but to be fair - in Wales we went from local lockdowns (no household mixing anywhere, no travel between areas) to full lockdown then into less restrictions than before... and now we’re being told the virus is spreading again. No tit Sherlock 😂

My friends in England are in tier 3 areas now but they were previously tier 1. They were holding onto having some freedom after the last 4 weeks and now that’s been taken away indefinitely so they’re pretty upset but I can see why it’s happened.

At this point I truly believe closing hospitality is just pushing people to have friends over illegally to their homes. People are still seeing each other but it’s a case of whether they are seeing others in plain sight or hiding it. In the summer it wasn’t so bad as it was warm and you could meet a friend outside, but now it’s freezing. The government must know this though, I guess they are aiming for a lower level of compliance this time hence the harsh restrictions.

In tier 3 here.
Not surprised here. Still had a cry at the sheer frustration of it all when it was announced.
We’ve been in some kind of local lockdown or tier 3 for many months.
My husband had a stroke end August and we haven’t been allowed any visitors in all that time.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
my gym wont be offering classes even though we are tier 2 - totally fine and up to them but a bit annoying as thats the only reason I go to the gym and they won't let people pause their memberships if you did it last time around!

Reactions: 1
I'm a bit of a stickler for rules (even if I don't agree with them) and started shielding again a week before the national lockdown 2. But, due to what happened to us over the weekend (if you read my previous posts, you'll see - but we were broken into by thugs with knives) I've been staying at MIL house, begrudgingly mind - as she's been mixing with people as usual and I'm vulnerable. I just don't feel safe in my own home anymore. I'm so deflated after the mess that is this week, I'm so angry because of what happened and how it's affected us both. I'm so angry that it's come to this and that they put us in danger, then I'm potentially putting myself into further risk by mixing with another household with MIL and partners siblings who are at school. I'm so glad that we're moving house before the tier 3 comes into place, so just a few more days. I just can't cope with it anymore. I'm just tired 😭 sorry for the vent

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Not sure how long this process will take - the other 2 are already being reviewed I think? Fingers crossed.
291A21BA-D877-4564-9CD8-93069E58F263.jpeg

Reactions: 1
I'm a bit of a stickler for rules (even if I don't agree with them) and started shielding again a week before the national lockdown 2. But, due to what happened to us over the weekend (if you read my previous posts, you'll see - but we were broken into by thugs with knives) I've been staying at MIL house, begrudgingly mind - as she's been mixing with people as usual and I'm vulnerable. I just don't feel safe in my own home anymore. I'm so deflated after the mess that is this week, I'm so angry because of what happened and how it's affected us both. I'm so angry that it's come to this and that they put us in danger, then I'm potentially putting myself into further risk by mixing with another household with MIL and partners siblings who are at school. I'm so glad that we're moving house before the tier 3 comes into place, so just a few more days. I just can't cope with it anymore. I'm just tired 😭
Sending you lots of love! I don’t really have much to offer but you’ll be moving soon and hopefully you’ll feel safe in your new home. You can then start to put up your protection again and go back to shielding! 💕

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.