Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #64

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Had the worlds worst day in work (a colleague old enough to be my Dad making very inappropriate comments and advances so having to go through formal complaint procedures. Just makes me feel sick to think about) and then found out I’m still Tier 3. Absolutely gutted. Haven’t seen anyone other than my housemate all month.. not seen my family since June. So sad and fed up.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
That's been the advice throughout though with packages and parcels.
These are kids, they aren't social distancing. They are in contact with their classmates 5 days a week for at least 6 hours a day. They breathe in the same air, they touch each others clothes that have come from their individual households and there are many kids who will wear the same uniform every single day without washing it or showering.
Quarantining their christmas cards is a joke, considering everything else they allow to happen in school.
Agree its farcical bits 2 things my mam would say just for show or seen to be seen.
No substance or reason to it.
Tomorrow is school cake sale I made sure my child washed hands and didn't cough over cakes.
Seems bit bonkers compared to cards.

Tier 1 to 3 really ie a kick in the teeth

Has Manchester really got lower r rate than London?

Seems affluent cities York bath London tier 2

Reactions: 1
Thanks everyone. My dad is our one and only support bubble. He’s on his own completely (my mums died and my brother is abroad) so we are staying over at his christmas. In my old bedroom. I can’t wait now 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Had the worlds worst day in work (a colleague old enough to be my Dad making very inappropriate comments and advances so having to go through formal complaint procedures. Just makes me feel sick to think about) and then found out I’m still Tier 3. Absolutely gutted. Haven’t seen anyone other than my housemate all month.. not seen my family since June. So sad and fed up.
I’m so sorry that sounds awful 😔 I don’t have any great words, it’s a pile of Boris’s boxers all round but things will get better it won’t always be this way xx

Reactions: 5
Friday tomorrow. Get the wine open x

Reactions: 4
@prinnygrace hope you are ok, time to get the booze and chocolate out X
I’m so sorry that sounds awful 😔 I don’t have any great words, it’s a pile of Boris’s boxers all round but things will get better it won’t always be this way xx
Friday tomorrow. Get the wine open x
Thanks all 💖 I’m lucky to have amazing management who are doing everything they can to make sure he has no contact with me until the investigation happens. I’ve got a flexi time day off booked tomorrow so treated myself to Chinese and wine tonight 😂 every cloud has a silver lining and all that😅

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Agree its farcical bits 2 things my mam would say just for show or seen to be seen.
No substance or reason to it.
Tomorrow is school cake sale I made sure my child washed hands and didn't cough over cakes.
Seems bit bonkers compared to cards.

Tier 1 to 3 really ie a kick in the teeth

Has Manchester really got lower r rate than London?

Seems affluent cities York bath London tier 2
The government is probably thinking if they open the affluent cities then people are more likely to spend more and keep the economy going more than if they opened up somewhere like Hull.
Stuff like this makes it really untrustworthy. It's so easy to make a city look bad, the more tests=the more positive results. Surely it would be more accurate to do it by percentages. So if they said 'x percentage of people tested are positive'. Doesnt fit with the scaremongering narrative tho

Reactions: 6
The outcome doesn't look good for the USA, no matter what media source.

Their rates per 100k look lower than parts of the UK.

Seems like each state does it own thing.
Utah and texas think are bad.
My relative louisianna act like pandemic doesn't exist recent pics graduation no masks.

I guess American thanksgiving gives vus indication how bad we be jan after Xmas .

Reactions: 4
Kill me now! Hubby has just arranged a boxing day zoom present unwrapping with his brothers family. Doing a doorstep exchange beforehand then opening each others gifts on a zoom call. What the actual duck? Is this my life now?

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Their rates per 100k look lower than parts of the UK.

Seems like each state does it own thing.
Utah and texas think are bad.
My relative louisianna act like pandemic doesn't exist recent pics graduation no masks.

I guess American thanksgiving gives vus indication how bad we be jan after Xmas .
BIB my thoughts exactly, I think many here in the UK are going to flout the rules for xmas.

Reactions: 3
Oh lovey, just don't be defeated. Now you stand tall and hold your head up high. If he ever does it again breathe in deeply and look him up and down, twice. Then you laugh and get on with whatever you're doing. You've obviously reported the sad prick so keep going my lovely. PM me if you wish to chat. 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.