Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
We’re allowed to book holiday in the first 2 weeks in December but it’s limited to how many people can be off. Then we can just book Boxing Day.

Oh and we have the book Xmas day off too or work a different day that week.

You always get people trying to book the whole of Christmas week off 😂
That's generous. Ours was no holiday at all. If you worked boxing day you got new years eve off and everyone worked xmas eve.

Happy Lady

VIP Member
What does bubbling mean specifically? I haven't had to do it yet. If my household and my mums household bubbled would we not be allowed, both of us, to see other households?

For my own understanding then -

those households you've named there? you will all only be allowed to see other? i.e. step son and his wife (2nd household) wont also be allowed to go see his friends (another household)?
I think, the way I interpret it, that he'd still be able to see his mum, as she's not included in our numbers.

I see what you mean though about things getting confusing. Is it four households over the whole five day period, or four households a day. The latter would be silly though as the probability of spreading the virus, if anyone has it, would be too great.

Happy Lady

VIP Member
Is what included in their job descriptions?

The things I just mentioned?

Okay, if people really wanted to look at things that way... it could be argued that front line NHS staff are also doing things “just in their job descriptions” I mean, they chose to work in health care, when a health pandemic emerges it’s clearly within the boundary of their job descriptions and not over and above. Infectious disease surely comes as part of the remit of being a doctor or nurse? It’s definitely part of their study, training and contingency plans.

No?

For the record I do not think this way. I think this pandemic has been the jolt society needed to recognise the immense importance of the NHS... but that’s ALL of the NHS. Not just the hero worship of a select few.
Yes I do agree with you here

monga

VIP Member
Yeah but surely that's just because they need to know if someone tests positive? Say four days into a school holiday a child gets a positive result, they will have been in school whilst being contagious. They simply want confirmation of a positive or negative result, not physical proof of that result.
Idk I assumed it meant they wanted proof either way before the child could return ? as in the second paragraph it states if the child is pos they want informed also ?