Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #61

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wasn’t scaremongers I posted an article from sky news with this headline ....View attachment 303119
I didn’t mean you I meant the article, the headline is scaremongering 💖 If you read the article it clarifies at the end it’s related to Tesco stores with Mezzaine floors. This isn’t a Gov instructed blanket restriction on non essential shopping in supermarkets

Reactions: 8
I didn’t mean you I meant the article, the headline is scaremongering 💖 If you read the article it clarifies at the end it’s related to Tesco stores with Mezzaine floors. This isn’t a Gov instructed blanket restriction on non essential shopping in supermarkets
I thought you meant me as you finished with ignore people ,none of our Tescos have mezzanine floors but our Asdas do so hopefully it won't effect them

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I thought you meant me as you finished with ignore people ,none of our Tescos have mezzanine floors but our Asdas do so hopefully it won't effect them
I will be travelling up the escalators like on gladiators to get to the onesies and Christmas pyjamas if they don’t let me 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
00A643F5-A0A4-4515-AF8C-2F12BA17E6E6.png

just received this. Very obviously a scam but just wanted to post so you could pass the message on that it’s going around! id hate to think of someone being scammed especially not at this time!

• Sad
Reactions: 15
View attachment 303142
just received this. Very obviously a scam but just wanted to post so you could pass the message on that it’s going around! id hate to think of someone being scammed especially not at this time!
Those scams have been going around for years there's ones from Amazon ,TV licensing ,02 you name it ..HMRC never contact you by phone only by letter ,..good to get it highlighted though....Is that your phone number you've left visable ? or theirs..

Reactions: 5
Those scams have been going around for years there's ones from Amazon ,TV licensing ,02 you name it ..HMRC never contact you by phone only by letter ,..good to get it highlighted though....Is that your phone number you've left visable ? or theirs..
Its the scammers number.

I cant stand these scams, I do wonder what happens and if these people ever get caught.

Reactions: 6
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
I get them steady even phone calls so annoying ...I saw too that experian are getting action taken against them as anyone that had a credit check through them were getting their details passed to other companies I think that's were they get peoples numbers fromhttps://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/ne...t-experian-after-personal-data-investigation/
Oh wow. Considering our govt require you to use Experian (or the post office) for identity purposes when signing on to your government gateway accounts online, thats a lot of peoples information!!

Reactions: 8
Oh wow. Considering our govt require you to use Experian (or the post office) for identity purposes when signing on to your government gateway accounts online, thats a lot of peoples information!!
Yes everyone uses Experian even banks to get your credit score if you're opening an account .I've checked mine on there ,just because it's free ,those clubcards that Tesco and the supermarkets run are the same they pass your details to other companies that's how they make most of their money .

Reactions: 3
Distressing news to read that a new strain of covid virus may be carried in mink, and that not only have officials in Denmark had to cull over "20 million" of the animals from mink farms, but the same mink problem has been discovered in Italy, Holland, Spain, the US and Sweden, which suggests millions more mink will be put to death:cry::mad:

The new strain in the animals could be resistant to new covid vaccines.

Quite disgusting to read mink farms still exist in this day and age.:mad:

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
If they do it in one store the rest will follow if it's company policy and Gov advice ?
When Boris gave his lockdown announcement, I clearly remember that he said supermarkets should not do this. So don't know where the report says it's on government advice :unsure:

Reactions: 9
Distressing news to read that a new strain of covid virus may be carried in mink, and that not only have officials in Denmark had to cull over "20 million" of the animals from mink farms, but the same mink problem has been discovered in Italy, Holland, Spain, the US and Sweden, which suggests millions more mink will be put to death:cry::mad:

The new strain in the animals could be resistant to new covid vaccines.

Quite disgusting to read mink farms still exist in this day and age.:mad:
They cull captive animals / livestock with infectious diseases to contain the outbreak stop it being caught by by wide animals (I would guess weasels/moles/badger in this case) and spreading it over a larger geographical area . They did that on a large scale in the uk in 2001 during the Fmd epidemic.

Reactions: 5
Just re read the article..Tesco are doing it in stores with Mezzanine floors. Scaremongering article, ignore people 🥴🥱
Our Tesco has done this. A letter to staff was sent to our towns local Facebook page. Oddly it was then requested to be taken down.
It said staff will wait at the bottom of the travelator and bring down what you need on request. If items are clothing or shoes then they will bring a selection that you can choose from.
As thats the case I'm assuming its more an act to control numbers than spread the virus 🤔

Reactions: 6
Our Tesco has done this. A letter to staff was sent to our towns local Facebook page. Oddly it was then requested to be taken down.
It said staff will wait at the bottom of the travelator and bring down what you need on request. If items are clothing or shoes then they will bring a selection that you can choose from.
As thats the case I'm assuming its more an act to control numbers than spread the virus 🤔
Also helps with staffing I suspect as well

I hate this virus and living through restrictions, fear and not knowing when it will end.

After watching the rugby live from Australia yesterday, where there was a normal crowd, noone wearing masks and seeing everyone's faces, happiness is something we've not seen for so long.

So I told my OH that I wanted a month in Australia in January. The look on his face told me this is something I will need to work on. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
If they do it in one store the rest will follow if it's company policy and Gov advice ?
Our local supermarket in France has cordoned off clothes / electrical items etc. Baby clothes and make up are still classed as essential though.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.