Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #60

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm sure there'd be thousands of people like that it's just plain stupid.
Wonder why she didn't ask her GP for help. Five days is a long time for someone with covid symptoms. They could have ended up in hospital, passing it on to others or suffered unnecessarily.

You do realise monga that I don't bother checking the news any more because I know you'll post links on here. You need a newsreader in your avatar. :giggle:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I think it's much more than that, how long until money is worthless?

The 2008 recession was never solved, they just printed money and assets predictably inflated in price. Making the average Joe with a semi think he's getting richer (he's not), the wealthy got far more wealthy and the poor got far much poorer.

The game all changed when central banks started, for the first time in many cases out of their hundreds of years of existence, printing money. They're going to keep on doing this. Take from those that saved and bail out those that loaded up on debt. Debt is apparently wealth after all 😶

And the cival unrest it'll cause with some people paid not to work and others working throughout very difficult times.
Exactly. It won't be long until our money isn't even physical, just numbers on a screen. Heading into conspiracy theory now but the talk of a cashless society is very real.

Next step is Gov intervention in your money and how it's spent and the access to it!

Reactions: 4
Exactly. It won't be long until our money isn't even physical, just numbers on a screen. Heading into conspiracy theory now but the talk of a cashless society is very real.

Next step is Gov intervention in your money and how it's spent and the access to it!
The only problem with a cashless society is when things go wrong and you can't access your money online. Not for the first time have some banks been temporarily offline (TSB being the most obvious) due to "technical problems", which meant people couldn't make any transactions anywhere, not even at supermarkets because their cards couldn't be verified at source.

Reactions: 6
The only problem with a cashless society is when things go wrong and you can't access your money online. Not for the first time have some banks been temporarily offline (TSB being the most obvious) due to "technical problems", which meant people couldn't make any transactions anywhere, not even at supermarkets because their cards couldn't be verified at source.
And imagine if those "technical problems" were more frequent to get people to follow any regs in place?

Cashless suits a lot of people as its convenient, especially with contactless and technical problems aren't that frequent. You see it more and more, even farmers markets etc all take card now as no one really carries cash.

I do as that's how I budget and now I only shop in places that accept cash. Poundland by us refuses all cash transactions for example so I don't go there out of principle! 😂

And imagine if those "technical problems" were more frequent to get people to follow any regs in place?

Cashless suits a lot of people as its convenient, especially with contactless and technical problems aren't that frequent. You see it more and more, even farmers markets etc all take card now as no one really carries cash.

I do as that's how I budget and now I only shop in places that accept cash. Poundland by us refuses all cash transactions for example so I don't go there out of principle! 😂
Cashless is good and convenient, when it works!

But

I work in IT and it really is quite incredible to read how easy it is to "crack" a contactless transaction, and at a cost of £79.99 for the "device" in question. That's how easy it is to hack into an account.

Fortunately, the banks are just about one step ahead of the game; but just like with keyless cars, hackers will always find a way through.

Reactions: 2
Council Tax will be up for a start, in fact a man from our council came to our door on Thursday asking if any lives next door, the neighbour died a few months back and the house is up for sale which means councils are checking empty properties.
Our property taxes go up every year. They are already a fortune 😢. My husband's salary is also in the top 10% and he pays well over half of it into taxes....i know I know, some people think it should be that way. But it's very hard to swallow when he works so hard and no doubt it will go up.

• Heart
You do realise monga that I don't bother checking the news any more because I know you'll post links on here. You need a newsreader in your avatar. :giggle:
I just came to say the exact same thing 😂 I don’t bother googling or watching the news, just wait for monga’s updates!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Going back to the minks, did I read it correctly that this is a new mutant strain of covid, yes they are culling them but is no one worried that this strain could be worse if it spreads. Yes worse than Covid-19 which we have no cure for 🙈
Sounds bit ridiculous reading that back but the word mutant strain stood out

Cashless is good and convenient, when it works!

But

I work in IT and it really is quite incredible to read how easy it is to "crack" a contactless transaction, and at a cost of £79.99 for the "device" in question. That's how easy it is to hack into an account.

Fortunately, the banks are just about one step ahead of the game; but just like with keyless cars, hackers will always find a way through.
When you say "contactless" are you meaning cards or phones? or does the term cover both?

Looks like it is something to worry about (the minks)I love listening to this guy he explains things perfectly on all aspects of the rona

• Wow
  • Sad

yeh I hate this trend now of places only being cashless (long before corona) I am always reminded of my grandparents who never had credit cards etc they just had a post office acccount where they took out cash

Reactions: 3
Both, but the device I have in mind works on cards mostly. Quite scary
Indeed, I personally only use contactless cards, I would think that using a phone for payments makes you a bigger target, I do have google pay on my phone but that is just to access the QR code for my Pret subscription, I have not got the method set for payments.

Reactions: 1
Does anyone else actually feel a bit more positive now that we are in lockdown?

I think it’s a weight off my shoulders not to be reading the speculation or speculating myself about whether we will have to be in lockdown again or not, I’m actually feeling so much better since it was announced.

Reactions: 13
My husband went to Tesco today to do our food shop and had to venture in to the town centre as he needed a part for work from Wilkos. He said it was like a ghost town so it seems like people are listening 🤞

Reactions: 13
Going back to the minks, did I read it correctly that this is a new mutant strain of covid, yes they are culling them but is no one worried that this strain could be worse if it spreads. Yes worse than Covid-19 which we have no cure for 🙈
Sounds bit ridiculous reading that back but the word mutant strain stood out
I read earlier that scientists have determined Cluster 5 doesn't spread any differently to the normal strain and doesnt cause any worse symptoms. The only real difference is the shape of the 'spikes' which changes how antibodies bind to it, meaning any vaccines being developed won't necessarily protect from this strain.

Reactions: 3
Does anyone else actually feel a bit more positive now that we are in lockdown?

I think it’s a weight off my shoulders not to be reading the speculation or speculating myself about whether we will have to be in lockdown again or not, I’m actually feeling so much better since it was announced.
I think it helps to have online shopping to hand as a fallback, and I don't really agree with this lockdown, I guess we will have to see come 2nd December and beyond.

Reactions: 4
Looks like it is something to worry about (the minks)I love listening to this guy he explains things perfectly on all aspects of the rona
Thanks for that 👍🏻 Few things stood out, it’s could be the new danish virus and the worst thing could be a new pandemic in Denmark. Criky get the borders shut. What’s his name ? I would like to see what else he has to say. Thank you monga

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.