Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #59

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Watching Boris answer questions he hasn’t already vetted is positively painful. He’s not cut out for this tbh

Reactions: 7
I agree completely. I'm sure he was the leak, he pushed things further with his comments this morning and Bojo is trying to lay down the law to him with this latest statement. I can only see Gove as the one to take over from Boris, but the question is, why does he still want to?! He's doing exactly as Boris did while he himself waited for the big job. Biding his time, scheming and backstabbing his way up there, but look where it's got Boris. Gove wants to be careful what he wishes for.
I thought from the start that Gove or his daughter were the leak. Gove's daughter was HUGE on Tiktok a few months ago during the first lockdown. Albeit she was going against the tory govt as a whole including her father but he got her off the platform when newspapers picked it up and she was radio silent for a while. She would always say things the public didn't know and then delete the tiktoks. Wouldn't put it past him to get his daughter to leak it to newspapers.
I cant stand Boris but I really, REALLY cant stand Gove. He's the ultimate slime ball. I was in school when he was education secretary and I remember how he fucked up so much during those years. My teachers couldn't stand him.

Reactions: 11
I honestly think it will only last 28 days due to the impact on the economy. I think we will be back in lockdown in January though!
I said the same to my mum! If they were clever they wouldn’t even wait to see if cases rise in Jan, they would just lock us down for another 4 weeks to account for all the mingling and lack of distancing over Christmas!

Reactions: 2
Thank you so much. It was a very hard time but thankfully since staying away from my extended family I’ve slowly recovered and therapy helped. I didn’t even realise I had ptsd, thought it was just anxiety. Then I developed physical health issues from years of stress. It’s been so hard dealing with this with my son.

My sons always been fiery but never to this extreme, it’s so triggering living with someone who behaves very much like the extended family you’ve had to keep out of your life. My other 2 children are so kind and caring, I miss my son also being like that. He’s only behaved this aggressive the last 4 months because he has a girlfriend that lives in Liverpool and I think he’s just been really angry about all the restrictions where she lives and he’s taking everything out on us and blames us. We wouldn’t let him break the rules and still meet her so he’s angry at us for following rules. It’s been extremely difficult. I really do think if you didn’t have a girlfriend then we wouldn’t be going through this because he was absolutely fine when the whole country was in lockdown initially even though he was still seeing her then. I think once he could meet her he was angry it was restricted again he was also angry in the summer that when he did meet her we had some rules about where he could go. We stuck to the rules of meeting outside and limited exposure in restaurants etc to continue our safety. He hates us for that. He still did day trips to Chester and the zoo etc but because his gf family don’t care and went anywhere and on holidays etc we were seen as OTT. It’s then he began to hate us and became aggressive.

We in the summer let our children meet friends but we didn’t allow people in our house or cinemas or enclosed spaces. Our daughter gave us a bit of grief for a while and she still thinks we’ve been OTT because her friends all do sleepovers, cinemas, days out to Blackpool etc and they still are meeting in eachothers houses despite Welsh lockdown So we’re the worst people ever. They both at times have made me feel I’ve done things wrong 😢

My daughter has never been aggressive or angry but of course naturally she’s felt upset as her friends parents were so laid back and we were seen as being OTT but their parents don’t have health issues like we have. I know of a local 40 year old lady no health issues who passed from covid and her husband has long lasting heart problems after having it. I’m not willing to take that chance with me and my husband who do have health problems. We’ve done our best to support our children but it’s been nothing but conflict from our son and he doesn’t care to understand.

Sorey to offload and thank you for being so kind. It’s been a hard weekend since my sons outburst, I’ve felt very upset. Xx
No apologies needed for offloading at all, I’m glad you’re able to get it out on here. I know everyone on here will be here for you if you need to talk any more. X

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Ooh, possible questions for your next poll

It's lockdown and nothing to do so will put Xmas decs up early November

Over 60 but not ready to be treated like an oldie

Can't wait for lockdown and watch figures decreasing

I'm sure you'll word them better than me. Thank you kindly 👍

Reactions: 3
Boris is being very careful how he's answering the questions about ending the 4 week lockdown. 'Everyone can decide via vote how best to proceed, we can all vote based on the figures / science at the time'.
Also, I guess in theory he could place us all in tier 3 (or 4) so it's a lockdown, but not labelled as such.
I do wonder what will happen, whether he'll free us up for the Christmas month and then lock us all down afterwards. Either way, he's definitely leaving it all quite open with his responses.

Ooh, possible questions for your next poll

It's lockdown and nothing to do so will put Xmas decs up early November

Over 60 but not ready to be treated like an oldie

Can't wait for lockdown and watch figures decreasing

I'm sure you'll word them better than me. Thank you kindly 👍
I legitmately considered putting my decs up yesterday (1st of November) just for something cheery 🤣

Reactions: 1
I wasn’t shocked ? I was wondering would they have let Harry take the throne if anything happened him
No because the next in line is Charles, then Wills, then George. If anything happens to Will and George it would be Charlotte then Louis. Harry won't get a look in.

Reactions: 8
A friend just texted me about the issue of sending Christmas cards and would they pose a covid health risk if the sender (a neighbour) licked the envelope and then pushed the card through your letterbox. Could you catch the virus when opening it?

I replied by saying I haven't a clue!

• Haha
I legitmately considered putting my decs up yesterday (1st of November) just for something cheery 🤣
You're thinking just like me now.

Cake made, cards written prezzies need wrapping, so clean house first then put decs up next week. 😃

Like you say, to cheer us up. I don't care. Might even buy more lights for outside and make it look like Tinseltown. 🎄

So I mentioned earlier that a family we knew were on their 6th holiday of the year. My son came home from school and told me that both the kids returned to school today after travelling home from Spain last night! Wtf?

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
Bleurghhh just got my NHS app notification telling me to self isolate because I've come in to contact with someone who's tested positive. I did seven days of self isolating earlier in the year when I was waiting on test results, but 12?! I'm going to go mad.

EDIT: Obviously will be isolating for as long as the app tells me, I just needed a little moan about it.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
A friend just texted me about the issue of sending Christmas cards and would they pose a covid health risk if the sender (a neighbour) licked the envelope and then pushed the card through your letterbox. Could you catch the virus when opening it?

You could put your card into self isolation for 14 days before opening. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Are people going to start with the whole paranoia again 😂

No because the next in line is Charles, then Wills, then George. If anything happens to Will and George it would be Charlotte then Louis. Harry won't get a look in.
I was thinking if Charles and Wills were sadly taken with the virus and the rest of Wills lot abdicated because Kate cleared off with Boris Johnston to live aboard a Russian billionaires luxury yacht in the gulf of Mexico ...what then? would he be allowed on the throne🚽🧻:poop:😂

Last edited:
  • Haha

The world has officially gone mad, I thought wiping down shopping was batshit crazy but now quaranting christmas cards. I can't cope here 🤣 🤣 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.